Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker (9351 Views)

Bayelsa Speaker Refuses To Vacate Seat After A'court Sacking / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? / Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Johndoe100(m): 1:16am On Apr 09, 2012
Why are these Yoruba parasites trolling this thread? I support the statement by the Bayelsa speaker. A Yoruba muslim organization, calling for the removal of GEJ while at the same time using OUR money to fund the birthday of their criminal maximum leader. I can't really understand these people, check the other thread. The oyel money was delayed by a few days and these clowns promptly shat in their pants. Can you imagine how disgusting it sounds for these people to open their stinking mouths to tell us that "oyel belongs us all". These ofomanu, efulefu, koni da fun iya la ya e. How parasitic can you be? I understand the case of the northerners, animals don't know any better and so I expect them to keep barking like the mad dogs that they are.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by TheGuy1(m): 3:41am On Apr 09, 2012
Light no dey naija o o, for almost 3 months now, everynight na Gen, fuel or diseal, cost of living is increasing with each and everypassing day, cost of doing business is highest here as compared to any other black nation, graduates are into okada riding n other more dehumanising jobs and all una dey do na to talk. Not to talk of unending corruption here and never ending probe cases dat ends up quietly. Na GOD go deliver naija 4rm una hand.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by dayokanu(m): 7:06am On Apr 09, 2012
LeoMax: Why are yeriba people so tribal and full of hate for every sitting president. I keep wondering, from OBJ to Yaradua and to GEJ

What a m0r0n. You claimed Yorubas hate OBJ yet still claims they are tribal.

Illiteracy is a disease
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by ektbear: 7:32am On Apr 09, 2012
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by procedure: 7:46am On Apr 09, 2012
Telling a president to resign an insult. I thought the constitution allows it. The ijaws expect jonathan to be treated like a tin god that must never be criticize or condemed well may be they dont know he is a nigerian president and not ijaw president. A party from any region can criticize him, rather he should understand the laws of the land and stop is gaffes and starts speaking like a nature president and not like a confused man.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 09, 2012
Lord have mercy!! This President either by act or design or both is the most divisive President since the coming of this unholy Union call Nigeria. He will utter nonsense, and when rebuffed, will rather sit back and watch his tribesmen spew nonsense to defend his gaffe. They use religion, tribe and oil to blackmail every other part of the country. Now I know why the minority should NEVER be allowed to be at the driver seat in Nigeria again post 2015.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Beaf: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2012
^
But you want to feed from money from minority lands? shocked
Wonders!

It is entertaining when grown guys wake up to rant their emptiness to the wide World! grin grin grin
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 09, 2012
ilugunboy: Lord have mercy!! This President either by act or design or both is the most divisive President since the coming of this unholy Union call Nigeria. He will utter nonsense, and when rebuffed, will rather sit back and watch his tribesmen spew nonsense to defend his gaffe. They use religion, tribe and oil to blackmail every other part of the country. Now I know why the minority should NEVER be allowed to be at the driver seat in Nigeria again post 2015.
It would have been better if you had said we should never be part of the vehicle.
All minority of parts of the vehicle should be thrown out
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Ejine(m): 9:53am On Apr 09, 2012
Beaf: ^
But you want to feed from money from minority lands? shocked
Wonders!

It is entertaining when grown guys wake up to rant their emptiness to the wide World! grin grin grin

Abeg, help me ask the guy o! These people no dey even hide their motives anymore.
Shame no even dey their eyes again.

