Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,213 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split (25650 Views)

Dbanj And Charley Boy Pictured Together / MUST-READ: New Facts Emerge On Muna Obiekwe's Death ...chei!... / LOL: Alibaba, Derenle Edun, Matse Funny Comments On Dbanj’s Koko Concert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Double194(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
ritux:

You just pointed something there that it is below par for dbanj to say he bought so and so for Jazzy. What about Jazzy taht was balbing that dbanj sing u cannot sing rap u cannot rap....... Is this not below par for Jazzy to be saying.

when and where did he say that, post a link or shut up.
(stu.pid azz creating comments for Don Jazzy)
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by iykay4455(m): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
alj harem:

Nope they do not speak yoruba or Igbo, Reason for saying is because I spoke to an Abgor man the other day and I spoke Igbo to him, he was angry and angryly told me he is not Igbo and should not disrespect him. So what should I do.

I told him he bears Igbo names but told me some bear Igbo names while others don't.

So because one man objected you now generalize?Your sense of reasoning is incredible.I also know two agbor men who proudly say they are Igbos and speak Igbo
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by greenmouse(m): 9:29pm On Apr 13, 2012
@Seun, beware of what makes your front page
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by silibaba: 9:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Abegi. . .who doesnt know that d'banj is the brain behind mohit ?
bros na only you.

who do you think wrote and produced the track igwe and am sure it goes same with the others with less yoruba lyrics embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

don jazzy again thats the signature he is really the don grin grin grin grincheesy
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by lionshare: 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2012
Double194: Most of U under-estimate Don Jazzy. He produced a song for Fally Ipupa that nearly blew down rooftops. He produced a song (Under G) for SauceKid that won MTV song of the quarter year. He produced a song (free of charge) for The South African Choir for Nelson Mandela's B.day in London that won him a handshake with Nelson Mandela. He co-produced a song with Cobhams for the Headies Project that won him numerous awards. He has won Best Producer in Nigeria for 3 years consecutively. And U still think D'banj was the driving force behind MoHits. (Think again). Ever listened to the beats behind Pere by W.C.

Lies...Lies... There was never any production for Fally Ipupa by any IDJA...I don't know about the SA choir but i am sure it was only 9ice that was invited for mandela b'day...As for d UnderG song: ahahhah which mumu award....

Think about it....of the top ten songs in naija....apart from Oliver which song can he claim to have produce that is among top ten songs in Naija...There can be many more DOn Jazzies grin but you can't get any other DBANJ. Besides, once IDJA is without Dbanj he is just an ordinary producer...i must commend Dbanj and admit that he is a very humble person cos i cant imagine answering Boss to my partner...God forbids!!!

silibaba:
bros na only you.

who do you think wrote and produced the track igwe and am sure it goes same with the others with less yoruba lyrics embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

don jazzy again thats the signature he is really the don grin grin grin grincheesy

@Bluetooth

You are a big mumu of the highest order...with or without Dbanj can sing songs in Any language in Naija...or are you going to tell me IDJA is responsible 9ice Igbo verses in some of his songs...

TEAM Dbanj all the way...OShe!!!

Finally even if eventually Dbanj decides not to sing anymore...I am more than certain he will survive big tim ein any climes he finds himself...besides this dude is MADE....
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Double194(m): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2012
lionshare:

Lies...Lies... There was never any production for Fally Ipupa by any IDJA...I don't know about the SA choir but i am sure it was only 9ice that was invited for mandela b'day...As for d UnderG song: ahahhah which mumu award....

Think about it....of the top ten songs in naija....apart from Oliver which song can he claim to have produce that is among top ten songs in Naija...There can be many more DOn Jazzies grin but you can't get any other DBANJ. Besides, once IDJA is without Dbanj he is just an ordinary producer...i must commend Dbanj and admit that he is a very humble person cos i cant imagine answering Boss to my partner...God forbids!!!

@Bluetooth

You are a big mumu of the highest order...with or without Dbanj can sing songs in Any language in Naija...or are you going to tell me IDJA is responsible 9ice Igbo verses in some of his songs...

TEAM Dbanj all the way...OShe!!!

Finally even if eventually Dbanj decides not to sing anymore...I am more than certain he will survive big tim ein any climes he finds himself...besides this dude is MADE....
Na U get ur mouth so U fit use am talk any sh.it. During their time together, Don J was CEO. (Dummie it means Chief Executive Officer.) Dosen't it tell U sometin.?
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by lionshare: 11:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
@Double194....Its all showbiz man besides CEO is administrative and does not implies that he owns the Label.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Afam4eva(m): 11:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
lionshare: @Double194....Its all showbiz man besides CEO is administrative and does not implies that he owns the Label.

