Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

90sgirl's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 90sgirl's Profile / 90sgirl's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Politics / Re: Poll: If Today Was Election Day, Who Would You Vote For? by 90sgirl(f): 3:21am On Mar 29, 2015
People are tired of a failed Govt and have been expressing this thru their votes. A land slide victory awaits the General. You Oga is already at home resting in Otueke.
Politics / Re: Poll: If Today Was Election Day, Who Would You Vote For? by 90sgirl(f): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lord, I pray that by the time i'm 72 years, I wld be a 'Buhari' in my own field. Upright and just only loved by people of like minds. If a man that has no bad record can still be hated by some Nigerians, then the country in sunk in bad ways.

Nigeria is filled with more evil than good. How can good prevail? How can there be credible elections? How can there be good Education? Hospitals, Court rooms, Police stations etc.

Nigerians are so poor in their intellect. Give an average Nigerian like 'You' 2 options of a bag of rice today or a secured future for your kids in years to come and you will still choose a bag of rice. Well like Craig Mack said in one of his songs " You must wanna be in the Guinness book of world records as the dumbest muthafffkr alive!

7 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Boy Attacked By Neighbour's Dogs Returns From India by 90sgirl(f): 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
Omonigho Abraham, the four year old boy who was attacked by dogs in the Igando area of Lagos State, has returned into the country from an India medical trip.

Omonigho returned into Nigeria on Thursday in company with his father, Odia, and mother, Helen, who went with him on the trip.

PUNCH Metro had reported on October 7, 2014 that the victim was attacked by two dogs in their house on Adegboyega Street, Akesan Estate.

Our correspondent reported that Omonigho was playing with his two brothers, Osemudiamen and Bobby, when the dogs, owned by their landlord, pursued them.

While the others escaped because they were older, the dogs reportedly bite off the scalp of the victim and dragged him around.

It was said policemen and residents who came around could not rescue him until his mother arrived at the scene and fought off the dogs.

Our correspondent reported that his stay at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, was marred by complaints of neglect and at a point, his father raised the alarm that Omonigho’s condition had worsened.

In December, Odia announced that the Delta State Government and a non-governmental organisation, Global Initiative for Peace, Love and Care had concluded plans to fly him to India.

An alternative plan by the Lagos State Government was turned down by the victim’s family, who said the India travel plan had been concluded.

The four-year-old departed for India on November 28, 2014 despite concerns by the Lagos State Commissioner of Health, Mr. Jide Idris, that his condition was delicate and needed special attention.

When PUNCH Metro spoke with the family during the week while they were still in India, the mother said there were improvements in her son’s condition.

She added that the family would be arriving Lagos on Thursday.

Our correspondent learnt from his father, Odia, on Thursday that the family finally arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport around 2pm.

He said, “We touched down at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport around 2pm. We are on our way home now.

“The doctors in India have completed their job. My boy is back to normal. I thank God that everything is okay.”

He appreciated the efforts of the Delta State Government, the NGO and the media for the attention given to his son.

He also acknowledged the support of the Lagos State Government during his admission in LASUTH.

Copyright PUNCH.All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Religion / Mountain Of Treasure. A Short Story By Ademola Oguntona by 90sgirl(f): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2015
Download and listen to the story while you read along http://www.4shared.com/music/73mXfSXXba/Mountain_of_Treasure.html

Mountain of Treasure Preamble

Welcome to my short story. My name is Ademola Oguntona, i have read a lot of books and I've been observing the many secrets of success for so many years. My study of what it takes to be successful at anything inspire me to give seminars and trainings to people summarily telling them they can be whoever they wish to be. I am a passion builder, I love to encourage everyone i meet to discover and develop their passion. I believe that everyone has at least one pronounced talent as individuals. That is me. I want to proceed by telling you a short story I conceived in 2005. The title of my story is Mountain of treasure. May God enrich your mind and inspire you as you listen.