Yet, the African idiiot would cry about racism from the caucasians. But my people, tell me, isn't Ilungboy's disgusting comment worse?
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by amosy007: 9:56am On Apr 09, 2012
Johndoe100: Why are these Yoruba parasites trolling this thread? I support the statement by the Bayelsa speaker. A Yoruba muslim organization, calling for the removal of GEJ while at the same time using OUR money to fund the birthday of their criminal maximum leader. I can't really understand these people, check the other thread. The oyel money was delayed by a few days and these clowns promptly shat in their pants. Can you imagine how disgusting it sounds for these people to open their stinking mouths to tell us that "oyel belongs us all". These ofomanu, efulefu, koni da fun iya la ya e. How parasitic can you be? I understand the case of the northerners, animals don't know any better and so I expect them to keep barking like the mad dogs that they are.
such a m0ron...
ilaje produces oil which is ondo state same as edo which which is being ruled by acn... Do u think yoruba people needs oil to survive? U must have being brainwashed... Lagos generate highest revenue than any other state in nigeria.. Despite d fact dat ph is d highest paid can u compare ph to lagos?.. By d way do u think d oil wells will be there forever? U forgot that the same cocoa, and groundnut money in sw is used to exploit oil.. U must be so blind. Do u think south west is a desert like north? go to israel.. They dnt have oil buh is one of the most powerful nation same as uk and south africa... U must be so blind to call yoruba people a parasites
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Beaf: 10:03am On Apr 09, 2012
^
Look at this yeye packet of biscuit. Is Edo state a Yoruba state nowadays?
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Ufeolorun(m): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2012
We know Jonathan is their first presidentcheesy.They should be used to him being there by now though it's understandable,when people stumble on something unimaginable they get confused on how to handle it but its flipping more than a year now man!,come on! grin
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by tunde300us(m): 10:26am On Apr 09, 2012
U need to see he way the talk around yenogoa abt jonathan and Nigeria.I was around yenogoa during the subsidy issue and i was surprise at the share ignorance of those ppl.Dem say there is no money and petrol was never sold for official price,yet they support removal of subsidy even when some of them dont even know the meaning of SUBSIDY sef
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by emsquare(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2012
Beaf:

Funny stuff! grin
This church matter is the most overhyped petty issue ever.

Honestly!
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by cold(m): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2012
Honestly if I had my way,i'd banish all forms of religious activities in Nigeria for the next ten years & see whether I go knock some sense into these people heads.Mtcheeew
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by dvee2: 11:30am On Apr 09, 2012
I wish the Ijaw nation will rechannel their energy towards asking the president to develop ijaw lands. I wish they will demand their land be develop to at least abuja standard,their roads schools and hospital be transformed to international standard during this tenor. these are the type of demands i expect. please my brothers lets demand for Leadership and this can only be achieved when you challange them.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by amosy007: 11:39am On Apr 09, 2012
Beaf: ^
Look at this yeye packet of biscuit. Is Edo state a Yoruba state nowadays?
do u have problem with reading? I said ruled by acn i didnt say yoruba... Am from edo and i prefer to associate with yoruba than any other tribe in nigeria,. Get that straight into ur hard skull
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by basher(m): 11:39am On Apr 09, 2012
musiwa.,:
warri is own by itsekiri people, you can see their yoruba names.

I don't know what you trying to say here (but I think I suspect where you are going with you allusions). I follow dodge bullet in the 90's for Warri during the tribal wars. I'm not an expert on these matters and the ownership of Warri is in dispute but methinks it's owned by Ijaw (Ogbe-Ijoh etc), Urhobo (Okere-Urhobo, Agbasa etc) and Itsekiri (Okere,etc). The areas known as Warri town itself doesn't have any oilfields, most of the oil being in the creeks.

However, I know for a fact that there is a lot of oil in Urhobo, Isoko and Kwale land in Delta state. When you combine this with the oil in Ijaw land (Focados, Ogulaha etc are all Ijaw) both onshore and offshore, then I don’t know how you can claim that most of the oil in Delta state is in Itsekiri land?!
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by dvee2: 11:41am On Apr 09, 2012
There is nothing impeachable about what the President did,he does not benefit directly from this contract. However there is nothing wrong with the opposition pointing out the president goofed when he openly tried to suggest he request for the renovation when he knows that will bring on a conflict of interest issue.thats the beauty of democaracy my friends.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Onasa22: 11:42am On Apr 09, 2012
musiwa.,:

the itsekiris are tenants in Warri
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Onasa22: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2012
musiwa.,:

The Itsekiris are Yoruba people as you can see and as for that they can't be the owner of Warri. They are mere tenants
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by sylve11: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2012
Onasa22: the itsekiris are tenants in Warri

abeg tell the mukit! they drag every land they stay. . . .useless mofos. grin grin grin cool
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by floriana(m): 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2012
Isn't Jonathan the greatest expression of insult on any nation? He has continually portrayed the ijaws as a bunch of people of doubtful academic credentials and masters of impolitic actions and utterances. Free CAN please.

