Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

The North That Southerners Don’t Know - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North That Southerners Don’t Know (20816 Views)

how jonathan a biafra built amalgamation tower of biafra/north that cause war / Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? / Is This The Developed North That Everyone Is Yapping About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
all4naija: If that is to be the truth why is the Muslim population more than the Christian's? in Nigeria
Do you have a proof to support this assertion?
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by lagcity(m): 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2012
afam4eva:

These is a cheeeky reason why it should be 40% christians. Note that majority of Kwara Yorubas are like aboki.

What ignorance. you know more about my state than I do? Have you ever been to Kwara b4? Or you are just regurgitating some trash you heard on Nairaland?

Every Yoruba state is about evenly split, Kwara is no exception.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 19, 2012
afam4eva:
Do you have a proof to support this assertion?
According to CIA fact book - 50% Muslim, 40% Christians and the remaining 10% indigenous beliefs, and all information online. All point out there are more Muslim population than Christian's.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by lagcity(m): 4:49am On Apr 19, 2012
^^^
guy forget that bogus stats. CIA is only saying what imcompewtent naija govt tell them.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 19, 2012
lagcity: ^^^
guy forget that bogus stats. CIA is only saying what imcompewtent naija govt tell them.
Okay,where are your reliable statistics? You must have evidences to prove your points before telling me to forget those sources.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 8:37am On Apr 19, 2012
all4naija: Okay,where are your reliable statistics? You must have evidences to prove your points before telling me to forget those sources.

No stats in Nigeria should be taking seriously because we know all of them are always marred with inconsistencies.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by tchrisjj: 11:38am On Apr 19, 2012
3direct: The writer is not from the north all the saying na lie
Before a diamond shows its brilliancy and prismatic colors it has to stand a good deal of cutting and smoothing
his dull shyness anger and envy of the west is making him witty!!
northerners Ke!! Compare? nibo,
From what i know every northerners is a Mootola!! Heavy Ofrugbe
If we increase the size of the penguin until it is the same height as a man and then compare the relative brain size, we know find that the penguin's brain is still smaller. But, and this is the point, it is larger than it was, so are my good neighbours the haramist the mootolas!
r u jealous dat d writer wrote very wl?shame on u.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by ishmael(m): 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
Who said northernes are not intelligent? Prof Iya Abubakar is a northerner and a reknown and notable mathematician in the world like prof Chike Obi. You can google it to see. Stop condeming them all. Some of the educated northerners are more intelligent than their southern mates. And who said we have more xtains in the southern than in the north? Most southerners whom u think are xtains are juju worshippers. There are more christains in some northern states than muslims. Go there and see for urself. To some extent we have more muslims in some south western states than in some northern states. The problem of the north is religious & political intolerance, and that is largely responsible for its backwardsness.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by dustydee: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2012
nanos:

This is correct; however the North had all the opportunity to be better than the south and they blew it. How could people who ruled the country no less than 37 of 52 years be poorer for it in a country where clanishness, nepotism and an ''our-own'' mentality reign supreme?
Are you suggesting that a leader should focus on his particular section of the country and neglect others? Nigeria still has a long way to go. No wonder people kill to have the president come from their part of the country. Good leadership should be the aim not sectionalism and tribalism.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by lagcity(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
ishmael: And who said we have more xtains in the southern than in the north? Most southerners whom u think are xtains are juju worshippers.

grin lol. a lil mix of cathechism and Okija never hurt nobody.

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by 3direct: 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2012
[b][/b][i][/i][/s][s][s][/s]
chux76:

You are such a terrible ASS-WIPE?..this thread was open for contributions from intelligent people not form milk-sucking kids like you. Have you ever left the bossom of your mummy?
I am a Deltan and I live in the North and I agree.although not totally with the OP but 95% of his write-up is very true. I can tell you a place in Borno state,where everybody thinks everyone there is a Muslim,there are families where they have both Xtains and Muslims,I mean a family of 5 could be divided into 3 Xtians and 2 Muslims or vice-versa and they live in harmony.
We recently attended a wedding in Mafa,Borno state where a Xtian business associate of mine got wedded to a Muslim woman,and I witnessed the most amazing thing ever,Something I never believed could happen in the core North.
In attendance of the wedding were many Muslim women and men,friends and relatives of the bride and groom and the women were all dressed in hijabs,and dancing happily to the events in church,I was left in utter amazement and had to come out of the church to read the signpost of the church,to really ascertain that I'm still in Nigeria and Borno state for that matter. I later got clarifications from the groom later on that most families had mixed religions amongst them and it has been like that for ages.
Another amazing thing was when he told me that since the beginning of the crises in the late 90's,there has been a strong directive never to sell any piece of land,no matter how small,to a Fulani settler,they could sell to any other tribe but not the Fulani's; The reason: they brew trouble(their opinion,not mine).
So Mr novice,it is better you just keep your lips glued and stay in your little haven than open your open and say things you know nothing about.
tchris jj: r u jealous dat d writer wrote very wl?shame on u.

Jealous of who? who? Aboki eating his poison banquet, wait let me attend to your rogue partner calling me name

Your reasoning actually dictate where you live, It is a great pity, umukoro that could be a head figure in delta is a mere figure head in core north with the haramist, now i c the mitigating factors. You ve been brainwashed!!!
How can you tell me they package frog in sardine, and you expect me to believe you, what you dont know is that, its impossible to make anything foolproof because haramist are so ingenious, the minority scholars can only try in the north, a mootoola is a mootoola even after undergoing facial surgery, dont compare it before with the after, I wont be surprise if you do, Heaviest ofrugbe !!!
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by megareal: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
alj harem:

I knew what i was talking about but just needed to time to get a link for it.

