Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Whats With Women And Church Sef? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats With Women And Church Sef? (1043 Views)

Nigerian Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed / Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed In Nigeria / Obedience and church work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats With Women And Church Sef? by FlyboyZee: 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
I noticed with disdain how; many women including my wife, mother, sisters, female colleagues and friends will do or give anything to a pastor or church.

Recently, a female relation of mine gave her last money grudgingly as tithe in the church only to approach me to help her settle some bills. Was I mad? I had to admonish her that Tithe is not a Christian doctrine and that there is no point in depriving one's self of hard-earned money in the name of tithing, but, all she said is that God should have mercy on me and forgive me. I tried to take her through the Bible to see what God's idea for tithing was, but she refused after quoting the usual, Malachi 3. I then told her never to come to me for any form of assistance, if she can have enough money to take to Church as Tithe and will not have even food to eat. I told her off and that I'll not give her a dime of my money, let her go to the Pastor to help her out, since he promised her blessings after tithing.

Some days later, I was chatting with a businesswoman and the issue of tithe came up and I tried to let her know that Tithe is not a doctrine from Christ and that there are also many other things the so-called Pastors won't tell her and also that the Israelites were to pay their tithes only to priests from the house of Aaron. She was like WTF is wrong with you? Didn't you know My Pastor said this and My Pastor said that. I tried to take her through the Bible to make her see that most of the doctrines she thought are Christian doctrines are actually the machination of men that call themselves MOGs and she too was like the Devil is using you.

It got me thinking and I was like: What is it with women and religion sef?

I know very well there are bashers on Nairaland and a lot of people who don't think straight, I also know there are so much people that know their onions and are very knowledgeable and as such I look forward to all forms of answers but my major question is: Whats your take on the subject.
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by Goshen360(m): 8:34pm On Apr 15, 2012
Flyboy Zee: I noticed with disdain how; many women including my wife, mother, sisters, female colleagues and friends will do or give anything to a pastor or church.

Recently, [b]a female relation of mine gave her last money grudgingly as tithe in the church only to approach me to help her settle some bills. Was I mad? I had to admonish her that Tithe is not a Christian doctrine and that there is no point in depriving one's self of hard-earned money in the name of tithing, but, all she said is that God should have mercy on me and forgive me. I tried to take her through the Bible to see what God's idea for tithing was, but she refused after quoting the usual, Malachi 3. I then told her never to come to me for any form of assistance, if she can have enough money to take to Church as Tithe and will not have even food to eat. [/b]I told her off and that I'll not give her a dime of my money, let her go to the Pastor to help her out, since he promised her blessings after tithing.

grin grin grin Obviously, the windows of heaven is no more opening. Will you believe me if i tell you that some christians esp women fear these pastors more than they would fear God? Would you believe me? I can't stop laughing at the highlighted above. grin grin grin

Flyboy Zee:
Some days later, I was chatting with a businesswoman and the issue of tithe came up and I tried to let her know that Tithe is not a doctrine from Christ and that there are also many other things the so-called Pastors won't tell her and also that the Israelites were to pay their tithes only to priests from the house of Aaron. She was like WTF is wrong with you? Didn't you know My Pastor said this and My Pastor said that. I tried to take her through the Bible to make her see that most of the doctrines she thought are Christian doctrines are actually the machination of men that call themselves MOGs and she too was like the Devil is using you.

grin grin grin Just keeping opening their eyes. One day, they will come to the knowledge of the truth. It's usually like that when you tell them the first time but gradually, the will listen to you. Okay. Keep doing the work. I did same thing a a pastor friend who is an assisting pastor in RCCG and he was like WTF is wrong with me. I asked him to calm down that i will show him prove. I asked him, did Jesus ever taught tithe, he said NO. I asked him did the Apostles ever taught tithe? He said No. I now told him does he know you can even eat your tithe? He was like am crazy. I told him to calm down that i will show him from the bible. I gave him Deut 14:22-end, he will see it there you can eat your tithe. You see my brother, this is even an assisting pastor. He was just following what he had been taught and following it blindly without proof-checking his denominational teachings. God will break our people loose from the shackles of Mal 3:9-11 in Jesus' Name. My pastor say this, my pastor say that, lol grin grin grin
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by honeric01(m): 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2012
Flyboy Zee: I noticed with disdain how; many women including my wife, mother, sisters, female colleagues and friends will do or give anything to a pastor or church.