1 Like

Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by omoalaro: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2012
I wish somebody will explain to these people, the difference between "OUR PRESIDENT" and "THEIR SON". We have a right to criticize our president whenever he does something wrong but these people keep on blackmailing us reducing our dissatisfaction to an attack on ijaw, an attack on niger delta, an attack on south south or even in recent example, an attack on christianity. We have never been this divided in this country. What people are saying is that soliciting for and receiving favour from a government contractor amounts to an unethical conduct that is likely to influence the decision of mr. president in his official relationship with the said contractor. The constitution is very clear on it. Whether the favour received is a church, mosque, school or even hospital. It does not matter.
Remember the last time we expressed dissatisfaction with removal of fuel subsidy, it was immediately interpreted as an attack on ijaw, niger delta and south south when in fact the president got more total votes in other regions than even the south south. we definately can not continue like these. This devisive tactics must stop.

1 Like

Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by DerideGull(m): 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2012
shymmex:

The spam bot banned me before but I'm back now. Bayelsea state produces less than 10% of Nigeria's oil wealth. What was posted on the Bayelsea state website is pure fallacy.

As for Delta state, 90% of the oil produced in Delta state are produced in Itsekiri and Ilaje land - Ijaw land only produces 10% of the oil wealth there.

The biggest oil producers in Nigeria by state are:

- Rivers.
- Akwa Ibom.
- Delta.

- Bayelsa is a distant 4th.

Most Nigerians are inherent mor0ns and denials of intensive tribalism. I suggest you go back to the map that depicts the activities of crude oil exploration in southern Nigeria, Mr. Detribalized. The map clearly shows the distance from last crude oil in Abia State to Uyo, not to mention the majority of acreage of state, which is capital of Akwa Ibom state, is vast land of no crude oil activity. The map also shows that Imo State and almost Abia State were completely overshadowed with the sketch of crude oil activities in southern Nigeria. Baring the erroneous inclusion of offshore crude oil production to certain states, Rivers, Delta, Imo and Abia are largest crude oil producing states in Nigeria.

I guess the fear of Ndigbo is driving many Nigerians into the hall of irredeemable stupidity.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by solomon111(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2012
ilugunboy: Lord have mercy!! This President either by act or design or both is the most divisive President since the coming of this unholy Union call Nigeria. He will utter nonsense, and when rebuffed, will rather sit back and watch his tribesmen spew nonsense to defend his gaffe. They use religion, tribe and oil to blackmail every other part of the country. Now I know why the minority should NEVER be allowed to be at the driver seat in Nigeria again post 2015.
The oil money from 'minority' should also not be used to soothe the insatiable lust of the 'majority' post 2015.
Fair enough!!
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by antartica(m): 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2012
Gej seems to the best among the thieves.By thieves i mean front line nigerian politicians like tinubu and co.

The only option for gej will be when progressives like Pat Utomi,Wole Soyinka,and co takes the batons,then we can finally say we have alternatives.But until then,gej remains the best of the failed generation and idealogy.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Musiwa: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2012
ijaw do not own warri, when they call a place Ogbe-Ijoh what it means is that , this is the place where the ijaw immigrate live or ijaw quarter. that is the meaning.. of Ogbe-Ijoh. it is a name to show they are immigrate. when they say Ogbe-Ibo. it means a place where ibo immigrate live. ijaw do not own warri.

this ijaw immigrated from a place in byelsa state around apoi or river nun. we also call them ijaw apoi.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Chyz2: 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2012
Well said.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by FlyboyZee: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2012
@ Shymmex and co, I don't blame you. If not that Seun is an outstanding Yorubaman with his idea of Nairaland, I would have known what to tell you. However, you speak like a very myopic, uneducated, silly opportunist who thinks Naija is all about Lagos. Simple geography we all started learning from SS 1, you still don't know at this age. Well, if the Ijaw youths had insisted that all the oil companies operating within their land should move their head offices from Lagos to the State where they have the greatest operations, I don't think you would have had anything to say, but fortunately for you, they (the Ijaws) didn't.

