Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Issues In My Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Issues In My Marriage (24948 Views)

Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / I Am Very Unhappy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Issues In My Marriage by Outstrip(f): 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2012
luckgames:

The dude is sick
But who was first to throw blow

I don't think he hit her but he was aggressive and that is where it starts. For most men protecting their women is what comes naturally. If a woman attacks a man then she should not cry foul but I know most men would not hit their wives back especially if it is one off thing. They find other ways to punish her. The same thing I tell women if a man gets agressive with you (maybe shoving or whatever) don't let him off the hook. He will have to have consequences. The worst part is doing it in the presence of his family. That man has opened a can of worms. His family will deal with him he just does not know it yet. How many times has he gone to his brother in laws car and driven his car. He probably would not dare and if his brother in law goes off I am sure he will quickly apologize. Men might not care too much about the pot of soup but things like their cars or their elctronics would be serious issues
Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I have a question for the guys and I hope you answer sincerely. . .How would you react if your wife's younger brother comes to your house, not greet you or acknowledge your presence, I mean giving you serious attitude, after all the house belongs to his sister too. Ten mins later, you hear a car starting and before you can say Jack Robinson he has driven away with your car without asking permission.

Please be honest and don't say it is not the same thing. . .we've already established that this is about being territorial.

There is no way the Sister would come into the house without greeting the wife and just jump into the pot. let the OP come back and swear that was what happened.

There are issues with territries but if you push your hand on territorial issues too far You would get yourself on the OP situation.

With guys I am sure such situations would never happen, Guys are not as territorial as women, In girls hostel you would see girls demarcating the room in all such disgusting manner while 13 guys would simply get along on 4 beds and the floor

At some time in school I had a bed but never slept on it for like 3months and never complained but with women If someone puts a drop of water on their carpet its the Police that would settle it.

WHY IS IT THAT ITS WIVES WHO USUALLY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH INLAWS NOT HUSBANDS.

If my brother in law for whatever reason should drive my car without telling me, Surely I won't yell on him.

1 Like

Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2012
BABE!:

She didn't fight them; according to her post. She only called them to tell them what they did was very idiotic.

Take a look at Sisi_kill's scenario. What sort of uncivilized behavior is that?

The sister in-law didn't necessary have to go her and say "m'aam, I observed that you're done cooking. May I please have a portion of your nicely prepared soup?"

The SIL could have gone to the kitchen while OP was cooking and jovially said "Haaaa.. there's no way I'm not finishing that food. Better start preparing another round for your husband and yourself. It smells so good! Chei My brother is lucky".

I'm sure the SIL just dashed into the kitchen frowning, with an attitude, and mounted a hip of goat meat on her plate. See ehn, the problem here is not the food. It's common courtesy. The relationship you have with a person determines the kind access you'll have to the person's things.

You can't be giving me serious attitude all they long and jump at my food. You no get shame? grin Which kind shameless behavior be that?

Some people need to be put in there place, and apparently the husband is no where near putting his sister(s) in check.

The thing is the situation didnt start from the food, The wife and sister have been having issues before which possibly stems from the wife being too overbearing?

No one would come to your house and go stright to the pot of Soup,

And I am sure you know the manner which the "Call to tell her" was done. It was done to the extent that the SIL stopped eating in the house, That should tell you that that was no ordinary "Calling to tell" like she wanted us to believe

If you go to your brothers house and go serve yourself food Maybe thinking everyone has taken theirs or the Wife wasnt around to inform her, 30mins later the Wife comes and gives you a dressing down over mere food.