Ndoki people are found in abai, akwa0ibom and river but also bits in Imo and rivers

Which part of Akwa Ibom and what language do they use?
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Odunnu: 5:57am On Apr 20, 2012
How come i'm just seeing this thread? Jarus & OAM4J, you aint doing your jobs and i'm very angry with this!
@OP : You are correct. I find it extremely depressing too when I have to talk so much convincing people i'm a core aboki, southerners believe that we are all dark and skinny so when they 'jam' a very lightskinned, chubby and fat chic like me, they make a fool of themselves
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by dayokanu(m): 6:38am On Apr 20, 2012
Odunnu: How come i'm just seeing this thread? Jarus & OAM4J, you aint doing your jobs and i'm very angry with this!
@OP : You are correct. I find it extremely depressing too when I have to talk so much convincing people i'm a core aboki, southerners believe that we are all dark and skinny so when they 'jam' a very lightskinned, chubby and fat chic like me, they make a fool of themselves

When are you going to put your picture back on your profile Amaria
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by kokoA(m): 7:29am On Apr 20, 2012
My parents were civil servants so due to frequent transfers was oppurtuned to have lived and schooled in almost all the major geopolitical zones in Nigeria. I totally agree with the poster on this issue, it is so unfortunate that the very small percentage of religious extremists in north is giving the whole region a bad name. I have seen many families in the north that allow their children to practice whatever religion they want, I have seen many muslim men with christian wives (A perfect example was my professor in the university, a core muslim and hausa and his wife, a very strong christian and igbo. They have been married for 35years plus but still love each other like teenagers), there are so many other examples I can give to let people who care to be educated understand that the numbers of nice and open minded people in the is morethan 100 times the numbers of 'killers'. Educationaly, the northerners have lagged behind no doubt just as how Ebonyi state and some parts of the east have to, but I can say the number of educated northerners are very high to. Why it seems as if majority of them are uneducated is because it is the illiterate ones that marry many women and produce uncountable numbers of children, thereby increasing the population of the region's illiterates, also the rif-rafs that that go about killing people in the north during cises are similar to the area boys in Lagos bustops or Onitsha markets, the only difference is that they have been made vulnerable to extremists who pose as religious teachers. Having said all these, I think the problem with many Nigerians is exactly what miss. Chimamanda Adiche talked about on one of the TED talks series 'the single story' syndrome. We sit in the comfort of our zones and read or listen to only the negative reports from other zones. A trully educated man is one who questions everything with an understanding that their is a two face to every issue.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by BlackBaron: 12:54pm On Apr 20, 2012
Great thread. Most southerners have stereotypical views about Northerners as security guards, butchers, fundamental muslims et al It doesn't help that most often Northerners pique our interest, it's always as a result of religious riots or petty matters turning deadly. Also we never really got to know or mix with them at least down south. I could probably count on one hand the number of northerners I met while schooling and I think a few others may attest to that.

However over the past few years, I do gloss over infos, facts, demographics about northerners and learnt a few bits and pieces about the equestrian lifestle, their love of polo, durbans, interesting landscapes and more. Various ethnic groups; shuwa arabs, tuaregs, kamuku etc

More pics here http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1467315

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
all4naija: If that is to be the truth why is the Muslim population more than the Christian's in Nigeria?

help me ask am oooo.... the guy that start this topic doesn't know anything about what he is saying... i had post some fact on this before i think the guy wasn't happy with it or something and i cant find it again. go find things to do with your life instead of posting rubbish on nairaland
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
all4naija: If that is to be the truth why is the Muslim population more than the Christian's in Nigeria?
That's a lie from the pit of hell. How can Muslims be more than Christians when we did not conduct a religious census.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
Rivers state has ikwerres igbos izons(kalabari,okrika,bonny,opobo,aandoni),ogoni,eleme,ndonis,ogba(omoku) etc they are difFrent people though some have similar languages but they are diffrent people. We are not british even if we speak english, people who share a common tend to have alterations in their dialects and wif time people can loose their original dialects like agbor people in delta state who were originally from benin.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by cjrane: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
It does not matter if you are muslim or christian. Afterall, not all muslims are terrorists.
I do think southerners understand the north more than the northerners understand themselves nor southerners. The average northerner walks around with a feeling of entitlement, while the average southerner walks around with a feeling of hope in his hardwork.
The north of Nigeria has one of the most fertile soil in the world. Most food grown in Nigeria like cassava,yam,corn,sorghum, cotton, groundnut,onions,tomatoes,mellon etc grow fantastically in the north. Yet, drive from Maiduguri to kano, to Abuja and all you see is very poor villages with so much fallow land around them!!! They are sitting right there with fertile land that can make them so rich,but they are fighting for other peoples' oil and starving!!! Until the north understand that what would create wealth would be to develop her God given resources instead of inflating national vital statistics data in order to unfairly steal other region's resources, the north shall remain a poor and desolate place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anti-graft War: Depositors Evade BVN, Move Cash Out Of Banks / Okorocha, Wike, Danjuma Laah Reject Cattle Colonies!! / ‘Whistleblower’ accusing CBN governor of fraud sent to prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.