Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Re: Prenuptial Agreement - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re: Prenuptial Agreement (1008 Views)

Do Prenuptial Agreements Work In Nigeria? / Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? / Prenuptial Agreements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prenuptial Agreement by numen(m): 8:53am On Nov 06, 2007
Prenup is very essential, especially in our society today. The rate at which we copy western culture is faster than the speed of life. Divorce, Seperation, Infidelity were all exacerbated by this. So for a wealthy person, be it a man or a woman, a prenup is essential to protect your hard earned wealth from undeserving people.

Whether we like it or not the number of gold diggers in our society has been on an exponential rise. People are saying "I Do" just because they are seeing the money. Men marry older rich women, women more often than not marry due to material benefits. The ratio of marriages based on materialsm to the marriages based on love is 15:1.

Please if you are a man or woman and you are wealthy make sure that your spouse signs a prenup. If they so much claim that they love you they should sign it and continue to love you(afterall Love knows no bounds). In most cases if the Breadwinner happens to exit this world b4 their spouses, the bulk of the wealth is usually willed to the spouse. Prenup is there to prevent exploitation of the Marriage Law, unecessary divorce/seperation, gold diggers etc. It is a private effective unconstitutional law, that is essential for the wealthy.

If you disagree with me, then like somebody wrote here "go and find a struggling person and build your life with them"

One Love
Re: Re: Prenuptial Agreement by BigBashiru: 2:51am On Feb 23, 2010
if i were to get married, the woman gets NOTHING in the pre-nupt agreement for any of my assets; is that allowed by law?
Re: Re: Prenuptial Agreement by rhymz(m): 3:10am On Feb 23, 2010
@Poster
Just like every other thing U ve mentioned,signing a Prenuptial agreement is as well foreign to us.Why bother to ve a pre-agreement into my marriage,cant we just keep what each person came into the marriage with.At least,if we eventually break up we will only ve to share what we both laboured for while we keep our initial holdings,shikina!
Re: Re: Prenuptial Agreement by coolier(f): 11:13am On Feb 24, 2010
Think positive. Think for better for worse. Think together for ever. Think till death do you part? By the way we came into the world with nothing, we leave with nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Searching For Father Discovers : It's Her Boss / Please Help My Marriage! / How To Keep Your Marriage Intact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.