Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,610 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Website For All : Why You Need One - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website For All : Why You Need One (541 Views)

Anybody Wana Sell Adsense Account? I Need One. / I Need One On One Tutor In Web Design And Development Urgently / How Much Will It Cost Me To Design A Website?i Need One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Website For All : Why You Need One by oc2much: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
What is a website?
A collection of interlinked web pages with a related topic, usually under a single
domain name, which includes an intended starting file called a "home
page". From the home page, you can get to all the other pages on the
website. Also called a "web presence".

Using the Internet as a marketing tool is a wise business decision no matter the size of the company. Here is something to ponder if you are sitting on the fence about getting your own website.

Consider what kind of information a potential customer gets when he enters your office (showroom, restaurant or store). Perhaps your customer can...

• Read the sign stating the hours of operation (or holiday hours)

• Pick up a business card with your full business name, mailing address, fax
and phone numbers

• Read a brochure about your company's history, products/services, mission
statement

• Look at photos of the owners/employees at promotional and staff events

• Read notices on a bulletin board

• Get Information about affiliates, partners or suppliers

• Admire award plaques, trophies, team photos, and "Thank You" certificates
• See how staff interacts with customers

• Learn methods of payment

• Pick up a catalogue, schedule an appointment, ask questions, and meet staff

• Feel the spirit and energy of your company

It’s certainly not possible for all clients to get all the information needed. If you say that’s very possible, imagine if 1000 people have to come to your office at once to get the information. That would cause a stamped, but with a website it more than possible.

A website provides the experience of visiting your business in person. You need a website for the potential customer.

More and more people and businesses use the Internet to find information; it is convenient and saves time. Having a website is becoming so mainstream that customers and the public almost expect a company to have a website.

If people want information on a product or service, they are now saying, "I think they have a website, I'll check that out first."

Below are just some of the benefits you can expect from a website:

1. Increases awareness of products/services

2. Expands market place

3. Increases hours of operation

4. Marketing tool - replace or complement existing sales and
marketing channels

5. Reduce costs / Improve efficiency
Reduce publishing costs

Reduce marketing costs

Reduce communication costs

6. Build branding

7. Enhance your image / Reflect your spirit

8. Improve customer service / Reduce costs

9. Improve Efficiency

10. Provide information

11. Create a competitive edge

12. Open new channels of communication with staff, partners and suppliers.
www.nolconcepts.com/index.php/web-4-all

(1) (Reply)

Hop In To Learn How To Make Your E Book Cover With Few Steps / Great Moderators Needed At Naijaforums.tk Urgently / Incorporating An Effective Email Automation Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.