Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? (8477 Views)

Gani Adams Collected N10.6b From Jonathan; EFCC Should Probe Him - OPC Leaders / Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable / The Nigerian Judicial System And Human Rights : Your Summary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by desthan(m): 10:41am On Apr 19, 2012
Kayday: Look, u a considered to be insane if u u are not corrupt in nigeria. What ibori did is the what all of them are doing as we speak. Have u heard any official response? They cant talk. Who will bell the cat? They dont feel threatened either.
Kayday: Look, u a considered to be insane if u u are not corrupt in nigeria. What ibori did is the what all of them are doing as we speak. Have u heard any official response? They cant talk. Who will bell the cat? They dont feel threatened either.

True talk. . . .
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
stronger9: shame on the delta state judge that acquited ibori of more than 100 counts of money laundering and corruption IN NIGERIA. shame on incompetent EFCC. shame on the system called nigeria that vindicates the guilty [color=#006600][/color]and destroys the innocent. SHAME, SHAME

The Judge's name is Awokulehin or however they spell it. Shame on him. Shame on the judges that discharged Bankole, Akingbola and Elumelu. Those men were soooo guilty. I wonder if they think money can buy life.
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by tiarabubu: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2012
I remember that in the not too recent past a Magistrate did say that Ibori was an ex-convict. The poor man was harassed to no end. Even the Court Registrar that corroborated the account was not spared of the stress.

Also, prior to the governorship election of 2003, others raised the alarm about Ibori but he was sheilded BY THE COURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have been vindicated today.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200303250432.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/200303250533.html

Justice for the highest bidder (Remember Peter Odili was granted a PERPETUAL INJUCTION against arrest and persecution by a Nigerian Court!)

Others waiting for their faith include; Orji Kalu, Jolly Nyame, Boni Haruna, Bafarawa, Saminu Turaki etc etc
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by Olaolufred(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
High_Chief: Its really shameful, the worst is that no government official has made any public speech on that. No hope for naija
They are sorrowful of the calamity that befell thier partner in crime.
The Issue more pressing to them is how to get second term in 2015.
Do not mention Boko Haram- that is nothing to be worried about.
Jonathan and his co-rogues are mourning their fallen hero.
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by Olaolufred(m): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
kholis: Tell me how Ngozi could have won, when she is from this type of corrupt country.

Tell Iweala's fan to stop day-dreaming.
They thought the outer world are blind.
But I know they will always prove their mettle when decision time beckons.
Failed Nation presenting failed candidate to loot the whole world.
The greatest scammers,swindlers are here and most celebrated in govt houses.
Indeed, they will all reap the ripple effect of their actions.
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by Olaolufred(m): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2012
ypzilanti: shey d money was stolen from delta state? Where is d official response? I remember uduaghan did thanksgiving for him after our judiciary cleared him in nigeria.
And a useless man in Collar will preach in that same thanksgiving service.
He would speak in tongue as if sinners can't do it.
Judgement still lures.
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by Cleverley(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
Our judicial system are all political influenced. They turn white into red just to be enrished by our corrupt leaders. Efcc, judicial has limitations caused by our so called constitution dat excessively protect dis looters with immunity. What a Shame!
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by jawjaw1: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2012
Pls I get tired of hearing u guys saying shame on these people because in reality dis guys have no shame. Shame as a feeling does not affect dem anymore.
The only thing dat will give me joy is to ‘ dat Judge dat acquitted him put on trial and also all those security agents who cleared him to run for governor in 2003.
PDP itself as a party need to disown Ibori as a theif who has disgraced dem or dey simply accept dat that dey are all doing d same thing Ibori did.
We really need to get serious in Nigeria about governance and its responsiblities.
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by victorazy(m): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
O Ibori, I remembered the day you called me a week before ur arrest.
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by nairakobo1: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2012
Blazay: Shame on the Nigerian Judiciary system or lack thereof.
Ibori is blameless.
Nigeria breeds peiple like him. kiss
yes i agree with you, the system in Nigeria cannot but breed his kind. There are many of them out there and to be fair to Ibori, he is'nt even the worse, but it seems as if the way our people view these crimes; it's 'thou shall not be cought'
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by egift(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2012
Very shameful
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by hane(m): 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2012
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by ORIGINALMAN: 8:10am On Apr 21, 2012
I BEG TO DISAGREE THAT- THE CONVICTION OF JAMES IBORI IN UK COURT IS A DISGRACE TO NIGERIANS. IT IS A DISGRACE TO THE JUDICIARY AND THE EFCC IN PARTICULAR. BUT BY THE WAY, HOW DO YOU THINK THAT THE NIGERIAN COURT WILL CONVICT HIM, WHEN THEY HAVE GOTTEN SOME %AGE OF THE LOOT?
THANKS TO OUR FORMER COLONIAL MASTER,HOW HAS, AND STILL CONTINUE TEACHING US HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. AND I SUGGEST , IN FUTURE INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE LIKE THAT JAMES SHOULD BE TAKEN TO EXTERNAL COURTS FOR PROPER JUDGMENT.WHERE THEY WILL NOT GET CHANCE AND OPPORTUNITY TO THROW THEIR WEIGHT LEFT AND RIGHT,HERE AND THERE.
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by ORIGINALMAN: 8:24am On Apr 21, 2012
EVEN THAT JUSTICE MARCEL AWOKULEHIN AND EFCC HAS MANY QUESTIONS TO ANSWER ON THE CASE OF THIS JAMES IBORI ISSUE. BUT ANOTHER QUESTION IS---WHO WILL QUESTION THEM? WHO WILL BELL THE CAT? so ask the rats.
Re: James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? by honestman(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2012
I will assume this man didnt act alone. He probably have some links within and outside Nigeria! who are those??

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP In Early Lead In Ebonyi - Vanguard / Osinbajo: Government Is Open To New, Creative Ideas In Growing Nigeria’s Economy / Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.