|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,054,669 members, 4,420,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 August 2018 at 12:19 PM
|Scholarship Funds For University Students by Delta007(m): 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2012|
So, here's the deal. I'd like to help some young folks struggling to make it through Nigerian (and African) universities. We (a group of folks) have no formal structure in place yet but that is being worked on right now.
In the meantime, this is for young folks who are struggling to make ends meet and have very little or no financial support to see them into university or through university.
Conditions (All apply):
1. You are in financial difficulty
2. You need to have just been admitted into a Nigerian University (Public) and have had your WAEC results or you are currently enrolled in a Nigerian Public University.
3. Engineering or Medical Students will be considered before other students.
4. This scholarship can be renewed, year after year until you graduate. However, to maintain the scholarship, you need to meet a certain Grade Point Average and be of good behaviour
5. Upon receipt of any assistance, you will be required to provide value to your community in some fashion.
6. Upon graduation, you'd get a shot at doing a Masters degree in the USA or Canada if you wish to go down that path.
How to Apply:
Send an email detailing the following:
- Your current financial condition and projected expenses (including shortfalls)
- Your educational background and career ambition
- What you plan to do with any educational assistance you receive
- How you plan to give back to your community
- Any other useful information. We may request more information to determine your eligibility.
Here's what you should know
- We am not a bank or some sort of "maga". This is not a fraud and do not try to defraud us; trust me, you'd regret it.
- Please for the love of God, do not send me emails with "short-handed" words. I have taken time to make this post. You are expected to take your time to send any replies. There are no deadlines, no pressure; take your time to articulate your points. Remember, your writing style tells alot about you.
- Unfortunately, not every application will get a response. The intent of this mission is to help one or two folks that may need it. We do not claim to have all the money but we will do our best to help you if you are shortlisted.
- If we decide to pay your fees, we will be paying it directly to the university and we will be requesting your transcripts directly from the university to determine your eligibility; same with JAMB & WAEC.
- Be rest assured, we will verify your background.
- We will meet with you in person before we make a decision.
You may post you enquires here on Nairaland. I'd try my best to respond but there are no guarantees you'd get a response.
You may email your applications to 234alpha<AT>gmail. All the best.
|Re: Scholarship Funds For University Students by Delta007(m): 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2012|
Please, do not send me mails asking us to call you or email you. Save yourself the hassle.
I have outlined a few requirements. If you cannot comply with simple instructions, please do not waste my time (and yours).
Lastly, this opportunity is for current undergrads or secondary students who just got admitted into university.
|Re: Scholarship Funds For University Students by Delta007(m): 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2012|
Keep the applications coming!
|Re: Scholarship Funds For University Students by TheCongo2: 4:18am On Jan 06|
.Is this program still going on?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45