Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! (8982 Views)

Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March / PDP Vows To Recapture Rivers, Edo In 2015 / PDP Removes OBJ's Loyalists From Southwest Party Positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Boyoorisha: 10:50am On Apr 11, 2012
National Vice-Chairman (South-West) of Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Segun Oni, yesterday, vowed that the dominance of the ruling Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in the zone would not extend beyond 2015.

Oni, a former governor of Ekiti State, said if not for the internal crises that engulfed his party, ACN could not have had any chance in the zone, stressing that ACN was an interim government.

Oni, who spoke in Ibadan while reconciling three main factions of the party, pleaded with the factions to forget the past and fashion out ways the party could reclaim its influence in the geo-political zone.

Before meeting the feuding parties at the party’s state secretariat, he had met elders of the party at the residence of the former Attorney- General and Minister of Justice, Chief Richard Akinjide (SAN).

He told them that as the party’s zonal leader, he would be happy to see a more united party where no discrimination would be allowed to fester.

He said: ”The party I would like to lead is an all- inclusive one, where everybody irrespective of line of divide so far you are a PDP member, would be given voice. We are going to bring everybody back under the same umbrella to become one united family to face our future electoral challenges starting with the local government elections across the zone.”

Expressing his disapproval of the leadership style of ACN, he said ACN “is in power in the interim. But, the only means of shortening their interim administration in the zone, is not to allow it go beyond 2015 and for us to come together and stand like a team”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/pdp-vows-to-dislodge-acn-from-southwest/
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Callotti: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2012
Politics and strange bed-fellows!
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by OAM4J: 1:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
Interesting!
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by EkoIle1: 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2012
Losers are allowed to dream too.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by doctorbabs(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
WHAT ARE THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS IN THOSE STATE CONTROL BY THEM(PDP) EVEN THERE PRESIDENT CANNOT PINPOINT ONE ACHIEVEMENT. THEY SHOULD GO AND SITT DOWN SOMEWHERE. LET PEOPLE HEAR WORD.

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by babaowo: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
Eko Ile: Losers are allowed to dream too.
... And they always lose in the dream also.

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by CuteTj(m): 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2012
PDP back in South West? I hope that never happens! They are the major problem of this country. Though ACN should improve on their performance and make less noise.

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Razman4fun(m): 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
Hmmmmm,,dats a very nice vote of courage from Mr. ONI 2 all PDP members... But let them hear it now that; To take over western part of the country from ACN IS a day tym dream, WHICH CAN NEVER COME TRUE........ 2ru yarn NANI!!!!!!!!!
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
Why does my party continue to disgrace me like this angry
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by babakura(m): 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
What is wrong wif this PDP sef .. They think Nigeria is their's no wonder Tinubu is a saint cos he didnt allow them to do whatever they want

ganza123..co.uk
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by femoint007(m): 2:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
Mr segun oni is a failure,he has fail us in ekiti n d whole ekiti ekete has rejected him n his generation,acn has come to southwest n stay,we the yoruba's wl neva vote in pdp in 2 power again,God forbid.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by mygsmnairacom(m): 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2012
Mr. Oni, tell us the programmes you have planned for us, that will trounce ACN programmes, and you have our votes - only if you can show how you fulfilled the promises you made before you came into power. Power is not just there for the taking, it is a call to serve. How did you serve when you were there?

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by khufu: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
Funny. ACN will retain their traditional South-West stronghold come what may. Ondo State joins the ACN train come October.
At best, Oni is a clown. At worst, a m0ron.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
[size=13pt]ACN people stop deceiving yourselves, PDP would take SW from ACN If ACN does not perform like they are doing currently.

That mumu called Lai Mohammed did not talk against Tinubu spending millions on his birthday cake let alone on the entire event. Lets not deceive ourselves, the saving for ACN right now is just 2 individuals namely Fashola and Oshomole. Once those two leave ACN, it would fall like a pack of cards.

If PDP would provide better governance, then they would steal SW for ACN, Gba gbe !!! PDP has missed up Yes but that does not give ACN the ultimate right to rule any state not to talk of Southwest[/size]

2 Likes

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
None of you diehard ACN fans have asked yourself these questions.

