Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? (1486 Views)

10 Signs Your Child Is An Old Soul In A Young Body / If You Use These Back Then And You Are Still Single, What's Happening? / Fake Flashes From A Hired Photographer On Ur Wedding Day, Ur Reactions?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by meetmeonline: 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
Can you use a hired wedding gown on that day?

Can you use an old bouquet for it?

Will you accept to have your wedding reception in the premises of an old government school?

Will you say “yes I do” to a guy of only 26yrs who believes in early marriage but earns only N50,000 at the moment?

If he plans a “family-only” traditional wedding and a low-key church wedding (just to start this journey on time) will you go on with him?

Hi ladies, please air ONLY your “SINCERE VIEWS” on this…put your current condition and experience in finance, education, exposure, age and belief to test on the above and tell every one what you think

Hello guys, let the girls say their mind shhhhhhhh don’t blast anyone back please!
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by MissIfe(f): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
It all depends on the man. If he is truly my future husband, that we know each other well, that I am financially independent and we are both ready for marriage, if our families agree on it. Then money is not the main issue. Wedding is just a day, marriage is forever. As long as the necessary requirements for a happy and long lasting marriage are met, I don't care much about the wedding.
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by meetmeonline: 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
chaircover: Yes Yes and Yes and I put my money where my mouth is. I decorated my hall myself on the morning of my wedding and I did my nails so cheaply the day before that one fell off on the morning of the wedding LOL.

What happened was that I was so much in Love with my husband that I didnt want to wait a single minute more than necessary. I knew in my heart of hearts that he was the one for me & I wasnt really thinking about how much he had in his wallet at the time.

Having said all this; it depends on what you really want and a low key wedding is not for everybody. I didnt have any fairytale wedding dream scenario in my head whilst growing up and had attended only a few weddings before mine so I didnt have lots of wedding experience and to be honest I wasnt really bothered.

I wont lie, I sometimes attend these glamorous weddings and for a split second wish that I had a big carnival one too, but its just a split second thought and it vanishes almost immediately.

cry cry cry cry cry cry

BEFORE-GOD-WHO-MADE-ME! tears are rolling down my eyes as I write this. This is the biggest real "love-note" I have ever seen from someone writing just casually...Please, please and please I regret you are married now...give me contacts of any lady (you know) you have influenced or thinks just like you!...leave the rest...VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE!
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
meetmeonline:

cry cry cry cry cry cry

BEFORE-GOD-WHO-MADE-ME! tears are rolling down my eyes as I write this. This is the biggest real "love-note" I have ever seen from someone writing just casually...Please, please and please I regret you are married now...give me contacts of any lady (you know) you have influenced or thinks just like you!...leave the rest...VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE!

Cheap f'ucker
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by meetmeonline: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

Cheap f'ucker

I understand you want your wedding in a Bentley, I know you own a Duplex at Ikoyi, I believe you see everyone that thinks like me as a poor-slum-fckr...but I wouldn't be entirely wrong if I say you have not really made your own money...

You are

either inheriting wealth,

stealing it,

or do not have at all (just deceiving yourself)

be frank to your conscience, check your life and tell me if I'm wrong!

SORRY HOUSE....LET THE DISCUSSION CONTINUE
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by ifyalways(f): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
@OP,what happened to ya sweet single mom lover?1
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by taryour(f): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
meetmeonline:

Will you accept to have your wedding reception in the premises of an old government school?

Will you say “yes I do” to a guy of only 26yrs who believes in early marriage but earns only N50,000 at the moment?

If he plans a “family-only” traditional wedding and a low-key church wedding (just to start this journey on time) will you go on with him?

Hi ladies, please air ONLY your “SINCERE VIEWS” on this…put your current condition and experience in finance, education, exposure, age and belief to test on the above and tell every one what you think

Hello guys, let the girls say their mind shhhhhhhh don’t blast anyone back please!

capital YES to all d questions, as long as there is mutal love n understaning btwn d couples.eventhough d parents dont agree,d couples can convince then dats wot dey want. Lots of bride use rented gowns n grooms rent suit for thier wedding, personally i dont like church weddings cos i see it as waist of money spending so much on weding gown that would b worn only once.