Recently, a female relation of mine gave her last money grudgingly as tithe in the church only to approach me to help her settle some bills. Was I mad? I had to admonish her that Tithe is not a Christian doctrine and that there is no point in depriving one's self of hard-earned money in the name of tithing, but, all she said is that God should have mercy on me and forgive me. I tried to take her through the Bible to see what God's idea for tithing was, but she refused after quoting the usual, Malachi 3. I then told her never to come to me for any form of assistance, if she can have enough money to take to Church as Tithe and will not have even food to eat. I told her off and that I'll not give her a dime of my money, let her go to the Pastor to help her out, since he promised her blessings after tithing.

It got me thinking and I was like: What is it with women and religion sef?

I know very well there are bashers on Nairaland and a lot of people who don't think straight, I also know there are so much people that know their onions and are very knowledgeable and as such I look forward to all forms of answers but my major question is: Whats your take on the subject.

You are on a fruitless journey.. just leave them at what they believe in while you do what you believe in.
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by Goshen360(m): 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
^^^
How do you expect him to leave them to believe whatever they believe after it is evident that they come to him to beg? He should open their eyes to the truth. Has God become a liar? When you tithe, windows of heaven opens and you won't have room to contain it but the opposite is the case here and you are telling him to leave them, that's unfair. If they had not come to him to beg, is a different issue.
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by honeric01(m): 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^
How do you expect him to leave them to believe whatever they believe after it is evident that they come to him to beg? He should open their eyes to the truth. Has God become a liar? When you tithe, windows of heaven opens and you won't have room to contain it but the opposite is the case here and you are telling him to leave them, that's unfair. If they had not come to him to beg, is a different issue.

You can only teach someone who wants to learn, they only listen to their pastors, so the only way is to leave them.

For them coming to ask for money, he should just direct them back to their pastors.
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by Goshen360(m): 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2012
^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin YOU ARE ON SPOT BRO. PRAISES TO YOU. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by LYNDDY(f): 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
well since u guys r all in agreemt dat JESUS didn't preach abt paying tithe.wat thn wld u make of "mark 12 v 17".though am not a regular tithe payer,bt can boldly talk of alot of pple who v bn blessd my doing so.the main purpose of paying tithe is only for financial breathru,does nt garranty salvation.
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by Goshen360(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2012
You need to apply mark 12:17 in its context. Kindly read it in its context,you will get what Jesus was talking about.
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by honeric01(m): 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2012
Goshen360: You need to apply mark 12:17 in its context. Kindly read it in its context,you will get what Jesus was talking about.

so she has to interpret it just the way her pastor always does the interpretation.. too bad most church goers rely on pastors to interpret words in the bible for them..
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by Goshen360(m): 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2012
That's not what am telling her o. I told her to read and apply it in context, she will understand what Jesus was talking about. I don't mean her to use it for tithe as the context was specific. I might not have typed well because am typing from my fone. Thanks bro.
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by honeric01(m): 12:04am On Apr 16, 2012
Goshen360: That's not what am telling her o. I told her to read and apply it in context, she will understand what Jesus was talking about. I don't mean her to use it for tithe as the context was specific. I might not have typed well because am typing from my fone. Thanks bro.

Whichever way, she still won't understand reading on her own, she needs to apply the pastor's interpretation.. this is just the gospel truth, Nigerian Christians are babies who needs to be bible-fed in ALL THINGS.
Re: Whats With Women And Church Sef? by Callotti: 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
Dont you know that 'husband' aka 'PROVIDER' and 'fruit of the womb' aka 'IZHUZZZ' are hard to come by these days?
The only thing God wants women to accomplish on Earth. . .like Ruby, Deborah, Sarah, Mary, Magdalene, Zipporah and all those 'SUBMITTERS' and 'FRUIT-BEARES' in the Lord!

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

(1) (Reply)

So I Hear All Hot Girls Attend Dr. Fireman's... / Alhaji Founded And Funded Church, Collects 'return' / Top 10 Benefits Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.