1. Why is tinubu still controlling Fashola like a puppet ?

2. Where did tinubu get the money to conduct elections, win and buy expensive buildings in Lekki Ajah area ?

3. Why did he monopolies the tax company in Lagos to his own, so he can steal ?

etc

Lets be real here, ACN black sheep is Tinubu and Aregbesola and until they leave ACN, ACN would not reach her full potential fact !!!

You all cannot be praising Tinubu as a thief and be castigating others

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
PDP should ask themselves If and why any sane person would choose

Murderer Musiliu Obanikoro over Fashola

Bleaching Alao-Akala over Ajimobi

Choose thug Fayose over Intellectual Kayode Fayemi

Tunji Olurin over Ibikunle Amosun

Murderer Iyiola Omisore over Anyone

The people of the SW have rejected the PDP and it would stay that way for a long time

PDP ofers no credible alternative to the ACN
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2012
dayokanu: PDP should ask themselves If and why any sane person would choose

Murderer Musiliu Obanikoro over Fashola

Bleaching Alao-Akala over Ajimobi

Choose thug Fayose over Intellectual Kayode Fayemi

Tunji Olurin over Ibikunle Amosun

Murderer Iyiola Omisore over Anyone

The people of the SW have rejected the PDP and it would stay that way for a long time

P[b]DP ofers no credible alternative to the ACN[/b]

I you even given then the chance to ? Reason why ACN is ruling SW today is because of Oshomole and Fashola, apart from that them Aregbesola and co would have lost !

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Exponental(m): 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2012
Freedom of speech!
If pdp members can swear with their lives, other than rigging, how many states can they claim?
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem:

I you even given then the chance to ? Reason why ACN is ruling SW today is because of Oshomole and Fashola, apart from that them Aregbesola and co would have lost !

Whats all these gibberish

Answer in simple language

minus Fashola or whatever

Which sane human would choose Alao-Akala over Ajimobi?

How did Fashola become governor? Why didnt the SW PDP find a man of Fashola or Oshiomoles caliber instead of feeding us with Oyinlola, Akala, Obanikoro, Omisore, Fayose etc?
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
dayokanu:

Whats all these gibberish

Answer in simple language

minus Fashola or whatever

Which sane human would choose Alao-Akala over Ajimobi?

Of course those were the few corrupt people just like we have them in Every other party as well including ACN. I am saying if PDP have presented someone like Dosummu (lagos) against likes of Ajimobi etc they would have lost
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Delafruita(m): 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
@alj harem
is tinubu the only one that owns buildings in lekki?even dbanj and don jazzy own buildings in lekki.my neighbour who sells roofing sheet owns a building in lekki so why is tinubu's own special?isnt preposterous that you question the amount a man spent on his 60th birthday despite d man been wealthy b4 becumin guvnor.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem:

Of course those were the few corrupt people just like we have them in Every other party as well including ACN. I am saying if PDP have presented someone like Dosummu (lagos) against likes of Ajimobi etc they would have lost

How did Fashola become governor? Why didnt the SW PDP find a man of Fashola or Oshiomoles caliber instead of feeding us with Oyinlola, Akala, Obanikoro, Omisore, Fayose etc?

Now comapre state by State ACN candidate vs PDP candidates and tell us which one PDP presented a better candidate?
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by emsquare(m): 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
doctorbabs: WHAT ARE THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS IN THOSE STATE CONTROL BY THEM(PDP) EVEN THERE PRESIDENT CANNOT PINPOINT ONE ACHIEVEMENT. THEY SHOULD GO AND SITT DOWN SOMEWHERE. LET PEOPLE HEAR WORD.

True talk!
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by jason123: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
If there is one thing I dislike about ACN, its Tinubu! That ojuyobo is an A55! The only reason people like ACN, apart from the impact of Fashola and Osho baba, is that they are the next big political party.

I bet if PDP should do their home work, they win back the SW.