The wife's post reek of "This is my territory" too much and that was what drove the husband against her. And now all the family
Re: Issues In My Marriage by 2mch(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
Please when did personal property now become synonymous with food? Which was cooked for the house? a house in which the inlaws were staying in at the moment? Food that the brother most likely paid for? Lets compare apples with apples. If the sister in law entered the kitchen to cook for herself another problem abi? cool cool cool. Crazy OP. Is something that can spoil or replaceable worth spoiling your relationship with family? i pity you OP. Get yourself in the situation where his family hates you first, and see yourself packing out very soon.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2012
debby999: Dear married women and men,pls I need your advice on this issue. I just had a baby boy and still on recovery, my sister inlaw came and Since then my peaceful home has turn to war zone. As am writting this I feel like runing away with my little boy.This lady has never talked to me since she came into the house.she is type that does my "brother's house I don't send anybody".Big war started the day I finished cooking and was about dishing food this lady went to pot and started taking her own. After she finished the eating, I called her and explain to her as I should to my younger ones, that it was not right for her to take the food I just finished cooking without letting me knw. Most times they will take all the meat in the food. The next day my husband called me that her siSter reported me to him. So I told him and he to said it was right. I didn't knw they have tabled the matter with their other sisters and all of them called me and saying I must allow their sis. To go the pot anything anytime she wants which I refused,she was just calling me names. I was suprised when she said my husband supported that the lady should be allowed. My husband came in I told him all that happened,he couldn't stand on his ground to defened his wife infront of his sisters. I felt unprotected. The last one that happened that made me write this was the day my husband brought up dat issue again,bcose he noticed his sister has not been eaten the food in the house. He said I have to treat his sisters with care and piortity and if I don't treat them dat way, bcose a always insist on the right thing, dat anything I see I should take.I told him since you cannot give me protection I have to let my parents knw about incase anything happens to me.called my parents to let them. My baby started crying I bathed him and gave him the baby so I can prepare his food. On bringing the food to feed him,my husband pushed me out, took the food frm me and gave his sister to feed him. Carried me up and threw me on the bed, my hand hit the wardrobe, I was carrying. I dressed up to get a recharge card to let my people knw, he carried me up again and threw me on thE bed. I have to sneaked out late at night when he was sleeping. I called them and I was scared to go back again, I remebered my baby I had to go back. When I got back he has gone out to look for me, I opend my room to sleep, I found his sisters sleeping on my bed, I left them and slept on the couch. I asked the little girl he said my husband told them to sleep there. Am no longer feel protected with him. Since he can humulaite his wife in the presence of his sisters. Waiting for advice. Sorry for the errors, typed it in hurry so I can attend to my baby. ThAnks all.
The storyline has this 'true' touch even though I'm finding it difficult to believe.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
2mch: Please when did personal property now become synonymous with food? Which was cooked for the house? a house in which the inlaws were staying in at the moment? Food that the brother most likely paid for? Lets compare apples with apples. If the sister in law entered the kitchen to cook for herself another problem abi? cool cool cool. Crazy OP.

The sister went to take food and she rained all the vile words on her, now the sister refused to eat from the house again and now its a problem

How many ppl wld continue eating in that house given the same situation, if I were I would also stop eating from the house too

Its not like the sister went to her wardrobe and took the wifes Jewelries to use (That would be analogous to the Brother in law car issue)
Re: Issues In My Marriage by SisiKill1: 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2012
dayokanu:

The thing is the situation didnt start from the food, The wife and sister have been having issues before which possibly stems from the wife being too overbearing?

And I am sure you know the manner which the "Call to tell her" was done. It was done to the extent that the SIL stopped eating in the house, That should tell you that that was no ordinary "Calling to tell" like she wanted us to believe

If you go to your brothers house and go serve yourself food Maybe thinking everyone has taken theirs or the Wife wasnt around to inform her, 30mins later the Wife comes and gives you a dressing down over mere food.

The wife's post reek of "This is my territory" too much and that was what drove the husband against her. And now all the family

Of course she didn't come in and head straight for the kitchen. . .it would even be better if she had done that sef.

What she probably did is come to the house, doesn't greet her sister in law, chats with her brother while pointedly ignoring her sister in law, plays with the baby when her sister in law is not there. . .maybe that one quickly went to check the soup in the kitchen and as soon as she comes out, pereku walks away. . .with attitude too (she gotta show SIL she doesn't have her time naa just in case the ignoring and the not greeting is too subtle), she goes back to chat with her brother some more. . .still ignoring her sister in law and then no sooner has the sister in law turned off gas than she carries her wogowogo leg to the kitchen to serve herself. . .ina ruwa, the slave they brought from the village has finished cooking.

Come now!!!!
Re: Issues In My Marriage by Outstrip(f): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
dayokanu:

What is your take on the husband taking the food his wife served him and giving it to his sister?
Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Of course she didn't come in and head straight for the kitchen. . .it would even be better if she had done that sef.

