Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Fabregas Vs Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fabregas Vs Ronaldo (2098 Views)

Messi vs ronaldo: International sportnews / Messi Vs Ronaldo In 2013 " Stats Dont Lie" / Pele Vs Maradona Vs Zidane Vs Ronaldo Luis Vs Ronaldinho Vs Messi Vs CR7 Vs J.j (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by Zebedee(m): 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2007
pls i need ur votes and opinion. between Fabregas and Ronaldo, which of them looks like setting european football on fire in the nearest future?

make una talk ooooooooo
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2007
If it is the great C. Ronaldo, then there is just no basis for comparism with a fringe player like Fabregas. I think you are referring to Ronaldo de Lima in his current form and not the portuguese wonder!
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by folahann(m): 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2007
you don't mean it.
No comparism here
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by A40(m): 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2007
Which Ronaldo? probably C i assume.I prefer my boy Cesc
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by eleshin(m): 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2007
why would you compare almighty c ronaldo with young shall grow cesc fabregas,it is do much degradation stop it!
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by samix(m): 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2007
if u break down fabregas u will see essential qualities needed in a footballer
FAB ----fabulous
GAS----- too much energy
small but mighty
i go with moi boy
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by babaife(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2007
How can you compare a Cesc with Cee. Cesc is a player that the whole world wants to see. in his first year in charge of the ARSENAL MIDFIELD, i saw him dwarf the likes of ZIDANE (watch Arsenal Vs Real Madrid 2005/06 champoins league), Patrick Viera (Arsenal vs Juventus), Ronaldinho (Arsenal Vs Barcelona), Paul Scholes (Arsenal Vs Man U 2006/07 premiership), steven gerrad (arsenal vs liverpool, premiership 2006/07, carling cup 2006/07, FA cup 2006/07) ballack, lampard, makelele (arsenal vs chelsea 2006/07 premiership, carling cup final 2006/07).

in his third season in charge, GERRAD has this to say about him: "the oyster is at his feet". Arsene said of him: "he is in the mould of the GREAT PAUL SCHOLES" of old. Benitez Raf describe him as "a wonder boy, playing the best footbal of his life". ARENAL FANS WORLD WIDE found to specific name for him. hear them

Fabregas---- fabregoal
Fabregas----- Fabulous
Fabregas------ fantastic
Fabregas-------Fabregreat
Fabregas------fabreGUND
Fabgregas------FabreSkill

i can go on and on. It is ridiculous that he could be compared with a player that lives right in the pocket of GAEL CLICHY.
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by mayordee(m): 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2007
fabregas of course,he is a complete player not like ronaldo,u only see ronaldo when man utd are playing teams like sunderland,derby, watford.
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by A40(m): 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2007
eleshin:

why would you compare almighty c ronaldo with young shall grow cesc fabregas,it is do much degradation stop it!

Bobo you are not current Fabregas is a man already!
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by Ifeniyi22(m): 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2007
@mayordee
I agree with you
I'll give it to Cesc Fabregas, that young man controls the midfield like a general REGARDLESS of what the opposition is like.C.Ronaldo is not all that consistent this season.
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by jgirl3: 6:59am On Nov 11, 2007
Fabregas is good - no doubt.

But I think that C. Ronaldo oozes with greatness. That guy can play a game all by himself - he knows how to carry the ball from one end to the other.
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by folahann(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2007
You know when Ronaldo plays against big teams.
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by mystikal(m): 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2007
Both players are good!

cesc is a complete player, matured, team player

c. ronaldo is more fancy.

I'd prefer a cesc in my team to ronnie
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by 9ja4eva: 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2007
ronaldo
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by A40(m): 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2007
Dat Boi Cesc
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by 9ja4eva: 10:15am On Nov 15, 2007
Ronaldo
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 15, 2007
I guess a blue fan can comment on this issue?

