Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Ocampo To Withdraw For Okonjo-iweala: Nl Haters Beware - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ocampo To Withdraw For Okonjo-iweala: Nl Haters Beware (533 Views)

Governors Demand For Okonjo-Iweala’s Resignation / Parcel Bomb For Okonjo-Iweala Dropped At Post-Office / N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ocampo To Withdraw For Okonjo-iweala: Nl Haters Beware by Alxmyr(m): 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
Former Colombian finance minister Jose Antonio Ocampo is set to withdraw his nomination for the World Bank presidency on Friday in an agreement among emerging and developing countries to coalesce around one nominee, three sources said.
Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala would remain as the sole candidate from developing nations in a race against U.S. nominee Jim Yong Kim, a Korean-American health expert who is seen as the favourite to win the race.
A straw poll among World Bank directors representing the Group of 11, which includes emerging countries and Australia, backed Okonjo-Iweala, the sources said.
Emerging market nations are seeking to challenge U.S. leadership at the bank to increase their influence in global economic institutions long controlled by rich nations.
While Kim is still the favourite to win the World Bank presidency because of his backing from the United States and European countries, a rigorous challenge from emerging market countries could put them in a stronger position to extract concessions favourable to their interests and also increase their odds of winning senior jobs in the future.
Earlier, Brazilian Finance Minister Guido Mantega said that the BRICS group of emerging market countries is likely to make a joint decision on who to support for the World Bank top post as soon as Friday.
Mantega told reporters the five countries were still discussing which candidate they would support. The BRICS group also includes Russia, India, China and South Africa.
Ocampo, who met with Mantega on Thursday, said developing nations wanted a single candidate to challenge Kim.

http://afrikandevelopment.net/developing-news-ocampo-to-withdraw-for-okonjoiweala-p150-1.htm
Re: Ocampo To Withdraw For Okonjo-iweala: Nl Haters Beware by Callotti: 3:12am On Apr 14, 2012
No problem. Neither one is gonna get it.
USA and USSR don vote for Kim.
Kim don offer NOI job for im kitchen for UN.
Case closed.
Now, go back to your own job. kiss

The BRICS group also includes Russia, India, China and South Africa.

China for Kim!
India for Kim!
South Africa for NOI!

Ocampo? My candidate. . .Phock Him! cheesy I mean 'for Kim'! grin

Russia don vote for Kim o!
NOI. . .please stay in Nigeria and LOOT! kiss
Re: Ocampo To Withdraw For Okonjo-iweala: Nl Haters Beware by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 14, 2012
Callotti: No problem. Neither one is gonna get it.
USA and USSR don vote for Kim.
Kim don offer NOI job for im kitchen for UN.
Case closed.
Now, go back to your own job. kiss

China for Kim!
India for Kim!
South Africa for NOI!

Ocampo? My candidate. . .Phock Him! cheesy I mean 'for Kim'! grin

Russia don vote for Kim o!
NOI. . .please stay in Nigeria and LOOT! kiss
Well said
Re: Ocampo To Withdraw For Okonjo-iweala: Nl Haters Beware by kokoA(m): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2012
NOI be wise and step dowm for the kim guy to o.. The way things are now, NOI going into the battle field is like super eagles hoping to win the world cup grin
Re: Ocampo To Withdraw For Okonjo-iweala: Nl Haters Beware by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 14, 2012
kokoA: NOI be wise and step dowm for the kim guy to o.. The way things are now, NOI going into the battle field is like super eagles hoping to win the world cup grin
She never had a chance my friend, pride is the stuff killing her. She simply can't bear the shame to step down.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking The Resource Curse: My View / NUJ, Set New Standard For Nigeria Electoral System – Princewill / JTF Kills 3 At A Boko Haram Member's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.