Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Caution - Gtbank Account Update Scam By Fraudsters - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Caution - Gtbank Account Update Scam By Fraudsters (1252 Views)

ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters / Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS / Scam Alert: Gtbank Account Holders. Please Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Caution - Gtbank Account Update Scam By Fraudsters by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
I was shocked and scared when i received an email notice apparently from GTBANK informing me that my account has been SUSPENDED!.

After calling my account officer, i was assured it was false. I have a feeling that this SCAM will catch a lot of mugus (almost caught me). you will be prompted to enter your USerID and password into a fake GTBANK login

Dear Valued customer,

GUARANTY TRUST BANK CUSTOMER DATA UPDATE EXERCISE

As part of our continuous efforts towards providing you with excellent customer service and ensuring efficiency in
transaction processing, we request that you kindly update your records with the Bank by going to https://ebank.gtbank.com/ibank3/update/login.aspx
This update will help us to prevent any unauthorised or illegal use of our customers identity and to confirm that you are
truely the owner of the account you are operating. Failure to update your account now will lead to termination of your account and internet banking services for security reasons.

click here now for the update.

GTBank is committed to protect the identity of it's internet banking users.
Help us to serve you better. It's all about your security.

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.

© 2011 Guaranty Trust Bank.

NOTE : THIS UPDATE MUST BE DONE IMMEDIATELY OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DISABLED

Re: Caution - Gtbank Account Update Scam By Fraudsters by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2012
NOTE : THIS UPDATE MUST BE DONE IMMEDIATELY OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DISABLED

GTbank will never add this to mail.......

Dude its a Scam I've heard of this before k?

(1) (Reply)

Ba / I Have N100k Can I Invest In Forex Trade And Make A Life Out Of It / Forex Traders Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.