The Ijaws are not as cowardly as the Yorubas. If you doubt that, just go to Ajegunle in your Yoruba Lagos and ask about what the Ijaws did to the Yorubas some years back.

One evidence that points to the quantity of oil produced by each state can be seen in the monthly Tell magazines where they publish Revenue shared by the Federal Government every month. Please, check the column for 13% Derivation to get some education you are obviously lacking.

It hurts and irks so much when you sincerely contribute so much to a nation's coffers to enhance development and gets so little, while some people who thrives on their laziness in the name of professorship and high-learnedness and achieves nothing but mud houses and squealing poverty (Ekiti for instance) make some noise and talk rubbish on an internet forum. For once, let me ask: WHAT ARE THE YORUBA PEOPLE CONTRIBUTING TO THE REVENUE GENERATED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT? I beg and wait for an answer. Seun, if you like ban me. That buffoon, Shymmex or whatever has touch something he dared not even look at.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Gbawe: 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2012
omo alaro: I wish somebody will explain to these people, the difference between "OUR PRESIDENT" and "THEIR SON". We have a right to criticize our president whenever he does something wrong but these people keep on blackmailing us reducing our dissatisfaction to an attack on ijaw, an attack on niger delta, an attack on south south or even in recent example, an attack on christianity. We have never been this divided in this country. What people are saying is that soliciting for and receiving favour from a government contractor amounts to an unethical conduct that is likely to influence the decision of mr. president in his official relationship with the said contractor. The constitution is very clear on it. Whether the favour received is a church, mosque, school or even hospital. It does not matter.
Remember the last time we expressed dissatisfaction with removal of fuel subsidy, it was immediately interpreted as an attack on ijaw, niger delta and south south when in fact the president got more total votes in other regions than even the south south. we definately can not continue like these. This devisive tactics must stop.

Well said. This casual recourse to clannishness and ethnic jingoism , every time GEJ is criticised, is very disturbing to say the least. It has divided this nation badly and many powerbroker will be silently acknowledging that they made a grave mistake with GEJ and that Nigeria does not need this sort of headache in future . All I see is a section of the country displaying a shocking preference for heating up the polity with intolerance and ethnocentric bellicosity.
Re: 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker by Gideonyte(m): 2:02pm On Apr 09, 2012
basher:

I don't know what you trying to say here (but I think I suspect where you are going with you allusions). I follow dodge bullet in the 90's for Warri during the tribal wars. I'm not an expert on these matters and the ownership of Warri is in dispute but methinks it's owned by Ijaw (Ogbe-Ijoh etc), Urhobo (Okere-Urhobo, Agbasa etc) and Itsekiri (Okere,etc). The areas known as Warri town itself doesn't have any oilfields, most of the oil being in the creeks.

However, I know for a fact that there is a lot of oil in Urhobo, Isoko and Kwale land in Delta state. When you combine this with the oil in Ijaw land (Focados, Ogulaha etc are all Ijaw) both onshore and offshore, then I don’t know how you can claim that most of the oil in Delta state is in Itsekiri land?!

My brother you can forget these tribalists, many of them don't even know what their talking about! I can list hundreds of fields that I have worked on and >80% of them are on Ijaw land. Actually all of Shell's billion barrel fields (except offshore Bonga) are actually on Ijaw land. As for those who keep shouting about Lagos IGR, it would surprise you to note that Lagos has over 100 viable tax paying companies and a friend who works in Chevron once told me that Chevron alone pays over N800m in taxes every month to lagos statement govt! Just imagine what the total amount would be when you add what the other oil companies pay. This was the reason why there was so much anger when NLNG was asked to relocate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Declares 1st Of May, Public-Holiday / If NIGERIA Was To Divide Which Region Will SUFFER Most / Ondo State Speaker, Deputy Impeached Over Gross Misconduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.