Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Religions In Relationship - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Religions In Relationship (709 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religions In Relationship by kennyg5055(f): 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2007
I'am a christian and my fiance is a muslim and we love each other, but my family does not want me to marry a muslim guy. pls advice.
Re: Religions In Relationship by tokunbobo(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2007
This thread would have been better posted in the romance aspect of the general discussion and not business. embarassed
Re: Religions In Relationship by vigasimple(m): 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2007
I think the poster of the thread is new on the site, I hope the admin can move the post to romance.

Answer to the question - it is a difficult one because ideally Husband and wife should be worshipping at the same church or religion.

Are you willing to give up your religion for his or is he willing to give up his?

Would his immediate and extended family frown like yours has frown?

Even if he agrees to change his religion and becomes a christian would his friends not say that you are controlling him ? traditionally our Brothers in the Islamic faith are allowed by their religion a polygamus relationship, have you thought and actually discuss this and what is his opinion?
Since his religion permits him to marry more, if he does what would you do?

When you finally make it to the wedding day, in which religion are you going to marry and worship? and I prayed that God bless you with Children which religion would they adopt? presumably as in Nigeria- the fathers, are you going to be happy for them to go mosque?

All the above are part of the variances which you have to consider and then satisfy yourself that you can live with the consequences which in fact is not too different if you have been both christian or moslem except that you both we be thinking it is because our religion is different.

For instance my Grandfather who is a christian marry my grandmother who is a moslem and they both serve God as in Christian and moslem till their passing away and no problem.

All the children went to Church and during the moslem festival the children and we the grandchildren went to mosque for foods and 'merryment'

Ultimately it depends on both parties but wife's parent in Nigeria tends to have more impact on the womans life because if anything went pearshaped the woman parent will say ' we told you so'

You have to ultimately make up your mind whether you are going to be RUTH and pray and work and take any side effects that it might throw at you.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Getting Has Been Simplify / Learn How To Programme On Nurit Pos Terminal / The Site Pays And Its Bonanza Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.