Fabregas is a great player, he always find a way
out no matter how tough their opponent may be.
But for Ronaldo, Man-mark him and he is done.
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 15, 2007
Why do you think Barcelona's Coach
wants the lad (Fabregas) back?
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by kolsrah(m): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2007
FABRE-EVRYTHING
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by bgees(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2007
Fabregas.
He is a more purposeful.to him fancy footwork are secondary.he respects his opponents.we knew he was going to be great,in d under 17 world cup of 2003,he emergd d highest goal scorer from midfield.
There is more.he doesnt hug d sidelines.he is a big game player.he stands up and be countd when it comes to big matches.take your mind back to d matches arsenal playd wit d rest of d big four,fabregas was always a major determiner.also look at d role he plays,d central midfield which is unarguably d most dangerous position.
I wont waste time about d lowly ronaldo.
Simply put:fabregas is a stand -up player,ronaldo is not.
Fabregas has won more midfield battles.
Where was ronaldo in d following matches:
fa cup final.
Man utd vs arsenal(last season)
uefa champ league semi final aka d milan disaster.
Fabregas is 8000 miles ahead of ronaldo.
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by nightrider: 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2007
Cristiano Ronaldo is great. He can turn in the style and win games. Scores fantastic goals too. But he gets marked outby good midfielders or defenders. Against Arsenal last season- Eboue turned him into a schoolboy footballer. He made ronaldo look so ordinary ferfuson had to move ronaldo to face clichy and not eboue against arsenal this season.
against milan, what gattuso did to him was legendary. and against chelsea you never see ronaldo. but great player anyway against smaller teams.

Fabregas on the other hand, not as flashy as ronaldo. but a much better and more rounded footballer. Controls the midfield like a General. He passes are amazing. He's found he's scoring boots and never really gets marked out. He's controlled midfield against greats like Zidane , viera etc and made them look like school boys. Even against barcelona in the champions league final he eliminated an in form ronaldinho. As soon as wenger pulled him out. Barcelona over ran the arsenals midfield.

so on a whole- Fabregas i would pick two heads over ronaldo.
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by Jackal(m): 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ nightrider,

I cannot believe u still talk through your ass after 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabregas and Ronaldo? Dont even go there at all.
First all, they don't play in the same position . . . .Ronaldo plays on the wing where he cannot control the game.
He needs accurate passes of players like Scholes/Carrick to get going which is not the same as Fabregas who dictates the game play.
For a proper comparison . . . . .lets compare Fabregas to Paul Scholes maybe we can then have a proper discussion.
Whoever plays in the middle of the pack will have the advantage of possession as all the moves go through him.
Examples are Gerrard, Essien, Lampard, Scholes and even Zokora . . . .If they don't play well . . . .a team will struggle.

On the other hand . . .
If we are to compare the 2 of them in the skills they possess . . . .Ronaldo is 30000000 miles better and sharper than Fabregas.
I have ma reasons . . . . .

Pace . . . .Ronaldo will outrun Fabregas in a 2 metre race not to talk of 100 metres.
Shots . . Ronaldo has more deadly shots than any player in Arsenal. He has 36 shots(highest) on goal this season despite playing fewer league games.
Aerial ability . . . .Ronaldo's aerial prowess is the best in the Premiership for a striker/midfieder . . .Only Terry and Vidic are better than him.
Dribbling . . . . . .Dont even go there . . . .He is the best on the planet. I can remember how he disgraced Ashley Cole at OT when he was just 18!!!
Goal senseĀ  . . . . . Fabregas is coming up but Ronaldo still has a better goal ratio than him this season.
Utility . . . Ronaldo has 2 great feet, can play as a left/right winger and a striker . . . . .Cesc can only play in one spot.

Lastly, i am bored and tired of Arsenal fans saying Ronaldo gets missing in big matches.
This is more of a pub gist than reality . . . . .just like its deceptive when Arsenal fans say their team is young.
Fabregas gets missing in matches more than Ronaldo . . . . .Where was Cesc when Chelsea defeated Arsenal in the Carling cup?
Cesc was missing when PSV came to the Emirates and eliminated Arsenal in UEFA Champions league.
Fabregas was also missing when Scholes neutralised him in 2005/06 both at Highbury and at OT when Rooney and JS Park got the 2 goals.