Mine was registery,with d both parents n my sis(my hubby n i wore ankara). D traditional wedding took place 2months atfer n reception folllowed imediately after our traditional wedding. It was all fun n i av never n will never regret it. Its all about mutal understanding btwn couples.
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by greedie1(f): 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
If i love him and i know dat wit him lies my future and happiness, den i wouldn't mind having a morning mass wedding wit no reception, i wouldn't mind if my wedding ring is cheap silver, i wouldn't care wat ple ll say....id scream i do and live happily ever after, afterall, tins ll get better and i can always renew my vows nd mk d occasion as classic as i want it.

My point is, if i love him, den i dnt care abt d form of d wedding as long as der is a marriage. So, its yes to ur questions
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by Mowire: 10:16am On Apr 20, 2012
Gown&suit wearing, "white" wedding was,is and will forever remain a waste of money &time. Marriage is fully contracted, biblically&traditionally the moment ur parent hand you over to your husband, (and his family). That is the occassion Nigerian/African call engagement is the actual wedding.
Priest/Pastors are just impostors: they have no right, moral or spiritual, to join anyone other than their own daughters to anybody in marriage. GOD DID NOT SEND THEM THAT MESSAGE. Most of them don't even know this.
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by ifyalways(f): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2012
Mowire: Gown&suit wearing, "white" wedding was,is and will forever remain a waste of money &time. Marriage is fully contracted, biblically&traditionally the moment ur parent hand you over to your husband, (and his family). That is the occassion Nigerian/African call engagement is the actual wedding.
Priest/Pastors are just impostors: they have no right, moral or spiritual, to join anyone other than their own daughters to anybody in marriage. GOD DID NOT SEND THEM THAT MESSAGE. Most of them don't even know this.
Quoted for truth!!!
Its even more funny when people indulge in this very foreign and non-biblical(for christians) ceremony and then open their mouths wide to call the authentic marriage ceremony(traditional marriage) "unholy" and unrecognised by God.
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by ronkebp(f): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
i WANT TO SELL MY WEDDING GOWN....IT IS JUSTING SITTING IN MY WARDROBE, I PAID HANDSOMELY FOR THAT DRESS AND WILL BE WILLING TO SELL IT AT HALF THE PRICE I BOUGHT IT. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN DO WITH IT LATER INLIFE IF I DON'T SELL IT. AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY IT IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL DRESS. SO FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED, INDICATE YOUR INTEREST AND I WILL TELL YOU HOW WE CAN GET INTOUCH. I REALLY REALLY NEED TO SELL THE DRESS PLEASE....SOMEONE!!! ANYONE!!!! smiley
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by ronkebp(f): 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
meetmeonline:

My dear before marraige, i would have said No to all the questions, after the wedding, it is yes, was so angry that i spent so much money for 1 day.

- if you have money for a new dress, you can buy 1 if you don't, rent it, big deal....who will know you rented it.??smiley

- i don't know how expensive bouquet are, mine wasn't that expensive, i used the artificial ones, go to the market and select N50.00 worth of flowers, join them together and yeah!!! there you go!! you have a bouquet. smiley

- I paid a lot of money for the hall i used, all for what please use that school oooo and that is if you don't have money for a hall, even if you do, don't waste it. Get good decorators and nice chairs and canopies, you will be so surprised how everything will turn out well.

- Now do you work? your salary will compliment that of your husbands' to be, all you have to do is cut your coat according to your cloth and with time everything will ease out. Now if you don't have an income, i don't know how you both will survive with 50,000 naira. Well i guess some people don't earn up to that and still survive, it depends on how you want your future to look like. There is no rush in marraige, because you have the rest of your lives to spend together.
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by moremi2008(m): 1:56am On Apr 21, 2012
Why can't some men just call a spade a fcking spade? Why try to mask aromas of abject poverty with ridiculous appeals to love and sacrifice. Why are broke men always looking for an awoof bride? Why are you on Nairaland seeking cheap affirmations when your impoverished azz should be looking for a decent job to feed a wife and children? Who is paying your internet bill? You're not a serious man.
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 21, 2012
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by jaybee3(m): 7:42am On Apr 21, 2012
chaircover: Yes Yes and Yes and I put my money where my mouth is. I decorated my hall myself on the morning of my wedding and I did my nails so cheaply the day before that one fell off on the morning of the wedding LOL.

What happened was that I was so much in Love with my husband that I didnt want to wait a single minute more than necessary. I knew in my heart of hearts that he was the one for me & I wasnt really thinking about how much he had in his wallet at the time.