Mountain of Treasure: The Story

A company wanted to know how people would behave if their destinies was put in their hands to control so they set out to offer 3 people, treasure worth $2 Million Dollars each if they could complete a certain difficult task. The task was to get to the top of a mountain to pick up a ticket that'll enable them redeem their treasure when they return. This company realised that most people expend so much energy everyday doing things they are not sure would bring them satisfaction in years to come. So they decided to offer 3 people the same tasks and provide them the same opportunities and support to see how they would use them. The company planned to host the three men after some months to a dinner where they would narrate their experiences about the journey.

The contest was thrown open and 3 people were picked at random. The terms and agreement for the completion of the task was read to them and their willingness to go on with this task was sought. The task was to reach the zenith of three different mountains for each contestant and the prize was the $2 Million dollar worth of treasure deposited on each mountain top. They were to climb or transport themselves in whichever form they could, to get to the mountain top. Some items which the company deem as neccesary to make their journey easy and less risky was provided. The journey, like a perfect reality show like Gulder Ultimate search was to begin.
Let me introduce the 3 contestants to you. First was Mike, second Stan, and was third Phil. When Mike got to his mountain to start the journey, he saw the height of the mountain and immediately was discouraged since he never prepared for such a feat or adventure. There was no way he'll ever make it to that top, he said to himself. Feeling very sad that he could not embark on a journey that would fetch him treasure worthy enough to set him up for life, he sold all the items provided by the company to at least gain something from the opportunity and move on with his petty life.

Stan's turn. When Stan got to his mountain, he was very happy. He had for so many years, learnt how to climb a mountain and had succeeded at climbing two and got to the top. He figured it'll take about 3 weeks to get to the zenith of his mountain and this time, $2 Million dollars awaits him. He was sure the items provided were adequate so he embarked on his journey to riches.

Phil: Phil is someone we can describe as a 'generalist'. He had trained and learnt so many skills all in a bid to be successful at one. From swimming to hunting to fishing, skiing, mountaineering, shooting, etc only he is not a master at any of these skills. Although he had tried to climb a number of mountains, he never made it to the top. This time, he felt sobber. After working hard at many things, the opportunity presents itself and he's half helpless. Like Mike, he knew there was no making it to the top but unlike Mike, he felt there should be another way since the terms and conditions of the task was not constricted to climbing alone. he left the mountain area but kept thinking of a better, faster safer way of getting to the mountain top.

Still very sober and thinking critically, Phil caught an idea of asking an helicopter service for help. He got excited by this idea and called the company that organised the event if he could use another means other than climbing. The company reminded him of the freedom in their terms and agreement and gave him the go ahead. Feeling much more excited and even more oaranoid this time, Phil went in search of an helicopter company to strike a deal with. He search for about 5 days before he finally got one. They demanded for 40% of the treasure, they agreed and the deal was struck. So they proceeded to the top of his mountain, got the ticket, headed straight to the company in charge of the event, and his treasure won won. He settled with the helicopter company and everything became a wonderful experience for Phil. New business friends, good wealth, and more opportunites and better deals to strike for himself. This took Phil a total of 10 days to complete.
Stan also was successful in his journey. He came back with the ticket looking so drained by the journey and it took him just like he estimated, 21 days to make it to the mountain top and back.

Morale of the story

There is treasure at the zenith of every mountain we choose to be successful at. Our mountain may be different from others but they are all tall dreams we aspire to make real. This short story is synonymous to the parable of Talents, our perception about life makes the difference. if we think we can do something, our mind which is our greatest asset agrees with us and provision sets in. If we think we cant, we have already truncated all the possibilities of succeeding in it without trying. we lose 100% at shots we never took.

Thank you for reading or listening.

Story by Ademola Oguntona.

Mountain of Treasure.

1 Like 2 Shares

Webmasters / Re: Blogging Advice For Beginners by 90sgirl(f): 4:54am On Jan 11, 2015
@UjSizzle thanks for the post. Two things

1. Please how can i copy the Ad codes given after applying for adsense to my wordpress blog? www.firstadvancebusiness.com and

2. How do i make some few dollars with this? i have downloaded so many youtube videos and they are not really helpful. can we talk one on one my email is brendasimon82@yahoo.com

thanks

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.