Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Speaker's Nysc Pic. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Speaker's Nysc Pic. (6278 Views)

I Don't Support The Scrapping Of Nysc...osun Speaker / Is This Allowed In NYSC? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaker's Nysc Pic. by auwal(m): 1:37am On Nov 08, 2007
New Speaker of the House of Assembly, Honourable Dimeji Bankole (arrowed), with other corps members at the orientation camp in Kubwa, Abuja, when he did his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme in Abuja in 1998.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/

Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by almondjoy(f): 2:15am On Nov 08, 2007
Who cares? Which one IBB and OBJ do? undecided
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by Texcee(f): 3:48am On Nov 08, 2007
almondjoy:

Who cares? Which one IBB and OBJ do? undecided

FYI -
People who served in the military or police are exempt from NYSC.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by uchetobi(f): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2007
sad
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by folem: 10:39am On Nov 08, 2007
Interesting!

If you are asked to present your University graduation Certificate and you then proceed to show your Matriculation pictures, What manner of person will you be classified as?

This dude is being accused of not completing NYSC and he proceeds to show Orientation camp pictures a good 3 years after he started working illegally in 1995 at Freight Agencies Nigeria Limited, Lagos then claims that,  for his primary assignment, he was sent to the National Human Rights Commission but was rejected and was subsequently sent to the West African Aluminium Products Limited, owned by his father, Chief Alani Bankole, where he became Executive Director, Operations and where he said he completed the national service in December 1998.

In business circle, the new Speaker can lay claim to some experience in family business. He was Director of Freight Agencies Nigeria Limited between 1995 and 1998; Executive Director, Operations, West African Aluminum Products Limited (1998-2003); and Director ASAP Limited (2000-2003).

shocked shocked
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by folahann(m): 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2007
this is not supposed to be funny
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by folem: 1:23pm On Nov 08, 2007
folahann:

this is not supposed to be funny

Certainly not funny but Shocking! shocked shocked
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by fakedavid: 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2007
whats shocking there?

Fools - jealous and hating because of him becoming speaker - i diots and fool hardy goons.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by klassyguy(m): 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2007
I saw the same pix in one of the dailies today. It looks like that face was superimposed onto that picture. The power of photoshop. If he knows he partook in the NYSC, why doesn't he simply present his certificate? It will save him all this stress.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by Tats(m): 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2007
klassyguy:

I saw the same pix in one of the dailies today. It looks like that face was superimposed onto that picture. The power of photoshop. If he knows he partook in the NYSC, why doesn't he simply present his certificate? It will save him all this stress.

You are not correct on this one! The picture is REAL and my brother is in that picture.

I have no business with whether he completed his NYSC or not or served inside his father's house.

Read my post yesterday https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-91683.0.html#msg1659219 and it should confirm what I have just said.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by folem: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2007
Tats:

You are not correct on this one! The picture is REAL and my brother is in that picture.

I have no business with whether he completed his NYSC or not or served inside his father's house.

What is your business posting on this thread then?

It is your business as a patriotic Nigerian Citizen to tell us the truth if you know it and it is in your overall interest too.

If the allegations are false, show us your NYSC certificate, Mr speaker.  That should be simple enough.

If the allegations are true, the speaker should be thrown out so that the nation can move on. In the interest of the nation, a person who is compromised and blackmailable should not occupy such a high post.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by Tats(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2007
folem:

What is your business posting on this thread then?

It is your business as a patriotic Nigerian Citizen to tell us the truth if you know it and it is in your overall interest too.

If the allegations are false, show us your NYSC certificate, Mr speaker. That should be simple enough.

If the allegations are the true, the speaker should be thrown out so that the nation can move on. In the interests of the nation, a person who is compromised and blackmailable should not occupy such a high post.

I have told you what I know. I have said it is none of my business, because the next thing I will be reading on this thread is that Dimeji is my brother just like the one that says the picture looks like a superimposed one grin

It is clear that the guy will produce his certificate and another issue will start!
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by ettehgate(m): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2007
THE SPEAKER EERED WHEN HE WAS BEIGN ACCUSED OF

NOT SERVING HIS FATHER LAND AND HE START SHOWING US

PICTURE. ME THINK HE SHOULD DO BETTER THAN THAT.

mr honorable speaker, if I were you, I will paste my NYSC cert. in all daillies today today.
anything short of that, is not admissible in the law court.

