Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,921 members, 7,956,459 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor (960 Views)

Where Is DPR? Retropark On Peter Odili Is Selling At N180 / Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! / Peter Odili Is A Thief: The Efcc Report That Nailed Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by Kobojunkie: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2007
Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi, has assured that he would not probe the government of Dr. Peter Odili because of lack of evidence.

Amaechi who disclosed this to newsmen at the weekend at the Presidential Wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos stated: "I am not aware that there is any offence for which it could be probed."

Contrary to the popular refrain of inheriting an empty treasury, the governor who assumed office late last month through the Supreme Court's verdict said his immediate predecessor, Celestine Omehia, left a robust treasury.

"I did not meet an empty treasury. I have some money left in the bank," he said. Commenting on what blue print he had for the state, Amaechi said there were lots of programmes that his administration would embark upon, adding that he would carry the people along in articulating the policy frame work.

"We want to focus massively on poverty alleviation. Rivers State is a one-city state and we want to change that. We want to ensure that the welfare of the people, that is, the commonwealth, goes back to the people, not just to the elite. We are not just rushing to do projects or programmes; we want to involve the people to articulate policies before selling to them the ideas of what we want to do. There will be education reforms, health reforms and all that," Amaechi said.

On comments by some legal practitioners who faulted the procedure for his return as governor, he argued that he remained the bona fide governor of the state.

"I hope they are reading the constitution very well. The constitution says a party canvasses for votes, not an individual. If a party canvasses for votes, it means that the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) has won and I'm declared the authentic candidate of the PDP. Therefore, I remain the governor of Rivers State ," he declared.
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by folahann(m): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2007
They of one blood and flesh.
Let's not betray each other
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by angel101(f): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2007
Exactly lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by almondjoy(f): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2007
I am happy southerners in Nigeria are finally waking up. Killing themselves unnecessary in the name of some nonsensical "fight against corruption". This is good news. Kudos to Amaechi! Please protect your brother from the "Arewa-Oduduwa" Mafia kingdom. About time they stopped allowing that fake EFCC to use them as scape goats.
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by ojimboIV: 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2007
another one from the nairaland crystal ball, let them cover their tracks, the truth is even the highest conspiracies are susceptible to flaws and despite the fact that these dudes have shortchanged the rivers people for the past 8yrs+, they are still accountable for the depressing state of things.
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by otokx(m): 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2007
Amaechi only said the state does not possess any evidence and so cannot probe Odili. There are instituitions whose job is to probe, His own job na to spread the goodies. PDP carry go.
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by Danmasani(m): 4:45am On Nov 07, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi, has assured that he would not probe the government of Dr. Peter Odili because of lack of evidence.

Amaechi who disclosed this to newsmen at the weekend at the Presidential Wing of the Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos stated: "I am not aware that there is any offence for which it could be probed."

Contrary to the popular refrain of inheriting an empty treasury, the governor who assumed office late last month through the Supreme Court's verdict said his immediate predecessor, Celestine Omehia, left a robust treasury.

"I did not meet an empty treasury. I have some money left in the bank," he said. Commenting on what blue print he had for the state, Amaechi said there were lots of programmes that his administration would embark upon, adding that he would carry the people along in articulating the policy frame work.

"We want to focus massively on poverty alleviation. Rivers State is a one-city state and we want to change that. We want to ensure that the welfare of the people, that is, the commonwealth, goes back to the people, not just to the elite. We are not just rushing to do projects or programmes; we want to involve the people to articulate policies before selling to them the ideas of what we want to do. There will be education reforms, health reforms and all that," Amaechi said.

On comments by some legal practitioners who faulted the procedure for his return as governor, he argued that he remained the bona fide governor of the state.

"I hope they are reading the constitution very well. The constitution says a party canvasses for votes, not an individual. If a party canvasses for votes, it means that the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) has won and I'm declared the authentic candidate of the PDP. Therefore, I remain the governor of Rivers State ," he declared.

No where in this post did Amaechi say that EFCC can not touch Odili. He only said there was a "lack of evidence". That is, when "evidence" shows up, there will be an "offense which could be probed".
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by Afam(m): 9:26am On Nov 07, 2007
Danmasani:

No where in this post did Amaechi say that EFCC can not touch Odili. He only said there was a "lack of evidence". That is, when "evidence" shows up, there will be an "offense which could be probed".

This idea of outrightly lying or using misleading headings just to get people read posts is bad and should be frowned upon.

It seems that some Nigerians simply cannot face facts in life and this is not good news.
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by almondjoy(f): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2007
Danmasani:

Yeah Right!!!!! Like the evidence Atiku had against OBJ. We all know what "evidence" showing up entails for "whatever offences which could be probed" means. More like "give me time to sweep it under the rug and wipe the slate clean"!!!

Nonsense!!! What Amaechi says is just a matter of "political correctness". We all know the deal. Another clever way of Nigeria's "step aside" politics. Please stop wasting our time with semantics and read between the lines. We are not babies, so do not insult our collective intelligence Dr. atson has left behind!!!
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by semidaraeb(m): 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2007
What do u expect crooks will always cover up for themselves so that they don't open each others dirty secrets or y would he say there is no evidence to prosecute Odili, fine it is not his duty to look for evidence, but i know if he was determine what stops him from setting up a probe panel to investigate all the allegations levelled against odili who went to a court in Rivers State to get an injunction restraining the Efcc from bring him to trail for corruption with out the efcc even being aware of it until the judge refused the application and put efcc on notice

so don't be surprised at what they are doing Cos am not
Re: Nigeria - Odili Is Free And Efcc Can Not Touch Him Say Governor by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2007
Danmasani:

http://www.rebornradio.com/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=456

You read and decide for yourself if you will believe it or not , grin

(1) (Reply)

What Is All These? / Obasanjo Said We Should Leave Electricity Problem To God / Nigeria, Wealthy, Yet Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.