Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu (2903 Views)

APC Plotting To Kill Ekweremadu, Akpabio, Secondus, Others — PDP / Buhari In Support Of APC’s Attack On Abdusalami, Others – PDP / Buhari To Earn N14 Million As Annual Salary, Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by manchy7531: 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has alleged that former Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu illegally acquired a N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall.

The PDP also alleged that Tinubu stole from the coffers of the Lagos State Government during his tenure and used same proceed to acquire Oriental Hotels, Renaissance Hotel, Agindingbi, First Nation Airline, Vintage Publications, TV Continental and Radio Continental.

National Vice Chairman of the PDP, South West, Chief Segun Oni, in a statement said many other properties illegally acquired with proceeds from corruption are traceable to the former Lagos Governor.

“Instead of attacking President Jonathan, shouldn’t the ACN be explaining to the public, who owns the N14 Billion naira Ikeja Shopping Mall that was built on Lagos Secretariat land, who acquired the land at Ikosi, Ketu, Lagos, former campus Lagos State Polytechnic, who owns Oriental Hotel, Renaissance Hotel, Agindingbi, First Nation Airline, Vintage Publications (publishers of The Nation newspapers), TV Continental, Radio Continental, and so many other illegal and corrupt acquisitions?, Oni asked in the statement.
“The ACN should tell Nigerians how a man who was governor for eight years with fixed salary and allowances could have acquired so much money to buy almost everything in Lagos and stop insulting our sensibilities with nonsensical talks which are only aimed at covering up their non-performance and looting of treasuries in the States under their control.
“What Nigerians demand from them are explanations as to the reckless and obscene appropriation of properties belonging to Lagosians by Bola Tinubu and his stupendous wealth which is at the expense of tax payers in Lagos, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun States, the PDP National Vice Chairman said.
Oni, who described the ACN as a congregation of political hypocrites said in the statement signed by his Media Aide, Mr. Lere Olayinka that; “it is the height of hypocrisy for a party, whose leader; Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu has converted all properties belonging to Lagos State to his personal use to attack the president, just because a contractor chose to invest in the propagation of the work of God by renovating a church in the president’s village instead of him (President Jonathan) collecting gratis from the contractors.”
Oni described the call by the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) for the impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan over renovation of a church building in his village by a contractor as not only satanic but irresponsible, saying; “the ACN people should first remove the beam in their eyes before looking at the specks in another person’s eyes.”

He said; “Would the ACN hypocrites have preferred that the said contractor handed the money used for the church renovation to President Jonathan as they would have done if they were the president? Or that the contractor should have doled out the money to Tinubu as part of his birthday largesse as done by ACN governors in the Southwest?

“For instance, when I was governor of Ekiti, I rejected gratis from contractors and the contractors are still alive. Instead, I told them to use the money for charity and they decided to buy vehicles for Schools for the Handicaps in the State. They bought the vehicles, donated them as ‘Friends of Segun Oni’ and as at today, the buses are still being used by the schools.

“I think the problem with these ACN people is that they think they are above everyone, including God. That is why they could come up with such satanic position just because a company performed its social responsibility by helping to promote the work of God.

“One then begins to wonder why the ACN people hate God and members of the Anglican Communion this much.”

“For instance, in Ekiti State, whenever they are faced with questions as to their failure to deliver the Eldorado that they promised the people, they will quickly come up with allegations of corruption against my person. But for over 17 months, it has been treats and no action and as at today, they are still searching their books.

Culled: Pointblanknews

Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by manchy7531: 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2012
hmmmmm!!! what can i say??
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by BlackPikiN(m): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2012
manchy7531: The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has alleged that former Lagos State Governor, [size=20pt]Bola Ahmed Tinubu illegally acquired a N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall.
[/size]
The PDP also alleged that [size=20pt]Tinubu stole from the coffers of the Lagos State Government during his tenure and used same proceed to acquire Oriental Hotels, Renaissance Hotel, Agindingbi, First Nation Airline, Vintage Publications, TV Continental and Radio Continental.
[/size]
National Vice Chairman of the PDP, South West, Chief Segun Oni, in a statement said many other properties illegally acquired with proceeds from corruption are traceable to the former Lagos Governor.

“Instead of attacking President Jonathan, shouldn’t the ACN be explaining to the public, [size=20pt]who owns the N14 Billion naira Ikeja Shopping Mall that was built on Lagos Secretariat land, who acquired the land at Ikosi, Ketu, Lagos, former campus Lagos State Polytechnic, who owns Oriental Hotel, Renaissance Hotel, Agindingbi, First Nation Airline, Vintage Publications (publishers of The Nation newspapers), TV Continental, Radio Continental, and so many other illegal and corrupt acquisitions?, Oni asked in the statement.[/size]
“The ACN should tell Nigerians how a man who was governor for eight years with fixed salary and allowances could have acquired so much money to buy almost everything in Lagos and stop insulting our sensibilities with nonsensical talks which are only aimed at covering up their non-performance and looting of treasuries in the States under their control.
“What Nigerians demand from them are explanations as to the reckless and obscene appropriation of properties belonging to Lagosians by Bola Tinubu and his stupendous wealth which is at the expense of tax payers in Lagos, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun States, the PDP National Vice Chairman said.
Oni, who described the ACN as a congregation of political hypocrites said in the statement signed by his Media Aide, Mr. Lere Olayinka that; “it is the height of hypocrisy for a party, whose leader; Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu has converted all properties belonging to Lagos State to his personal use to attack the president, just because a contractor chose to invest in the propagation of the work of God by renovating a church in the president’s village instead of him (President Jonathan) collecting gratis from the contractors.”
Oni described the call by the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) for the impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan over renovation of a church building in his village by a contractor as not only satanic but irresponsible, saying; “the ACN people should first remove the beam in their eyes before looking at the specks in another person’s eyes.”