CEO means "Chief Executive Officer". Do you what that means? Managing Director? No, Manager? No. It means owner or highest share holder.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by binhozie(m): 12:18am On Apr 14, 2012
Some people can be funny sha. Pls in what way is dbanj talented. Just take a moment, mute the beats on dbanj songs and then listen to him. grin
Make God keep us alive and let us watch dbanj post mohits. I'm dying to know what he'll sing with good music
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by omosexy1: 12:59am On Apr 14, 2012
I read the comments here I laugh. Some are nice while some are dumbed. Who can count how many albums D'banj has? Just 2 in 8 years and they were unsuccessful. You can confirm from Tjoe who did the marketing of the first album which wasn't successful and D'banj mom was fighting Tjoe of robbing them off. Both D'banj and Don Jazzy were not interested in selling songs or album, they were after endosement and shows and to break into the American Market . They paid Chris Aire to link them to Snoop for the Mr. Endowed remix and paid Kanye to sign them up. Has anyone asked if Don Jazzy has revoked the contract signed with GOOD music, he was signed up too as a producer. My take on this, there is more than meet the eyes, I believe the controversy was deliberately stirred for money purpose and we can see the effect on Nairaland, now add other internet forums. Everybody is waiting for what Don Jazzy would say or do; everybody is waiting for d'banj's next song without Don jazzy. They will both do well because they have gotten into your psyche and in the future they would reconcile after raking up your cash. Please don't forget this guys are business men. See link below

http://www.notjustok.com/?p=51936

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/23/arts/music/dbanj-and-other-african-stars-at-irving-plaza.html
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by aljharem(m): 3:27am On Apr 14, 2012
iykay4455:

So because one man objected you now generalize?Your sense of reasoning is incredible.I also know two agbor men who proudly say they are Igbos and speak Igbo

When Ngohagaha1 was doing the same, you did not castigate him although he was lying, Well at least mine is true.

Well I guess you are right, One person does not speak for all !!!, Sorry if it anger you in any way
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by clemmonce(m): 3:58am On Apr 14, 2012
ifihearam: Na don jazzzy go suffer this break up allah
exactly wat i told my broda
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by clemmonce(m): 4:46am On Apr 14, 2012
jmaine: Na Don J correct back up voice dey make me gbadun Dbanj songs . . .from Tongolo - Pere - Igwe - Mr Endowed . . .The intro of that Mr Endowed na him be my highlight and guess whose voice was that = Don J baba of course . . .make Dbanj go nod ram abeg . .i no send am . . .Don J solid beats would still rule the waves in Naija . . . With Wande Coal at Don J side . . .Dbanj is in a big mess . . . Make una watch out . . .
just guess how much does it cost to call dbanj to a show and how much does it cost to call wande coal.rememba d little cash wil be shared among 4 ppl. make we c who go run down
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by onatisi(m): 5:57am On Apr 14, 2012
guys dont be fooled about all this stories.dbanj and don jazzy will still get together back soon .u will see.all this publicity stunt andiquidation or whatever of mo hits has a purpose. with donjazzy dbanj will be nobody and vice versa
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by igboboy1(m): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2012
alj harem:

[size=13pt]Agbor people ARE NOT IGBOS[/size]. Quote me anywhere,

Yes they bear Igbo names but don't understand Igbo language or culture. Lets get our facts right here.

my guy sharap there...ijebu man will talk about who is igbo?...why do Yoruba people want to put igbo people, language and culture in a box?

You think all igbo speak one dialect? Anuofia enwere ife e mara....

Ok ijebu is hausa, awori is pakistan, ota is indian and sagamu man is the only real Yoruba...eeediiot

Even here for yankee when we dey do our Anioma cultural day, agbor join....
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by igboboy1(m): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2012
alj harem:

Nope they do not speak yoruba or Igbo, Reason for saying is because I spoke to an Abgor man the other day and I spoke Igbo to him, he was angry and angryly told me he is not Igbo and should not disrespect him. So what should I do.

I told him he bears Igbo names but told me some bear Igbo names while others don't.

Yoruba people and their lies...since when do u speak igbo? kede onye kuzi gi otue ha na su igbo? Ngwa za'm....onye achi..

Anyway take a cue from my very able governor Eweta Uduaghan below in the link...this was his response to Ben Obi for not including delta state as part of the state to participate in Ojukwu's burial, see his response below....onyeara Yoruba man pachara anya gi o

The governor of Delta State felt slighted that they did not include him. So when they went to Asaba he said to them, I’m part of this, after all I have more than one third of Igbos as the population of my state. So he immediately made his own contribution.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/no-question-ojukwu-was-our-best-and-brightest-star-sen-obi/
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by waxdude: 9:08am On Apr 14, 2012
Ijogz K: OMG OMG OMFG................ Fowl yansh don open ohhhhh e be like Toto shocked
hehehehehehe.... U no well oh
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Esinwaju: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2012
Why the phuck are some people discussing tribe and language on a celebrity thread? Get your phucking selves over to the politics section where you guys sling your tribal muds!
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by waxdude: 11:34am On Apr 14, 2012
fili24: D'banj was the face of Mo'hits
Igbos are very greedy people,
If u do business with them
you do it at your own risk.
angry
fili24: D'banj was the face of Mo'hits
Igbos are very greedy people,
If u do business with them
you do it at your own risk.
i feel 4 u,wat dos igbo gat 2 do wit dbanj nd don jazzy wahala?..pple lik u nid deliverance cs if u read al tru u wont find anywhr dbanj made mention of don jazzy bn igbo dts why he did wateva it is dt he did..
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by ekwynwa: 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2012
basher:

That contract with kanye is pointless. The only person who will gain from it is kanye himself, as per the money they paid him. How u wan market dbanj for Yankee? He ain't no singer, he ain't got no great voice, and he ain't no Fela?! The guy na performer; novelty.

like this grin

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by ekwynwa: 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2012
Double194: Most of U under-estimate Don Jazzy. He produced a song for Fally Ipupa that nearly blew down rooftops. He produced a song (Under G) for SauceKid that won MTV song of the quarter year. He produced a song (free of charge) for The South African Choir for Nelson Mandela's B.day in London that won him a handshake with Nelson Mandela. He co-produced a song with Cobhams for the Headies Project that won him numerous awards. He has won Best Producer in Nigeria for 3 years consecutively. And U still think D'banj was the driving force behind MoHits. (Think again). Ever listened to the beats behind Pere by W.C.

+ 1000
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by OdinMacThor(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
This is looking more and more like a lovers' spat.
#JustSaying
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Donjay2(m): 7:27pm On Apr 14, 2012
Money is the root of all evil...

Personally I like Don Jazzy more than D banj, but from the story, it is obvious that DBanj contributed a lot to the growth of the Mohit's business empire, while Don Jazzy took charge of the music development, which is the foundation of their success. So it's really a partnership

My suggestion is that they choose a particular day as their official "divorce date" and all assets and liabilities earned before that day, be split 50-50.

Its the honourable thing to do, and they should forget about who bought what for who. It was all in the spirit of friendship, so I wonder why it should all be brought to ruins now... sad [/quote]
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sincerely, i think this argument is baseless...they are talented,fine, but who got more talents..Don jazzy...D'banj can't sing, and i will go with such argument anywhere in the world....Don jazzy is a bunch of talent, now the question is, how much is d'banj worth, and how much id don jazzy worth...d'banj knows himself, me no need talk....make we leave matter....when person don go mecca, him na forever alaji...na so don jazzy be....
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by kumbalo(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
WHEN 2FACE BROKE UP WITH KENNIS MUSIC, SOME TOT HE WOULD BE AT THE LOSING END. Dbanj is an established artist, he would do exploit alone. For don jazzy, he would become less popular because he doesn't have much production from other artist to his credit. i wish dem goodluck!
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Double194(m): 3:45am On Apr 15, 2012
For don jazzy, he would become less popular because he doesn't have much production from other artist to his credit. i wish dem goodluck! [/quote] You are very wrong about this. Don Jazzy doesn't produce for other artists cos according to him, he has no time. Imaine solo-running the production of 4/5 artists within a Record Label and You expect him to have spare time on his hands? For crying out loud, This dude won the best producer in Nigeria 3 times CONSECUTIVELY. (are U dumb.?!?)
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by peterherenow: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2012
I just want you say that.. No one knows the future. Don jazy might be the one that will suffer the most or it might be D'banj.I just wish they could just come back together as one, Most people on here comment about tribe behaviour ,you dont have to base it on tribe. the love of money is the root of all evil.this happen when mankind act stupid. D'banji is a good entertainer while Don Jazy is a good producer. both of them we will be fine even they split . One Love My people grin

1 Like

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by canadianlove(m): 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2012
If this story is true..den d.on jaz.zy na smooth operator oooo..
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by canadianlove(m): 2:02pm On Apr 15, 2012
If this story is true..den d.on jaz.zy na smooth operator oooo.. Make EFCC carry do.n pap.a jay..cos him be o.le , THIE.F!
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2012
Everyman dey find greener pasture,wat do any1 expect?...dey realy dnt need all dis drama..smh
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by davades(m): 7:27am On Apr 18, 2012
IykeD:

If I call you stu_pid, I will be doing injustice to stu_pid people.
Why do you have to mention a tribe in your foolish assertion. While I do not wish to be dragged into this matter but ave you asked yourself how D'Banj became relevant in the first place.
Who knew D'banj while in London before Don Jazzy took him in and formed a team with him. Go back to the days of "Tingolo" album and see for yourself.
Get your facts right before you open your filthy mouth and insult a whole tribe.

Do you know Don Jazzy either They r partners not that Don Jazzy took him in!!! So ti gbo (do u hear that)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WWE Legend, Dynamite Kid Dies Of Injuries / Tboss Looks Stunning In New Year Photoshoot (pics) / Habibat Jinad Rejects A Lesbian Fan’s Love. Leaks Chat On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.