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Delafruita(m): 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
@alj harem
if despite been tinubu's puppet fashola has been able to perform so well in lagos,i think it would be beneficial to all nigerians if their state governors were to asiwaju's puppet.
if asiwaju's company collects taxes for lagos,what's fraudulent in that?does been an ex-govnor stop him from conducting legal biznes?
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
Delafruita: @alj harem
is tinubu the only one that owns buildings in lekki?even dbanj and don jazzy own buildings in lekki.my neighbour who sells roofing sheet owns a building in lekki so why is tinubu's own special?isnt preposterous that you question the amount a man spent on his 60th birthday despite d man been wealthy b4 becumin guvnor.

You are saying it as if that is tinubu only acquired property,

What of Oriental hotel

Bellview airline, Or should I continue ?

Of course Lekki house does not really matter, I am talking in general the properties he acquired that only the government have the money to acquire not some former state governor.

Please he was not that wealthy before becoming the state governor angry where did you get that from ?

In 1999 who sponsor his election, Tinubu or Aferifere of which even Funsho Williams chipped in to help so lets stop the claim, Now after 8 years being in power, Tinubu can not only afford to sponsor his own election but also election around the country, 6 governors and even to presidential one.

Tinubu was never that rich
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
jason123: If there is one thing I dislike about ACN, its Tinubu! That ojuyobo is an A55! The only reason people like ACN, apart from the impact of Fashola and Osho baba, is that they are the next big political party.

I bet if PDP should do their home work, they win back the SW.

How come this terrible Tinubu was able to give us Fashola, Oshiomole etc?

Why wasnt Tinubu giving SW options like Akala, Fayose etc?

This question again

Now comapre state by State ACN candidate vs PDP candidates and tell us which one PDP presented a better candidate?
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
dayokanu:

All I am saying is that we should stop this notion of PDP can not dislodge ACN, it is false and crazy to say that. If PDP provide a better candidate like they would in the next election, they would win the SW.

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by asoebi(m): 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
See two mumus dey talk, like say we even like any of them mtcheeew
FYI I voted for Fashola and not ACN
I voted for GEJ and not PDP
mtchewwww
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2012
Delafruita: @alj harem
if despite been tinubu's puppet fashola has been able to perform so well in lagos,i think it would be beneficial to all nigerians if their state governors were to asiwaju's puppet.
if asiwaju's company collects taxes for lagos,[b]what's fraudulent in that?[/b]does been an ex-govnor stop him from conducting legal biznes?

1. How is it beneficial that the Ex-governor is not giving free hand for the current governor to rule his way ? What happened to democracy ?

2. shocked shocked shocked Are you seriously asking that question ? So you see no fraud in a corrupt ex-governor collecting tax from the state he ruled before ? Maybe you can explain how tinubu was able to buy bellview, Orintial hotel etc ? And how is it a legal bizness ? being a party leader and also be a tax collector ?
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by edogirl2: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem:

The only reason Messi can play football better than I can is 'cause he's talented with an eye for a goal. Remove those 2 factors and I will be better. Honest

The only reason I'm not the US Secretary of State is 'cause I'm not white, female, and named Hilary Clinton. Remove those things, walahi, I'd right now be US Sec of State.

See how meaningless your comment is.

Point is, fashola, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Aregbesola, fayemi etc are all in ACN together - so what's the point of saying pdp will win if this character leaves or stay in Acn
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
edo.girl:

The only reason Messi can play football better than I can is 'cause he's talented with an eye for a goal. Remove those 2 factors and I will be better. Honest

The only reason I'm not the US Secretary of State is 'cause I'm not white, female, and named Hilary Clinton. Remove those things, walahi, I'd right now be US Sec of State.

See how meaningless your comment is.

Point is, fashola, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Aregbesola, fayemi etc are all in ACN together - so what's the point of saying pdp will win if this character leaves or stay in Acn

Watch the next election. There would be a great reshoving in the South-west.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? / JUSUN Suspends Strike In Federal Courts / Assets Sale: NLC To Protest Nationwide, Enlists 20 Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.