Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Help:finger Print Implementation Issues - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help:finger Print Implementation Issues (2759 Views)

Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP / A Universal Sdk For Finger Print Scanner / Finger Print Application With C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help:finger Print Implementation Issues by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
I am currently working on a fingerprint biometric system in which I downloaded a free SDK from digitalpersona. Thought, I'm done with the enrollment part and saving the finger template in my db as data bytes.
The probelem I'm facing now is verifying using the template in the db such that I have to convert the bytes in the db to digitalpersona template which I can now use for comparism.
Please guyz in da house help me out. I am using .net
Re: Help:finger Print Implementation Issues by dellnet: 12:07am On Apr 12, 2012
Why don't you convert the digitalpersona template to your db template and do the comparison?
Re: Help:finger Print Implementation Issues by Kobojunkie: 1:14am On Apr 12, 2012
ibrodex: I am currently working on a fingerprint biometric system in which I downloaded a free SDK from digitalpersona. Thought, I'm done with the enrollment part and saving the finger template in my db as data bytes.
The probelem I'm facing now is verifying using the template in the db such that I have to convert the bytes in the db to digitalpersona template which I can now use for comparism.
Please guyz in da house help me out. I am using .net

Never done this myself but sure I can help if you provide meaningful information on how you are doing this.
Reading the SDK information DigitalPersona SDK Guide I see there is a DPPRO.VerifyUser class that is to help you with verifying user information. Is this what you are using? If yes/no, please explain with better details what exactly you are doing, so we can better help.
Re: Help:finger Print Implementation Issues by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2012
@dell_net: it would have been better if it works the way you said it. The issue is that when ever I enrol a finger it generates a template which I convert to bytes and save into my db. On verification it generate a templates again for the same finger which if converted to bytes will never be the same as the one in db. I even tried serialization and deserialization but it keeps throwing up an error that can not convet bytes to DPFP.template.

@ kobojunkie:
The verifiyer class only compare an newly printed feature of the finger with an existing generated templates. Here the verifyer assecpts only the feature and teplates which I have stored in a respository. Here, what I am trying to achieve is that I want to verify fingerprints with the one in my db and compare it with the newly printed one. Note: that the fingerprint template I stored in my db is in byte. Which I have to convert back to DPFP.template. I hope you understand me now.
Thanks guyz.
Re: Help:finger Print Implementation Issues by kodewrita(m): 9:14am On Apr 12, 2012
Guess I'll have to give you the Lord of The Rings then?

www.griaulebiometrics.com

They have a DigitaPersona compatible SDK and its also capable of reading biometric samples from images.

also search for biometric research by the University of Bologna. I recall using their API tools for my final year project.
Re: Help:finger Print Implementation Issues by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Apr 12, 2012
ibrodex:
@ kobojunkie:
The verifiyer class only compare an newly printed feature of the finger with an existing generated templates. Here the verifyer assecpts only the feature and teplates which I have stored in a respository. Here, what I am trying to achieve is that I want to verify fingerprints with the one in my db and compare it with the newly printed one. Note: that the fingerprint template I stored in my db is in byte. Which I have to convert back to DPFP.template. I hope you understand me now.
Thanks guyz.

Ok. . so if your data is stored in bytes in your repository, what problem are you having with creating a DPFP object using those bytes? Is there no conversion provided for such?
Re: Help:finger Print Implementation Issues by dellnet: 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2012
Don't expect "the same" data, in biometrics you expect "a match". Check your sdk on how to match the prints.
Re: Help:finger Print Implementation Issues by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2012
Thanks GUYZ. Problem solved.
Re: Help:finger Print Implementation Issues by hgnader: 4:54am On Sep 27, 2012
Hello ibrodex,
I am having the same problem you had. It looks like you got it figured out. Can you give me a little help please. Thanks in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? / Running A Sports Betting Website / Pls Programmers Help With Similarities Of Pseudocode & Algorithm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.