Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Should I Sell My Transcorp And Lasaco Now: ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Sell My Transcorp And Lasaco Now: ? (1522 Views)

Tony Elumelu In The Gym At Transcorp Hotel / CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) / An Aerial View Of Nicon Nuga Hilton (Now Transcorp Hotel) Abuja In 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Sell My Transcorp And Lasaco Now: ? by gonziiii(m): 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2007
I bought transcorp at #4 and Lasaco at #2.75 about 2 weeks ago, these are my first investments in the stock market, ever since they have been dropping. I am really worried, should i hold on or sell, I am thinking of selling so i can use the money to buy some stocks in the banking sector that are rising but if i sell now i will be selling at 20% loss, is that advisable, i am new in the business so i need some quality advice
Re: Should I Sell My Transcorp And Lasaco Now: ? by BabsO2(m): 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2007
Keep them. Move on to something else and check them back in 6 months. I am more confident Lasaco may double if the issurance industry court injuctions end and the final list of new capitalised insurance companies is released. Transcorp is still a hot bet. You could loose everything. Or have ten fold in a couple of years. Your decision on this depends or how long you are ready to invest and if you are ready to loose everything or gain 10 fold.
Re: Should I Sell My Transcorp And Lasaco Now: ? by hispy99(m): 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2007
gonziiii:

I bought transcorp at #4 and Lasaco at #2.75 about 2 weeks ago, these are my first investments in the stock market, ever since they have been dropping. I am really worried, should i hold on or sell, I am thinking of selling so i can use the money to buy some stocks in the banking sector that are rising but if i sell now i will be selling at 20% loss, is that advisable, i am new in the business so i need some quality advice

My advice concerns your future purchases: Do a thorough analysis before you buy any stock in future. The stock market is serious business, so take it as such before you put your money into any stock
Re: Should I Sell My Transcorp And Lasaco Now: ? by herbsman(m): 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2007
Are u a long term investor or short term.If you're futuristic, hold on to Transcorp shares cos it will explode in max of 5years.The newly constituted board led by Tom Iseghohi will turn the fortunes around Jah willing.The man is a turn around expert.He did it at Pepsi Cola, Ford motors, American Express all in the U.S.

He has invited two gurus and they have been seconded to Mtel and the other finance.I just bought more units 3weeks ago and will buy more before X-MAS.

My target is 5years when the shares would have appreciated  to bout N200 from N4.

Be patient.
Re: Should I Sell My Transcorp And Lasaco Now: ? by hispy99(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2007
herbsman:

Are u a long term investor or short term.If you're futuristic, hold on to Transcorp shares because it will explode in max of 5years.The newly constituted board led by Tom Iseghohi will turn the fortunes around Jah willing.The man is a turn around expert.He did it at Pepsi Cola, Ford motors, American Express all in the US.

He has invited two gurus and they have been seconded to Mtel and the other finance.I just bought more units 3weeks ago and will buy more before X-MAS.

My target is 5years when the shares would have appreciated to bout N200 from N4.

Be patient.

N200 in 5 years? I am an optimist, but don't you think that your estimate is overly ambitious?

The MD is a turn around expert, but don't make it sound as if he truned around Pepsi, Ford and AMEX, that is not true

(1) (Reply)

Nospetco And Wonder Banks: Any News? / Cbn N5000 Image. / International Forex Traders Available, At Least 20% Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.