Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,877 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:46 AM

Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. (4155 Views)

BLOG & WEBSITE OWNERS: DROP 'UR LINKS HERE FOR REVIEW & TRAFFIC / Why Are We Developers Lazy In Putting Up A Good Web Portfolio / Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by seabiotics(m): 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2007
However, there are 2 ways of looking at it. We can either get discouraged and say : "People have invested in this country/sacrificed a lot for this country before, and nothing came out of it." We can therefore keep away and seek our interests alone. Or we can think " If this country has such resources, that means there are wealthy people in this country - They exist somewhere. Therefore if I offer certain goods/services in this country, they will thrive because there are people who can afford them - I get my share of the "oil money", they get my services and everyone is happy[b][/b].

Naijacutee,

I would very much like to subscribe to your line of thinking. But I am constrained for one or two reasons, notably quite a lot of people have a myriad of business ideas which they have implemented before and has worked for them successfully. Others have been discouraged due to the poor infrastructure of the country (i.e. lack of constant electricity, bad roads, etc)

The point I am making here is that not everyone is as business savvy as you think. Secondly, not everyone will have a business idea and run with it if they can't connect with the right people (that is hoping that won't even steal the idea and run with it themselves). Also, people will do anything to make ends meet, legal or illegal. It's called survival of the fittest. It happens in other countries too.

To reiterate, there is nothing inherently wrong with MLM. And pyramid schemes or MLM doesn't always involve money as the "product". A case in point is Mary Kay's product which is an MLM business. Mary did this and became a multimilliionairess. Other women, including many Nigerians are doing the same MLM business and making serious money as well. Some are doing it part time or full time. And it's all legit.

Does this reduce their thinking process to contribute to nation building or start up a business with the money they made from MLM someday? We ought to focus on successful MLM's and what people do with their ROI as opposed to why they are doing it in the first place. I will be seriously disappointed if I heard someone for instance having a party and splashing out £10k (regardless) from the returns they made on any form of business. That is not an astute investment at all. But we all think differently. It's a case of whatever floats your boat and different strokes for different folks.
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by kokorunna(m): 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2007
My brother you have spoken the truth, this are all 419 schemes grin
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by Capone(m): 5:08pm On Jan 30, 2008
Well, I certainly do not agree that MLM's are bad. I have been a member of some MLMs like GNLD, Forever Living Product and Clubfreedom. I can rightly say that my experince has been good some of us have been able to establish our dream businesses from the returns we get in this MLMs and others have bought cars and houses according to their heart's desires.

You need to test the waters before complaining. Even MLMs are not for lazy and uninspired people.

If you need information on Financial Education and legitimate means of making money for 2008.

Join the
MASTER'S BUSINESS LEAGUE
SMS 08033962278
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by porasog(f): 6:11pm On Jan 30, 2008
@naijacutee
u've written well. a word they say is enough for the wise smiley
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by zheroes(m): 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2008
hey sister,
you are not far from the truth, despite that we all can, if we believe and have the right resources, will make good fortunes from doing what suits us best, and doing it legitimately though.

MLM:am not a fan,  i can't be one,it doesnt mean it aint working for somebody, life is about risk, in this age and time you coud do everything indoors and your neighbours will call you lazy if you aint making money, and when you do people call you a yahoo boy or whatever name they deem appropriate.

i for one never had the notion that working hard makes you wealthy, you still could, but----------, anything can still happen because any uncaculated risk is gambling, i really don't want to get stuck in a job where i wont be happy afterall. you may though, just my opinion.

conclusively, i guess everybody should do whatever works best for them. PLEASE BE LEGIT.
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by internetpo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
nhm! nhm! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by internetpo(m): 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2008
nhm!nhm! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by karry2008: 8:33am On May 09, 2008
now am think of your line only.i am agree with your newletter deatils.thankx for that.i dnt tell anything with harex.even with sound.
=========
karry
You can get 5,000 free points to spend on building backlinks to your website. These points will allow you to get free text link ads on up to 5,000 quality websites. The offer simply requires a DigitalPoint forums membership. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=477444
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by NaijaEcash(m): 11:32am On May 16, 2008
@ naijacutee
Thanks for posting your idea. Even though it ended up being a controversial topic. It has done more good than bad. As each opposing party present their defense readers are opportune to add to their wealth of knowledge. Cheers. cheesy cheesy
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by tundewoods(m): 3:23am On May 17, 2008
@ Naijacute

God Bless you for starting what i would love to refer to as a wonderful and a "A" rating thread.A higly informative thread to expose the loop holes and vunerability of the "So called MLM schemes.

Honestly i think your title is rather light "Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them" i would have tagged it "IDIOTS SELL LINKS AND MORONS BUY THEM"

I have never fancyed both MLM schemes and Forex trading in Nigeria due to the Band Wagon Effect and unnecessary hype and deception associated with it.I am IT professional that majors in commercial web application consulting and therefore have little or no time to waste trying to sell link referrals to gullible friends and associates so as to climb their backs to the so called ladders of success.

Take it or Leave it,its just a matter of time before the cokkie crumbles after all we saw it happen before our very own eyes during the days of the HYIP aka wonder banks just about a year ago. Forex seems to have sustained a little longer but its just a matter of time,the cookie will definately crumble again and the MLM schemes such as the Get Away Club or (Get lost club as someone has rightly called it) are no exceptions.

