Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

You Think You know Jquery ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / You Think You know Jquery ? (1428 Views)

Tutorial: Building A Facebook Chat With Jquery/php / Free Jquery Mb.menu / Dhtml Datagrid Control :: Jquery Integration :: Cms Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ok this is no jQuery bashing as i normally do, heck i use jQuery and understand it well enough but the question i have for most people is," do you ?" , those who say its the best framework ever hardly know how to use it, occasionally i get jQuery codes to fix from other developers which makes me want to slash my wrist and cry in a dark corner......(seriously cry ). also not saying am the guru in jquery oh, just that most people don't use it properly

first question what does the $ in Jquery mean ?

explain this code $('*')[0] is it even correct ?

in this code why do i have to use "this" instead of "#element" and what does "this" refer to and what is the function passed as an argument called ?

$('#element').fadeIn("slow",function(){
$(this).fadeIn('slow');
});

What does the e argument refer to ?
$('#ele').bind('click;,function(e){});

Everything in Jquery is a Jquery Object true or false ? explain

Why is chaining possible in Jquery the question above is a hint
$('#ele').css().fadeIn().killme().mercy();

the Last and most important question

Do you still need to study JavaScript even after knowing jQuery ?

//Wickedness Question
as from Jquery 1.5 Ajax calls returns a Deffered Object what does it mean and what's the Use ?

//More Wickedness Question
whats the difference between Deffered.when and Deffered.then ? grin

if anyone answer this question i will know that yes people actually do use jQuery very well, this will save my wrist from being slashed and brighten my day. cheesy
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2012
how do i edit the topic cry, also you don't have to answer all at once once, its a gradual thing to let others have fun. Dojo rules tongue
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Slyr0x: 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
pc guru: how do i edit the topic cry, also you don't have to answer all at once once, its a gradual thing to let others have fun. Dojo rules tongue

What do you want the topic to be??
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 19, 2012
i just changed it, it was "you think you jquery"
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 20, 2012
I take it there are no jquery users in the house
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2012
Okay Time up for Question 1:
$ is just an alias for the Function Object "jQuery", you can also write jQuery('*').hide();

1 Like

Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 20, 2012
sad time almost up for Question 2, at least an attempt or discussion on the thread 59views and no comment is no fun
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2012
Santa Maria!
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2012
Question 2 Answer
the "this" refers to the element returned by the jQuery Selector, because it returns DOM Object the "this" then points to the Element,and the second function is an argument called a "callback", this is used in Evented programming like NodeJS and Javascript, i think python also, it allows a function to be called when the following previous call has been finished without waiting for "Non Blocking Calls or Asynchronous"

because this is a DOM Object and to make it a jQuery Object we use the $(this) which returns a jQuery Object and thus making it possible to chain the fadeOut Methods, if u did this.fadeOut, you are calling a jQuery method on a non-jQuery Object.
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2012
Dead board
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2012
pc guru: Dead board
Tough isn't it. . . .and to say that this was a board then that even if i have an exam tomorow, i will still be happy to post a tutorial or so. And now that i am on leave, i dont even have the motivation to write anything useful.
Even if i do, the spam bot will frustrate that effort and kill off the motivation!
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by yawatide(f): 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2012
dhtml, I thought "someone" quit web dev yesterday tongue

1 Like

Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by omni1: 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
dhtml, I thought "someone" quit web dev yesterday tongue

No QUITS, just LEAVE
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
Just thot I cud revive that debating culture, might as well spend time watching p.orn
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by worldbest(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2012
pc guru: Just thot I cud revive that debating culture, might as well spend time watching p.orn
Lol
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2012
pc guru: Just thot I cud revive that debating culture, might as well spend time watching p.orn
That will be much beta than this board, no hope again. . . .
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
.........waiting
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 25, 2012
<?= die('Timeout') ?>
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
My God I commented here, I thot I was in the sexuality section shocked , true story
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by adewasco2k(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2013
pc guru sorry...but i think i need your azzz back on this thread.....know a little about jQuery...wanna finalize things here grin
i trust you
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 08, 2013
ok for you i will continue i wasn't motivated but am a bit less settled i'll continue asap
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by adewasco2k(m): 9:37am On Jan 08, 2013
Thanks boss, i will give you my 100% attention and gratitude.....i just finished my jquery project on codecademy.com you can check it out...though i am still a learner big time. My jQuery project it was just about creativity.
as i already mention there are alot of things i cants do, would have made the project more cool.
Re: You Think You know Jquery ? by FincoApps(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2015
Wow, I never knew that :O
pcguru1:
Okay Time up for Question 1:
$ is just an alias for the Function Object "jQuery", you can also write jQuery('*').hide();

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Used Which Cms? / Newbie Questions Please Help senior members / Learn How To Build Complex E-commerce Websites Like Jumia And Forum Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.