Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

List Of Applications That Consume Too Much Internet Bandwidth - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / List Of Applications That Consume Too Much Internet Bandwidth (1451 Views)

Now N2,500 Per Year Only!!! Get 10GB Large Space, 100GB Bandwidth & More.... / 10GB Huge Space, Unlimited Bandwidth & More With a Free .COM Domain for N3500/yr / Sunnewsonline.com Bandwidth Limit Exceeded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Applications That Consume Too Much Internet Bandwidth by 4good(m): 11:06am On Apr 10, 2012
Hi friends on NL! I want experienced IT personnels to please give me the list of Aplications or websites that when visited on the internet usually consume a lot of bandwidth.
Also, please what are the other things that internet users do that could easily consume bandwidth expecially when your ISP places you on a limited platform.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: List Of Applications That Consume Too Much Internet Bandwidth by mkmyers45(m): 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
It depends on the apps you have. Generally, Anti-virus, Streaming apps eg Youtube, file sharing/manager and general system update are usual suspect.
Re: List Of Applications That Consume Too Much Internet Bandwidth by DualCore1: 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
Any website that auto-refreshes itself or runs some auto-updating AJAX queries behind the scene will consume more bandwidth depending on amount of data downloaded each time (which in most cases are minimal)
Re: List Of Applications That Consume Too Much Internet Bandwidth by mrperfect(m): 2:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
All the automatic update of sofwares you have in your system.
Re: List Of Applications That Consume Too Much Internet Bandwidth by teemy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
Check out your own PC Automatic Windows Updates as well as chat apps like digsby

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Pls Help Me Recover My Email? / Mini Importation Business Guide Start Today With as low as 11k. / How Do I Own A Callertunes Service Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.