Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Radio Station - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Radio Station (1591 Views)

New Radio Station, Rave FM 91.7, Launched In Osogbo / Top Most Listened Radio Station In Ibadan / What Is Your Favourite Radio Station And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radio Station by mmuoado(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
Hi peeps,I want to know what it takes financially and otherwise to open a radio station.thank you very much
Re: Radio Station by deleson: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2012
Hi,

Setting-up a radio station in Nigeria especially in the happening states could be profitable.
However, getting the transmission license from NBC is the big thing. For instance, getting a broadcast license in states like Lagos and Abuja is almost impossible except with a strong political influence( not even your money will help). This is due to the fact that Lagos and Abuja's airwaves are already saturated which is almost leading to wave-war, nevertheless you can acquire express license in less developed and radio dominated states.

On the average you need about 200-300million naira to kick-start a standard radio station that can at least compete with other existing ones. Note, the more your investment the better your coverage,delivery and financial returns.

Setting up a radio station anywhere in the world requires working with experienced personnels. More so, qualitative human and mechanical resources are essential.

As a radio practitioner, I've over the years been involved in setting-up and managing major and minor radio stations in and around Nigeria.

Hope this info will assist your curiosity.

For further info,pls contact me via 08033785858.
Re: Radio Station by mmuoado(m): 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
deleson: Hi,

Setting-up a radio station in Nigeria especially in the happening states could be profitable.
However, getting the transmission license from NBC is the big thing. For instance, getting a broadcast license in states like Lagos and Abuja is almost impossible except with a strong political influence( not even your money will help). This is due to the fact that Lagos and Abuja's airwaves are already saturated which is almost leading to wave-war, nevertheless you can acquire express license in less developed and radio dominated states.

On the average you need about 200-300million naira to kick-start a standard radio station that can at least compete with other existing ones. Note, the more your investment the better your coverage,delivery and financial returns.

Setting up a radio station anywhere in the world requires working with experienced personnels. More so, qualitative human and mechanical resources are essential.

As a radio practitioner, I've over the years been involved in setting-up and managing major and minor radio stations in and around Nigeria.

Thanks pal,am overwhelmed.that's a lot of money/investment.will get back to you,one more time,thank you
Re: Radio Station by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
deleson: Hi,

What is the cost of setting up a minor station, probably one with the frequency within a state.

(1) (Reply)

90s Nostalgia Project / 10 Easy Steps To Becoming A Successful Music Artiste In Nigeria / M.I 3 Chairman Album Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.