What she probably did is come to the house, doesn't greet her sister in law, chats with her brother while pointedly ignoring her sister in law, plays with the baby when her sister in law is not there. . .maybe that one quickly went to check the soup in the kitchen and as soon as she comes out, pereku walks away. . .with attitude too (she gotta show SIL she doesn't have her time naa just in case the ignoring and the not greeting is too subtle), she goes back to chat with her brother some more. . .still ignoring her sister in law and then no sooner has the sister in law turned off gas than she carries her wogowogo leg to the kitchen to serve herself. . .ina ruwa, the slave they brought from the village has finished cooking.

Come now!!!!

And what would make a SIL come into her brothers house and not greet the Wife?

Would you ever go to your brothers house even if he married Jezebel and not greet his wife

Simple question : After the "Calling and telling" would you still continue to eat in the house? Knowing the kind of "telling" we are talking about here. Which in most cases would involve indirect refrence to her upbringing and greed
Re: Issues In My Marriage by BABE3: 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
debby999: This lady has never talked to me since she came into the house.she is type that does my "brother's house I don't send anybody".Big war started the day I finished cooking and was about dishing food this lady went to pot and started taking her own.

Dayokanu . . .

The SIL is not normal. lol. It's very obvious a guy just broke her heart and she needs [i]se[/i]x. OP needs to match-make her arse.

You're right. The relationship between her and the OP is obviously not a good one.

That itself should caution her on how she acts around the wife. Dayokanu, it's very abnormal for me to go finish your pot of soup while I know we're not on good terms. I'll feel uneasy. Plus, it's plain rude! The wife just had a baby for Jupiter's sake. The SIL is a troublemaker. She is the one blowing things out of proportion and not the OP. Only God knows what she told the husband.

She also stopped eating in the house to make it look like OP stabbed her with a sharp knife. Yeye people!

Re: Issues In My Marriage by Outstrip(f): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2012
2mch: Please when did personal property now become synonymous with food? Which was cooked for the house? a house in which the inlaws were staying in at the moment? Food that the brother most likely paid for? Lets compare apples with apples. If the sister in law entered the kitchen to cook for herself another problem abi? cool cool cool. Crazy OP. Is something that can spoil or replaceable worth spoiling your relationship with family? i pity you OP. Get yourself in the situation where his family hates you first, and see yourself packing out very soon.

EPIC FAIL. This is where you guys start making mockery of your position in your home. Food he likely paid for. What if the woman was the bread winner then what? Most families depend on the two incomes to survive now adays. So murdar flipping what if he paid for the food? Good Lord. You have issues you need to deal with. With that mentality you already show that you have an inferiority complex. If the woman happens to carry the family for a little while you will probably make her life misreable because the only thing you believe you are good for you find that anybody with two legs and two hands can do
Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2012
Outstrip:

What is your take on the husband taking the food his wife served him and giving it to his sister?

Obviously you got it wrong, She was referring to the baby and not the husband or why would the sister need to feed her husband? is he an 1mbec1le

debby999: My baby started crying I bathed him and gave him the baby so I can prepare his food(this would mean the baby IMO). On bringing the food to feed him,my husband pushed me out, took the food frm me and gave his sister to feed him.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by Outstrip(f): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2012
BABE!:

Dayokanu . . .

The SIL is not normal. lol. It'a very obvious a guy just broke her heart she needs [i]se[/i]x. OP needs to match-make her arse.

You're right. The relationship between her and the OP is obviously not a good one.

That itself should caution her on how she acts around the wife. Dayokanu, it's very abnormal for me to go finish your pot of soup while I know we're not on good terms. I'll feel uneasy. Plus, it's plain rude! The wife just had a baby for Jupiter's sake. The SIL is a troublemaker. She is the one blowing things out of proportion and not the OP. Only God knows what she told the husband.

She also stopped eating in the house to make look like OP stabbed her with a sharp knife. Yeye people!