Having said all this; it depends on what you really want and a low key wedding is not for everybody. I didnt have any fairytale wedding dream scenario in my head whilst growing up and had attended only a few weddings before mine so I didnt have lots of wedding experience and to be honest I wasnt really bothered.

I wont lie, I sometimes attend these glamorous weddings and for a split second wish that I had a big carnival one too, but its just a split second thought and it vanishes almost immediately.
Did you go via the vegas route?
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by jaybee3(m): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2012
ronkebp: i WANT TO SELL MY WEDDING GOWN....IT IS JUSTING SITTING IN MY WARDROBE, I PAID HANDSOMELY FOR THAT DRESS AND WILL BE WILLING TO SELL IT AT HALF THE PRICE I BOUGHT IT. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN DO WITH IT LATER INLIFE IF I DON'T SELL IT. AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY IT IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL DRESS. SO FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED, INDICATE YOUR INTEREST AND I WILL TELL YOU HOW WE CAN GET INTOUCH. I REALLY REALLY NEED TO SELL THE DRESS PLEASE....SOMEONE!!! ANYONE!!!! smiley
Same dilemma my wife is facing. Told her not to waste money on something that will only be hung somewhere in the wardrobe but as you know women don't usually listen when it comes to things like that. Wasted investment i must say and as for my suit, let's just say i've pretty much used the money i paid for it
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 21, 2012
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by tasandra: 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2012
@ chair cover,u av spoken well smileyi think luv s more than, what ppl think its.
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by Omofranca(f): 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2012
I say ‘yes’ to practically all your questions. Only the bride need know if the gown is rented. Tell nosey pokers diplomatically that you’d rather not reveal the cost.[ I personally had mine made by a good local tailor. It looked like it cost N200,000 but it did not even cost up to N2,000 even with addition of tailor’s labour ].Most people don’t ask how much a bride’s gown cost anyway. Old bouquet however, no . Fresh flowers can be gotten cheap.

Yes, to reception in old govt. school. If you’re lucky enough to get a friend or family member to decorate for you, nobody will be able to tell when they look at your wedding pictures.
Yes to the 26 year old earning 50,000. He is even rich. I married a student. How we survived the early years remains between the two of us and the two of us only.

Yes, yes, to a family only traditional wedding and a low key church wedding. A very big lavish pocket draining wedding does not guarantee your happiness afterwards. A few years down the line, your guests will not even remember what you wore, how many VIP’s were present or how much or number of courses that they ate at your wedding.

Finally, no true man will ever in the years following, fail to appreciate the woman who made sacrifices so that they could get married. ‘TREMITES’ will agree with me that Bishop Mike Okonkwo often fondly talks about how he and his wife got married in a ‘pako’ (wood) church. That man values his wife and look how solid and stable their marriage has turned out. Examples of such happy marriages with ‘little’ beginnings abound.
Re: Can You Use A Hired Wedding Gown And An Old Bouquet During Your Wedding? by moremi2008(m): 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
chaircover: Moremi this is why so many people miss the "right one"

Apart from those born with a silver spoon in their mouth and a few people who managed to land a cushy job, how many batchelors are "rich"?

The poster earning 50K today can earn 500K in the next couple of years. Yes my husband was "broke" (Moremis word) when he met me and I was an awoof bride grin but today nko? I wouldnt have chosen anyone else for all the money in the world. BTW he wasnt even earning 50K when we tied the knot LOL.

You under estimate the advantages of marriage. Two good heads are better than one and when there is love and harmony, you will find that both parties progress in leaps and bounds in all other areas of their lives. You walk with a spring in your step and reach great heights when there are two of you aiming and supporting each other for the same goal.

Aunty CC, your case is different. You're a pretty sharp lady and I am sure you already saw the potential in your husband when you married him. I know a few women who made a decision like this. For example, my cousin married her husband when he was between jobs (he was a laid-off banker) and their wedding was very simple by most standards. However, she had full faith that her husband was going to find another job; she saw the potential and that is exactly what happened. Ditto for my best friend (she married a really smart doctor that decided to answer God's call to become a pastor).

Having said this, there are way too many unserious, poor men who go about deceiving ladies to marry into abject poverty. We shouldn't allow exceptions become the rule. If you're making 50k a year, you probably shouldn't be looking for a wife (you should be looking for a new job). Just my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help? Very Urgent / confused help / ....)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.