Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Share Any Near-death Experience? (please Not Sleep) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Any Near-death Experience? (please Not Sleep) (796 Views)

My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / Do You Think You Share Any Traits With A Celebrity? / Do Mad People Share Any Common Right In The Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Any Near-death Experience? (please Not Sleep) by egift(m): 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2012
Have you had any experience where you came close to dieing and survived? Do share with us.
Re: Share Any Near-death Experience? (please Not Sleep) by egift(m): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2012
Personally, throughout my life, I have come very close to dieing. Am very grateful to God for keep me alive.

One of my earliest experience, I was a kid (less than 6yrs old). We stayed in Ikom, Cross River State. One day we went to the river to get water (we lived close), while we bath, an elderly neighbour who we met at the river, kept throwing my gallon into the river. At a point I decided to go get it (had not started swimming then), the river brag me once I got to deeper spots.

As I roll down the river, see sinking - drinking - smacking the water and repeating the whole thing again. At first people around thought it was a joke. Passed a lot of people swimming at the beach. When am almost down the end of the beach, it downed on me I was losing strength, sinking deeper and filled with water - so I just had to give it my best "scream" and try to stay long on the surface as I "beat" the water. Finally, I was weak, sinking and the surrounding were getting darker - just then, someone grabbed me.

I may have been breathing after I was rescued - But I was partially unconscious for more that 24hrs.
Re: Share Any Near-death Experience? (please Not Sleep) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2012
So some old fetishist was trying to sacrifice you to their river god?
Re: Share Any Near-death Experience? (please Not Sleep) by egift(m): 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2012
2buff: So some old fetishist was trying to sacrifice you to their river god?
grin grin grin
I think it was more of not knowing how to swim. After that incident, I became a pro.

Who else have had close encounter to the edge?
Re: Share Any Near-death Experience? (please Not Sleep) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2012
But this place is for political discussions, you can go to religious section with this post!
Re: Share Any Near-death Experience? (please Not Sleep) by drake2(m): 2:00am On Apr 10, 2012
I go change our wire for NEPA Pole back in d days in Surulere. My fingers became glued to d naked wires for a split second. I screamed Jesus and yanked my fingers off, was very close.
Was and still grateful to GOD ALMIGHTY.
Re: Share Any Near-death Experience? (please Not Sleep) by greedie1(f): 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2012
Yea....was a kid den, very sick, dey gave me some injections nd thinkin i was on my way to recovery, dey left me... Mum came back and called me, no answer, she touched me nd my body was ice cold so she started screaming and cryin. My Dr aunt, dad nd bro rushed in nd were calling me, my eyes were open but i couldn't see dem, nd der shouts was a faint whisper to me. From whrever i was, i tried to ans but dey didnt hear, den in frustration, i grunted nd dey heard.... Wen i came to, my mum was holding me, cryin nd singing. I still don't knw wat happened but i guess it was a near death experience nd i thank God i survived.... Since den, i ve bin cautioned against taking cpen injection, wtever dt is

(1) (Reply)

@ 52 Nigerians Still Wallow In Pains / Was I Really Wrong? -”I Was Sacked For Telling My Boss Wife To Close Her Leg” / Is Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock Actually A Marital Stigma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.