Lets also take into consideration that the sister also told the wife that her husband agreed with them that she the wife is in the wrong. The man is a serious Womanliness. How do you discuss with your sisters and take that stand. It is very likely also that the sisters knew that their brother was two faced so they decided to push buttons so things escalate. He needs to grow some balls. If you are not ready to make tough decisions don't get married. Stay home and suck mommy's breasts.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by moremi2008(m): 8:19pm On Apr 19, 2012
This is why unwise children shouldn't be allowed to get married. A truly simple situation has now blown-up into an extended family conflict. What kind of families do you both come from? Don't you have wise men and women to talk some sense into you all? Why are you jeopardizing your marriage with childish grudges and fights?

From what I have read, I can say confidently that the OP is a bit foolish and immature. She's not yet ready to live in a man's house as the woman of the house. Her sister-in-laws are obviously wrong but they did nothing that couldn't have been nipped in the bud with a few calm, soothing words to the husband in bed, a little patience, a little bit of humility, a little bit of maturity and a soft but firm touch. Now that your husband has sided with his sisters against you, what are you going to do? Pack out of the house? This is a horrible start to a marriage. I am very afraid of the future ahead of you. You need prayers, wise counsel and divine intervention. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2012
BABE!:

Dayokanu . . .

The SIL is not normal. lol. It'a very obvious a guy just broke her heart she needs [i]se[/i]x. OP needs to match-make her arse.

She also stopped eating in the house to make it look like OP stabbed her with a sharp knife. Yeye people!

Its obvious OP was embelishing. No one would come into your house without greeting you unless you have a prior issue. You should learn to read in between the lines. Are you not Nigerian? Havent you heard the familiar "I was just going [i]jejely [/i]before John slapped me and tore my clothes" obviously you were not going on your own and a complete stranger slapped you cheesy grin

One question if you were the SIL after the "calling and talking" over food, Would you continue eating in that house?
Re: Issues In My Marriage by 2mch(m): 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2012
Outstrip:

EPIC FAIL. This is where you guys start making mockery of your position in your home. Food he likely paid for. What if the woman was the bread winner then what? Most families depend on the two incomes to survive now adays. So murdar flipping what if he paid for the food? Good Lord. You have issues you need to deal with. With that mentality you already show that you have an inferiority complex. If the woman happens to carry the family for a little while you will probably make her life misreable because the only thing you believe you are good for you find that anybody with two legs and two hands can do

From what i read of the OP they live in Nigeria. Also, she ran away from the house, it is most likely HIS house. She is working, and apparently he also has a source of income. From what i know about Nigerian women in that situation, they collect money from their husbands, typical and cultural. If she is claiming culture forbids anyone from entering her pot, i assume culture allows the husband to also bring food money? Abi no be so?
Re: Issues In My Marriage by Outstrip(f): 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Obviously you got it wrong, She was referring to the baby and not the husband or why would the sister need to feed her husband? is he an 1mbec1le

Okay thanks for correcting me but wait oh. The man took the womans baby and gave him to his sister to feed. it is over now. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I am laughing because I don't know what else to do. wow. That is even worse. What nonsense. Honestly I am livid. Just the thought. I will probably slice my husband. I mean. In what land does someone do a thing like that. The man is obviously not ready to be married. No woman will stand for that. I will forgive adultery before I forgive that. What nonsense. Honestly if I was the SIL and put in that position by my useless brother I will refuse. I will refuse. You are already calling your wife a bad wife in the presence of his family but to insinuate that she is bad mother? Where was that bloody sister when your wife carried the child for nine months, where was she all the nights you woke up every 2 hours. What utter disrespect. The man needs a public flogging. This should be classified under abomination

2 Likes

Re: Issues In My Marriage by coolguy2002: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
ok
Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2012
moremi2008: This is why unwise children shouldn't be allowed to get married. A truly simple situation has now blown-up into an extended family conflict. What kind of families do you both come from? Don't you have wise men and women to talk some sense into you all? Why are you jeopardizing your marriage with childish grudges and fights?

From what I have read, I can say confidently that the OP is a bit foolish and immature. She's not yet ready to live in a man's house as the woman of the house. Her sister-in-laws are obviously wrong but they did nothing that couldn't have been nipped in the bud with a few calm, soothing words to the husband in bed, a little patience, a little bit of humility, a little bit of maturity and a soft but firm touch. Now that your husband has sided with his sisters against you, what are you going to do? Pack out of the house? This is a horrible start to a marriage. I am very afraid of the future ahead of you. You need prayers, wise counsel and divine intervention. Good luck!

