Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,567 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! (2283 Views)

Kia Picanto 2007 (Black) @580k / ###########clean Registered 2010 Kia Picanto.......price 680k negotiable / 2009 Nija Used Kia Picanto For #400k Last SOLD SOLD SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! by xpensiv: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
Hi,

Pls I gave my Kia picanto to my friend, he was driving and he said the battery terminals touched the bonnet and the car tripped off!
The car has since then refuse to start! It rolls when you try start it, but just doesnt start, mechanics have been saying different stories!!!

Any ideas house Pls embarassed
Re: My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! by davidhoop: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2012
i suggest u scan ur car to determine the problem. but from ur narration, d brainbox may be fried. but dont quote me, sacn d can
Re: My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! by Ikenna351(m): 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
If really the ECU has been fried, then, the ECU wont through any code, since its dead. But who knows, you might be that lucky with the ECU still intact. But how on Earth would someone made the battery terminal heads to touch the bonnet?

Ikenna.
Re: My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! by davidhoop: 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
like i advised, scan d car, if d brainbox can b accessed then it has been fried. kia picanto is a tightly built car and the plastic terminal protector for yours were absent thereby exposing it to a short circuit. if you come out of this, i suggest you use a condemned tube as an insulator for your terminals
Re: My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! by xpensiv: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2012
Thanks y'all,,, but can a car that doesnt start be scanned?? undecided
Also, is there anyway I can be sure that the brain box is gone?
Re: My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! by Cargoed: 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
Yes you can scan a car that does not start. The ignition should be on NO2 the dash lights will show then the scanning will begin. We sell scanners that work with your Laptop for N20K last contact Mr Paul 0706 357 8028.

There is a short in the circuit, which may be a blown fuse get your electrician to check very well, after you have done an independent scan of the vehicle thanks
Re: My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! by maxwellkia: 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
the brain box is gone bad.if u want proofs i can get a working brain box from another kia picanto and fix to ur car.its gonna start up immediately.dat way u,ll be sure ur brain box is gone bad,maxwell.08081534908 is my mobile i can help u get another ECu
Re: My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! by bigx(m): 12:23am On Apr 19, 2012
First inspect all your fuses visually, I'd an issue once with my car where the engine was turning too without starting, it turned out that one of the wires to the fuel pump was worn out, which made it touch the metal casing of the car and short the fuse.
I would have ended up wasting unnecesary money if I'dnt first checked the fuses.
Re: My Kia Picanto Is Acting Up. Please Help! by xpensiv: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2012
Thank u all, I'm finding all the opinions vry useful,

maxwellkia: the brain box is gone bad.if u want proofs i can get a working brain box from another kia picanto and fix to ur car.its gonna start up immediately.dat way u,ll be sure ur brain box is gone bad,maxwell.08081534908 is my mobile i can help u get another ECu

I have tried the brain box from the twin picanto (cos two were bought at the sametime) but it still didnt start!!
I think the best option will be to scan it, since y'all said it can be scanned without the engine starting.
Thanks a lot fellow nairalanders

If anyone still has anymore useful ideas, they're highly welcome!

(1) (Reply)

Just Arrived An Extremely Clean pimped out Infiniti FX45 For Sale / Lovely Offer... Nissan Almera Tino 2006 Model For 550k Only @AUTOCEJIKON MOTORS / SOLD! Tokunbo 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.