Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,225 members, 7,842,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Is Playing Computer Games And Watching TV Actually Good For Your Brain? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Playing Computer Games And Watching TV Actually Good For Your Brain? (755 Views)

How To Make Money Watching TV / Computer Apps/games And Pc Download / Pocket USB TV Stick For Watching TV Programs On Laptops And Computers For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Playing Computer Games And Watching TV Actually Good For Your Brain? by marke: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2012
TV and computer games have a bad reputation for stealing people's social lives and dulling their minds, but is there a good side to watching countless hours of TV and playing PS3 late into the night?

I grew up addicted to TV and my parents had to wean me off using a special token system. I did house work in return for TV tokens!

They were concerned that by watching too much TV I'd rot my brain, but I think the opposite has been true. I think it encouraged my imagination and inspired me to follow the career I have. My brother was a computer addict and now works with computers as a career and has a real gift for it. Are we exceptions?

I'd love to know what New Zealanders think about this.
[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]

You can find more information about me on the Yahoo!Xtra Answers blog:

(1) (Reply)

Cctv/surveillance Cameras For Your Premises. / How To Speed Up A Slow Computer / Get Free Customized Sms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.