Well said
Re: Issues In My Marriage by Genius100: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2012
Even though this is your side of the story, it is obvious to the discerning person that the OP herself is a drama queen and shares a major part of the blame. What is the big deal if your SIL went to dish her own food? Even if it was your husband protesting that his sister should not have done that, you should be the one telling your husband its okay. I'm 100% sure that if we hear your husband's side of the story, things will be alot different that the way you explained it.

A wise spouse will never pick a fight with the in-laws unless the circumstances are extreme. OP, you have a lot to learn. The in-law is in your house on a temporary basis, it behooves you to accomodate their excesses. The same goes for a man as well.

2 Likes

Re: Issues In My Marriage by armyofone(m): 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2012
not right acting anyhow when you visit your inlaws house. it is their home and not yours.
how long will it take for nigerians to change this mentality?

act as a guest and don't feel too layback.
going into the kitchen to take meat and soup with madam there, not so cool.

hey autie, can i have some food please, simple. how hard is that?

ku na buga dongo turenchi.
da godiya.

1 Like

Re: Issues In My Marriage by neyostica: 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2012
op, see you life outside, you have no tolerance, no hometraining and no shame. All dis cos of pot of soup?? you are expected to treat ur sis inlaw like your own sisters, but mba, you are a saucy woman, am sure if ur mother in law comes to visit, she will need permission before enterin the kitchen abi yeye girl. go and back to ur father's house and wait for the man to come and beg, you are on a longtin. SMDH
Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2012
Outstrip:

Okay thanks for correcting me but wait oh. The man took the womans baby and gave him to his sister to feed. it is over now. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I am laughing because I don't know what else to do. wow. That is even worse. What nonsense. Honestly I am livid. Just the thought. I will probably slice my husband. I mean. In what land does someone do a thing like that. The man is obviously not ready to be married. No woman will stand for that. I will forgive adultery before I forgive that. What nonsense. Honestly if I was the SIL and put in that position by my useless brother I will refuse. I will refuse. You are already calling your wife a bad wife in the presence of his family but to insinuate that she is bad mother? Where was that bloody sister when your wife carried the child for nine months, where was she all the nights you woke up every 2 hours. What utter disrespect. The man needs a public flogging. This should be classified under abomination

Look at it this way, a confrontation was brewing and things are about to explode, an infant is in the middle of things? Whats the rational thing to do? push the wife while she is carrying the baby? if he did that what would you say about him?
Re: Issues In My Marriage by neyostica: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
armyofone: not right acting anyhow when you visit your inlaws house. it is their home and not yours.
how long will it take for nigerians to change this mentality?

act as a guest and don't feel too layback.
going into the kitchen to take meat and soup with madam there, not so cool.

hey autie, can i have some food please, simple. how hard is that?

ku na buga dongo turenchi.
da godiya.

do we look like oyinbo to you so why shud we change must we look up to oyinbo on how to run our lives
if it were op sister, will she pickup a fight
SMDH
Re: Issues In My Marriage by neyostica: 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Look at it this way, a confrontation was brewing and things are about to explode, an infant is in the middle of things? Whats the rational thing to do? push the wife while she is carrying the baby? if he did that what would you say about him?

i like your reasoning skills
Re: Issues In My Marriage by baggy4luv(m): 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
Your hubby is spiritually blinded.
Ur inlaw na strongwoman(she aint ordinary).
You:you are too soft.
Solution
1.be mad(wear your armour)
2.prayer points
3.confront her with deep proverbs
4.look for spiritual backup
5.dry fasting
6.do smthing that would make the girl dread you.
Your mum self na gentle woman oh.if u like op say na rubbish i dey type.#peels groundnuts#
Re: Issues In My Marriage by BABE3: 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Its obvious OP was embelishing.[b] No one would come into your house without greeting you unless you have a prior issue. [/b]You should learn to read in between the lines. Are you not Nigerian? Havent you heard the familiar "I was just going [i]jejely [/i]before John slapped me and tore my clothes" obviously you were not going on your own and a complete stranger slapped you cheesy grin

One question if you were the SIL after the "calling and talking" over food, Would you continue eating in that house?