HABBA! HERE IN NAIJA THAT IF YOU WAN SNAP WEARING ARMY GENERAL UNIFORM, YOU FIT GET AM
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by folem: 4:01pm On Nov 08, 2007
The speaker has shown copies of his NYSC Certificate to the press.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3737

Speaker Shuts Up Critics, Presents NYSC Discharge Paper

In a move designed to put a lid to the raging controversies on whether he participated in the mandatory one year National Youth Service scheme or not, Honourable Dimeji Bankole, Speaker of the House of Representatives this morning circulated photocopies of his discharge certificate from the scheme at the premises of the National Assembly. There have been speculations in the past few days about the authenticity of the new Speaker’s academic qualifications as well as whether he served in the NYSC scheme or not.

The rumour was allegedly being peddled by some lawmakers in the lower chambers of the National Assembly who are not happy with Bankole’s emergence as the Speaker of the House.

Some members of the National Assembly under the platform of Integrity Group who were instrumental to the emergence of the Speaker had subsequently challenged the Speaker to redeem his image by making his discharge certificate available to the public if he indeed participated in the one year mandatory scheme.

But the number four citizen who said he would only discuss the issue of the NYSC discharge certificate when he gets it from his hometown of Abeokuta, in Ogun State, finally heeded the call of the Intergrity Group and other Nigerians this morning in Abuja.

A photocopy of the discharge certificate circulated by the aides of the Speaker in the premises of the National Assembly with the name Bankole Dabor Oladimeji indicated that the nation’s number four citizen did his NYSC programme in the Federal Capital Territory between 2 February 1998 to 1st February, 1999.

The discharge certificate has as its number FCT/FRN/97/99823.

Honourable Bankole had also yesterday challenged journalists to go the Abuja national headquarters of the NYSC to confirm or disprove the allegations that he did not participate in the scheme during an interactive session with reporters.

But enquiries at the Abuja NYSC National Secretariat have not yielded any dividend as at the time of filing in this report as a result of the usual bureaucratic red-tapism.

Also, some of those who claimed to have served with the Abeokuta born lawmaker have been coming to his defence.

One of such persons is Abdulrazak Tumba, a manager at the National Assembly branch of Oceanic Bank. The banker brought a picture showing Bankole and his colleagues at the Kubwa Orientation Camp of NYSC which was displayed to journalists yesterday during an informal press briefing.

Also, one of the Speaker’s friends also vouched before reporters that Bankole indeed took part in the mandatory scheme.

Apart from the NYSC issue, the Speaker has also challenged those who are disputing his educational qualifications to contact the schools he claimed to have attended to seek further clarifications.

The Speaker said he never went to Sandhurst military academy but only took courses for military officers at Oxford University where he was in the Artillery Corps and even won some medals.

The Speaker, who gave his service number as 24883329, further challenged his critics to go to the Website of Oxford University to verify his claims.

Meanwhile, Dr. Babs Hussain, Director, Nigerian Intelligence Study Group, said the fact that Bankole served in the British Army poses a serious risk by virtue of the position he now occupies in the country.

According to him, “loyalty and allegiance are serious issues in the milieu of sovereignty of any nation.”

Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by Mamajama(m): 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2007
Its all about integrity.  if he did serve or completed his NYSE assignment,  he should present the certificate ASAP.  or he should be remove with immediate effect.  we can not continue to disobey the law and talk of transparency.

Its all about credibility.  How can we trust this guy to performed at the interest of the nation if his NYSE service was a fraud or sabotage?
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by jaso1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2007
You Nigerian you have started again! why don't you leave this guy alone to discharge what Nigerian expect of him. Your past leader that provided or have all certificates where do they lead you people to? don't be enemy to progress, the issue of NYSC. cert. is not our priority for now, beside time was out of it for this jamboree talk. This guy with his present statuse qualify to move this country forward. please let stop all these irrational argument OK.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by Mamajama(m): 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2007
what are the duties of the speaker of the house?
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by ettehgate(m): 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2007
this is what was expected.
  showing his cert.