Only jobless ness and greed can lure someone into such crap.
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by fransois2(m): 8:35pm On May 17, 2008
I quite agree with you naijacute, the only way to financial freedom is to seek proper knowledge. We need to put our youthful mind to productivity by gathering information and knowledge that will enable us attain the standard and lifestyle we desire.
Pursuing all these "flight-by-night and get-rich-quick" programs will do more harm than good not only to ourselves but to people we never intended to hurt. The products of unproductive mind of yesterday are the corrupt leaders of today.
The so-called white people are where they are today because of the time they invested in seeking knowledge through intensive research.
A word they say is enough for the wise.
wink
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by tomX1(m): 7:11am On May 21, 2008
It's quite instructive to note that a lot of HYIP, MLM fail and that most people that trade FOREX online loose. The fact remains however that these things work. One need to look at the reasons why they fail and you will see that the failure is not always due to a fault in the schemes but mostly to the mindset of people that patronise them.

By their very description, these high yield/high risk biz are attractive because of the possible returns that could be made. A lot of people run in with only the gains in mind without weighing the risks. Such people (being ill-informed) ussual fail (in droves) and the stories of the failures revebrate.

If as many people as rushed into FOREX and MLM etc were to have rushed into snail farming with the same level of information, I think you will quickly find that the similar problems as is witnessed in the HYIP/MLM/FOREX industry will attend to the snail farming industry. The chances of failure in any industry is high if stake holders in that industry are ill informed and have an urealistic expexctation.

Every industry that has ever made a boom also experience a lot of set backs. From the "pure water" industry to call centers, to video clubs etc. They were all quite lucrative at the onset but when every other person seems to be into it then a decline sets in and eventualy equilibrium is attained. There is no single business that is meant for everyone. People need to realy get information on whatever they whish to delve into or they end up as "Foolish People" as described by @Naijacutee.

However to rule on a blanket level that anyone that is into such ventures or bussiness is lazy smack of "Dilbertism" (According to Scott Adams - Authour of The Dilbert Principles: - "People ussualy think anything that they can't do must be easy"wink. I trade Forex amongst other things and I know how much hardwork, research, time and resources it takes to make it profitable. If you think it's a lazy mans vocation then try opening a demo account with any broker and see if you can double your equity in a month. If you can, you probably will take it up full time and if you can't then give kudos to those who have and stop calling them lazy.

In any industry, people should strive for information before they take the final plunge. not all vocations are meant for every one. Some should be farmers, some sky divers, some dancers, some banker and whatever else, just do what you do well.
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by naijacutee(f): 9:49am On May 21, 2008
seabiotics:

Naijacutee,

The point I am making here is that not everyone is as business savvy as you think.

If there has ever been a point made in the favour of MLM's on this thread then it is the above. However, one doesn't have to be business savvy to bear the future in mind, and show that in their lifestyle choices. . .
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by ztyle(m): 12:58am On May 28, 2008
Naijacute, So wats ur point here? undecided
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by tomX1(m): 8:52am On May 28, 2008
It's instructive to note that the same techniques that is employed by MLM coys is being employed by financial institution and blue-chip firms to market their products and/or services.

Some people make money, some watch, and some get the shaft up their behind. Cest la Vie.
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by yawatide(f): 9:19pm On May 28, 2008
wow! what a thread.

for it to go 2 pages in the first place baffles me. People are scratching their heads to come up with lucrative solutions online and we are arguing about links and MLM. Instead of talking about how to make our code better (code reviews, code compacting, etc) and our sites more interactive, we are talking about links and MLM. To throw in my own opinion if it counts for anything, these schemes (read, "legal scams") may or may not work. All I know is, slow and steady wins the race and the patient dog eats the fattest bone. Let's not let our economic situation drive us to do things we wouldn't normally do, all in the name of getting rich quick.

wow!
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by gbengaza: 7:09pm On May 31, 2008
my guy it seems you are still living in the stone age,the internet is opening up more and more opportunities for people to make money and people are making use of them to earn real good incomes,that regular jobs can not give.The owner of this forum is one of such "LAZY PEOPLE" as you call them ,open your eyes do you all those google ads that litter the pages on this site every time you touch them the owner earns DOLLARS.MR WISE MAN do you know that everytime you post a topic, like your"LAZY PPLE"post i am responding to,the owner makes dollars.it is true that there are many scams out there but in there midst is also a lot of good opportunities.to kick start your education on online business i implore you to visit www.achieversideas.com.bye
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by naijacutee(f): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2008
The owner of this forum is actually a very hard-working person with a lot of productive ideas and does not sit in front of the computer, begging people via e-mail, forums and goodness-knows-what-else to click on this link for this "secret" or sign up to the other program for $600 a week. . . Bah!
Re: Lazy People Sell Links, Foolish People Buy Them. by rancetech(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2008
MLM is not an easy job too like some say, it involves you going out to talk to people, convince them on joining, that's hard work in itself. So I wouldn't encourage you condemning the business. Some people love it and they enjoy doing it, and there's nothing like you taking pleasure in what you do for a living. Moreover you should be able to make good money from it, that will increase the joy of doing it.

I'm an internet marketer, I make a lot of money from it, I have helped countless people to start their online businesses, and they are making good living for themselves. They have never stopped thanking me for it. You don't have to work your ass off before making good money for yourself. Making money from the internet doesn't require you to go and sit down while money roll in, no, there's a bit of work to be done too. But believe me, the internet is one of the greatest things to have happened to this country. Believe it or not the internet has helped lot of folks to run from poverty.

Those who use the internet for illegitimate means, are only deceiving themselves, the money is going to be gone one day like a flash and they would have to start all over again, but by then it'll be too late.

So for those of us who make money the lazy man's way, we like it and we enjoy it. Don't be left out.

For those of you who are interested in learning how to make good income online without offending the law or upsetting anybody, I'll be happy to help.

You can reach me on rancetech@yahoo.com or www.legitimateonliner..com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shoutcast hosting With Whmsonic And Centova Cast Offers Available And Cheap / 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs / Unique Online Forum For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.