He said; “Would the ACN hypocrites have preferred that the said contractor handed the money used for the church renovation to President Jonathan as they would have done if they were the president? Or that the contractor should have doled out the money to Tinubu as part of his birthday largesse as done by ACN governors in the Southwest?

“For instance, when I was governor of Ekiti, I rejected gratis from contractors and the contractors are still alive. Instead, I told them to use the money for charity and they decided to buy vehicles for Schools for the Handicaps in the State. They bought the vehicles, donated them as ‘Friends of Segun Oni’ and as at today, the buses are still being used by the schools.

“I think the problem with these ACN people is that they think they are above everyone, including God. That is why they could come up with such satanic position just because a company performed its social responsibility by helping to promote the work of God.

“One then begins to wonder why the ACN people hate God and members of the Anglican Communion this much.”

“For instance, in Ekiti State, whenever they are faced with questions as to their failure to deliver the Eldorado that they promised the people, they will quickly come up with allegations of corruption against my person. But for over 17 months, it has been treats and no action and as at today, they are still searching their books.

Culled: Pointblanknews

See how Tinubu thief Lagos money.
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by Beaf: 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2012
Disgusting.
ACN will collapse long before 2015.
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by ak47mann(m): 5:38pm On Apr 08, 2012
menn this tunumbu guy have milk lagos dry nawaoooo..........
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by antartica(m): 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2012
Nigerian politicians are taking things too personal,they are all criminals and they hate to be told that.
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by Kilode1: 8:48pm On Apr 08, 2012

This is also wrong. It is corruption in itself for you to benefit from people you gave contracts to by allowing them to place giant pictures of you or your name on donations. This can be a benefit for you politically and maybe financially.

And he's proud to use that as an example of good practice ? Who are these fools ?

Both parties are filled with looters and robbers of the Nigerian people. We the people are the victims here not these idioooots shedding crocodile tears and fighting like they have any iota of principle.

SMH.
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by EkoIle1: 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2012
What else is new? Tinubu own the rest if Nigeria sef including aso rock since these useless comedians with their efcc and all the power available to them can not show nigerians what the man own and where the money came from....what about business records and registration, what about shares and investments in companies.? Are all these invisible to these incompetent clowns.?

These useless id..iots just love to bother us with these silly accusations and insulting our intelligence with their silt and comedic stories.

If this man is really their number one enemy, how come they are yet to use all their power and instruments of government to dig up at least one thing against Tinubu while he was in office and after he left office, its just the same crying and moaning like crybabies.......

Pathetic bunch....
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by Demdem(m): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2012
Foolishh PDP. all allegations but nothing to support such. infact some landmarks in lagos purchased by Tinubu were left out. here are they:

Mobil House lagos.
state house marina
Entry statues to lagos
Eko bridge etc.

very foolishh party, miserable followers.
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by Afam4eva(m): 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2012
They're all thieves irrespective of party affiliations.
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by tyor: 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
I dunno why Nigerians are so pathetic. We flow with the rhythm bn played by the Newpapers and politicians.

If Tinubu could acquire all dat, we shud be worried abt Goodluck Jonathan and his team. You should be sure that GEJ has acquired 50 times more. Y r we making noise about Tinubu? Our focus shud be on ourselves, WHAT WOULD YOU DO WHEN YOU GET THERE? Start thinking of how u're gonna distinguish urself and put an end to these. We can sit down by our laptops and rain curses on these people? If Tinubu or OBJ "was/is" ur father, would you reject the ill-gotten wealth and read posts on NL? Lets us work on our selves and stop been fanatical. Some of these guys (GEJ, Fashola, Tinubu, etc) once complained abt leaders and embezzlement, theft and ill-acquired wealth. Have they done anything different?

Would you do anything different?

#IBELIEVEINNIGERIA#
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by emiye(m): 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2012
If it is TRUE, Tinubu owns all the above listed properties, then he sure is a sensible thief, he has thus invested his loots in Nigeria.

A whole
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by emiye(m): 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2012
If it is TRUE, Tinubu owns all the above listed properties, then he sure is a sensible thief, he has thus invested his loots in Nigeria.
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by hercules07: 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2012
The mall was built by westport properties funded by Actis to the tune of $100 million dollars, Rand merchant bank and Stanbic participated, Tinubu does not own it.
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by Musiwa: 1:12am On Apr 09, 2012
Eko Ile, tinubu claim to ACN success are not correct. I dont want to tell you people the real truth on the internet. So that people dont get into trouble,

Tinubu is not responsible for ACN success, I cant tell you what happen. And as long as ACN continue to put tinubu forward, they will become more unpopular in Nigeria. Ask average people on the street, most people dont like tinubu. This is why the PDP is trying to associate ACN with Tinubu, so that people will hate the ACN.

The same way people try to associate PDP with Obasanjo because most people dont like Obasanjo.. to be honest with you, tinubu is not popular on the street of nigeria, that why the PDP is using this method. that been honest with you. it is only the nigeria media that calls tinubu because they want money from him.

I cant disclose what happen why ACN is in control of part of the west. It is not tinubu. this is all I can say. i dont want to get anyone into trouble

You will notice for 6 years with tinubu, ACN Could not win 1 single extra seat apart from 1 state. so i cant speak.
Re: Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu by Johndoe100(m): 1:51am On Apr 09, 2012
What can you say? ACN is a local mafia cult and the "capo" is Tinubu. He has stolen so much from this state. I find it so funny when these muslim mafiosi want to spread their poison to other non Yoruba people.

(1) (Reply)

Religious Riots In Ibi, Taraba State / Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye / Big Shame About LASU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.