Yes, it's obvious they had prior issues. The OP didn't state that, but it's very glaring. I don't know what the issue was and I don't know who was at fault. Those things are not important at this point.

Fast forward to when she came into the house. The two are not on talking/good terms. Why would she just dash into the kitchen after the OP is done cooking and start dishing her food? ? ? I ask again, isn't that shameful and impolite?

Don't forget that this is the Wife's house and not the SIL's. See what late marriage can cause? Pock-nosing and sniffing around people's pots of soup. grin

Answer to your question; I can't be the SIL. Sorry. cheesy Going according to OP's story, I won't be caught dead acting the way the SIL is acting... even if I HATE my brother's wife.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by Outstrip(f): 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
2mch:

From what i read of the OP they live in Nigeria. Also, she ran away from the house, it is most likely HIS house. She is working, and apparently he also has a source of income. From what i know about Nigerian women in that situation, they collect money from their husbands, typical and cultural. If she is claiming culture forbids anyone from entering her pot, i assume culture allows the husband to also bring food money? Abi no be so?

It does not matter where they live. Wrong is wrong. Like I said it is obvious that the man has already been bad mouthing his wife to family. So knowing that would you not agree that she going to that pot was meant to be an insult to the woman of the house. Keep in mind that I do not do those traditional things. if someone lives with me I am okay with cooking and them serving themselves. Let us call a spade a spade and not an instrument for digging. I agree she should not have left either. That is just the lazy approach to solving the problem. What message has that sent. He has already told his family that they can walk into the home and decide what food the child eats and they can call his wife and tell her that she behaving inappropriately. If she was such as arse do you think the sister will be able to call and give her a piece of her mind? I don't think so.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by drnoel: 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
kaboninc: @OP Honestly I think if you follow some of these ideas proffered here, it'll take farther away from your home. Also most of these advisors either are not married or don't have any experience. If in your husband's house the kids are free to eat as they like, then this is your own house. A mum and wife in your own house and they must follow your rules. I don't see why someone will come to one's house just because their husband is their brother and they'll act like its their father's house. Where's the respect? And then your husband supports them? Please seek advice from elders not these people here!

u are most likely unmarried that is why u gave this advice or if u are married then u must be male and forget the situation is different 4 women in our Nigerian society. U never fight ur inlaws at all talk less over an issue so small as food.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by neyostica: 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
baggy4luv: Your hubby is spiritually blinded.
Solution
2.prayer points
5.dry fasting
Your mum self na gentle woman oh.if u like op say na rubbish i dey type.#peels groundnuts#
SMDH
Re: Issues In My Marriage by Outstrip(f): 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
baggy4luv: Your hubby is spiritually blinded.
Solution
2.prayer points
5.dry fasting

Please abeg stop all this dry fast issues. The SIL has no spiritual problems. She is only a nuisance because she has been given the go ahead by her brother. It is normal human behavior to misbehave if you have an opportunity
Re: Issues In My Marriage by drnoel: 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
BABE!:

She didn't fight her; according to her post. She only called her to tell her what she did was very idiotic.

Take a look at Sisi_kill's scenario. What sort of uncivilized behavior is that?

The sister in-law didn't necessary have to go her and say "m'aam, I observed that you're done cooking. May I please have a portion of your nicely prepared soup?"

The SIL could have gone to the kitchen while OP was cooking and jovially said "Haaaa.. there's no way I'm not finishing that food. Better start preparing another round for your husband and yourself. It smells so good! Chei My brother is lucky".

I'm sure the SIL just dashed into the kitchen frowning, with an attitude, and mounted a hip of goat meat on her plate. See ehn, the problem here is not the food. It's common courtesy. The relationship you have with a person determines the kind access you'll have to the person's things.

You can't be giving me serious attitude all they long and jump at my food. You no get shame? grin Which kind shameless behavior be that?

Some people need to be put in there place, and apparently the husband is no where near putting his sister(s) in check.

Pls take note just so u know how to handle things once u get married. U don't tell ur sister inlaw what she did is idiotic rather u complain 2 ur hubby who should tell her himself. If u tell her directly and she takes u up with her siblings na u lose. Just so u know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / I Need your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.