CASE CLOSED grin
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by ettehgate(m): 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2007
@MAMAJAMA,
speaker of the house na im de carri hammer nack table
say the ayes or the nay have it grin
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by babasin(m): 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2007
this is what was expected.
showing his cert.

Now that he has produce a copy of NYSC.

Let NSYC verfied this copy as geniue.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by Mamajama(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2007
This is how backwards we are in Nigeria. why was he elected or appointed before the credential verification?
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by babasin(m): 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2007
This is how backwards we are in Nigeria. why was he elected or appointed before the credential verification?

well said.

Thats nigeria who wait to be best 20 economies in 2012
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by uchetobi(f): 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2007
babasin:

well said.

Thats nigeria who wait to be best 20 economies in 2012
its 2020
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by babasin(m): 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2007
@uchetobi,
its 2020

Thanks. that leaves only 12yrs.

btw: I will be damned if thats your real picture
grin
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by Carlosein(m): 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2007
thresa8:

well some people can't stand the fact a young well educated man has assumed the position, what is NYSC anyone?
let the man be, some illiterates want to get their hands on that speakers job.

more reason why he should be cleared properly (if that is still possible since he has got the job already)

so he can better face the job at hand, and prove himself different.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by vigasimple(m): 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2007
I couldn't agree more with  thresa8

If you read some of my past post on former speaker ETTEH, I have said consistently that the issue the dishonourable house member are fighting is more than contract award.

It is about speakers office and the power that goes with it.

Just for a minute we accept that the new speaker has no qualification as required by law and overwhelming majority of members of over 300+ out of 360 members voted for him, then I am sad to say we should not allow some minority of  disgruntle members to hold the country to ransom.

Those members are not interested in law making they just want free monies while they spend their time doing personal business and deals whilst using the office of being a member of the House to amasse more wealth.

Now that the Speaker has produce his NYSC certificate, can we all youths rally round him and let him get on with the job which he was elelcted for and getting paid every month whether we argue or not.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by Seun(m): 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2007
can we all youths rally round him
He doesn't need us to really around him. Our politicians will do whatever they want to do whether we like it or not. wink
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by debosky(m): 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2007
This is another case of rushing to make judgments, The picture was presented at an informal session with House Reporters, He said he has sent for his original certificate to be brought from Abeokuta to clear up the issues.

What he has done is to simply provide more evidence to back up his claim. If it was simply a certificate, some people will claim it could've been forged and what not. Lets see if he brings out the certificate and if its confirmed by the NYSC officials. at least the photocopies are out now.

The important fact is that the issue of no NYSC certificate came up only minutes prior to his election as speaker, not during party primaries, or the two previous elections he had contested and won. It smacks of bitterness and witch hunting by disgruntled members of the Etteh camp.

I am sure he will produce the NYSC certificate and end the whole drama.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by azorjiu(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2007
Mamajama:

Its all about integrity. if he did serve or completed his NYSE assignment, he should present the certificate ASAP. or he should be remove with immediate effect. we can not continue to disobey the law and talk of transparency.

Its all about credibility. How can we trust this guy to performed at the interest of the nation if his[b] NYSE [/b] service was a fraud or sabotage?

Bro where did you serve?
You kept on writing NYSE.
Is it a new acronym?
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by azorjiu(m): 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2007
babasin:

@uchetobi,
Thanks. that leaves only 12yrs.

between: I will be damned if thats your real picture
grin

I thought BTW means "by the way" and not BETWEEN.
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by babasin(m): 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2007
I thought BTW means "by the way" and not BETWEEN.

me too but Seun needs to fix the bug.

type: BTW in small letters you get between
grin cheesy grin
Re: Speaker's Nysc Pic. by dayokanu(m): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2007
Bro where did you serve?
You kept on writing NYSE.
Is it a new acronym?

Meaning New York Stock Exchange. grin grin grin That show how much some people have lost touch with Nigeria yet they encourage people in Nigeria to endure OBJ and Ehindero

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Abuja Nysc Stream2 Mr Macho Contestants And Winner. / Batch C Corpers Posted To PLATEAU State Let's Meet Here :D / NYSC Referral Letter Written By A Quack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.