Ronaldo got better of Gattuso at OT when they clashed last season . . . .He had a bad game at San Siro and was due to fatigue.
AC Milan rested all their players prior that game but Ronaldo and all the Man Utd players were on show in the weekend before the game.
Ronaldo was outstanding against Roma and he bagged 2 goals with several assists . . . .He was outstanding against Arsenal on 3/11.
His crosses caused problems all day and he even got a goal to wrap up a professional performance against the gunners.
Ronaldo is world class . . . . .Cesc is just starting . . . .I hope he doesnt fade off like Reyes or Ljunberg.
Y'all need to take your eyes off club footie once in a while and watch Ronaldo when he plays for Portugal and how he has justified his status.
he has come against tougher defenders in Portugese shirt and triumphed so stop this fuckery about Milan and Eboue. Eboue ma ass!!!!!!

In conclusion . . . . .I will rather have a Ronaldo that can play in 3 positions than a static Cesc who can only play as a central midfielder.
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by A40(m): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2007
@Jackal
Between you and Loyika i dont know who makes longer posts these days.Fab and Scholes? why dont you try Figo and C.Ronaldo that comparison is too ambiguous

Me i prefer my boi Cesc sha.Cesc plays with both feets and orchestrates the game he can change it with one sublime pass.He is the Jason Kidd of the premiership
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by Jackal(m): 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ A-40,

Cesc orchestrates because of the position he plays. . . .
C'mon . . . . .Ronaldo does not play in the heart of the pitch . . . .he plays on the wings . . . .its different.
They cannot be compared in that aspect . . . Its like me saying i prefer Ronaldo because he makes good crosses into the box. tongue tongue tongue

However, based on football skills both of em possess . . . .Ronaldo is on top by 10000000000000000 miles.
Aerial prowess, pace, stealth, dribbles, ball control, goal sense, hot shots . . . .
He is the best player on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by A40(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2007
@Jackal
Yeah right!! Thank God Fifa and the folks that give the Balon D'Or dont agree with you
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by PDF: 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2007
The fans of these two will surely give it to their players. Definitely!

But the fact still remains that they can't be compared. As much as Cee wont do better that Cesc in the central midfield, so also Cesc wont play better in the wings compared to Cee. So Mr. Poster, u can do a better job by comparing players that play d same role on the pitch.

Imagine comparing Ronaldo (brazil) with Zidane lipsrsealed
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by 9ja4eva: 7:53am On Nov 22, 2007
Ronaldo
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by subi: 11:06am On Nov 22, 2007
Hey poster and all of you responding, Cant you see there is no way u can compare both players, They arent playing the same role and you gooners fans supporting ur player and also U Man U fan. Lets face the fact here Ronlado play from the wing and cesc play in the middle. Moreover to me Ronaldo does more work than Cesc cos playing from the wing is not an easy thing compare to playing in the middle. And saying Ronaldo doesnt perform that much against the big team, U are a joke, cant you see the way is bn marked, 2-3 players marking 1 player, why?? Cos they know they damage he can cause, So Poster why dont you start by comparing Cesc with his mate like ANDERSON then we will all know he worth it or compare him with Lampard or Carrick
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by Banderas(m): 11:09am On Nov 22, 2007
I tell you what guys, imagine a team with both Cesc and C.Ronaldo playing! Dynamite!!
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by klemofem(m): 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2007
fabregas is the main man, we all know it. no sentimental
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by akinalabi(m): 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2007
I can't believe people are comparing the two.

Club loyalty aside, ask any neutral anywhere
in the world who is greater.

Who is the current player of the season?

Who is getting nominated for European player
of the year?

Come on guys.

This is like comparing sleep with death!

Akin Alabi
Re: Fabregas Vs Ronaldo by A40(m): 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2007
It doesnt mean he is gonna win it.I think its like two parralel lines that will never meet a utd fan will say ronaldo is better and an ARSENAL fan will say CESC is better

(1) (Reply)

Bid For Chicago 2016: And Obama Was Humbled / A Guy Who Doesn't Watch Football / Afro Champs : D'tigers Beat Cameroun 106-91 To Reach Semi-finals-see Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.