Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Making Hair In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Making Hair In Canada (5395 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Health Profesional Living Or Studying In Canada. / I Have Gotten A Full Time Job In Canada. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Hair In Canada by talk2sindy: 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hello, been in Toronto for a short while now and I can't find anywhere to make ,y hair, I really need any suggestion/advice plsssss
Re: Making Hair In Canada by ifegy: 5:59am On Apr 21, 2012
What part of the city are you in, and what do you want to do to your hair?
Re: Making Hair In Canada by talk2sindy: 2:10am On Apr 22, 2012
Am in Scarborough, and I want to fix my hair......the thing is my hair is still natural and kind of long so I really don't know what and where to fix it.......any help??
Re: Making Hair In Canada by Vicjustice: 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2012
talk2sindy: Hello, been in Toronto for a short while now and I can't find anywhere to make my hair[color=#990000][/color], I really need any suggestion/advice plsssss
What brand do you want to make your hair into, Volvo, BMW, Audi, Renault etc?
Re: Making Hair In Canada by Vicjustice: 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2012
talk2sindy: Am in Scarborough, and I want to fix my hair......the thing is my hair is still natural and kind of long so I really don't know what and where to fix it.......any help??
What are you "fixing" in a natural long hair?
Re: Making Hair In Canada by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 23, 2012
my dear, if you can pack it. Pack that hair or leave it as afro.
Re: Making Hair In Canada by talk2sindy: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2012
Lol.....av been doing that for like 4 months now and am kind of tired, I need to do something to it that can last for like one month and then I'll go back to packing it.... smiley
Re: Making Hair In Canada by ifegy: 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
What would you like to do to it-- get it braided, get it relaxed, get a weave, e.t.c.? Do you have access to a car, or do you use public transit? There might be some options I could suggest, depending on your responses.
Re: Making Hair In Canada by talk2sindy: 10:35pm On Apr 24, 2012
I either want to braid it or get a weave and I use public transit...
Re: Making Hair In Canada by ifegy: 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ok; I'll make some inquiries and get back to you. What is the closest major intersection to you?
Re: Making Hair In Canada by talk2sindy: 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
Lawrence and Kingston.........

1 Like

Re: Making Hair In Canada by ifegy: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2012
Hi OP, here are some options for you for weaves or braids:
1)This one seems close to Victoria Park and Eglinton. Her name is Annetta, Tel # 416-751-3910 address: 1533 O'connor Drive. She works by appointment so calling is a very good idea. Note: I'm not sure if she does braids, but you can check.

2) This one does braids and weaves. However it is in North York. It's really close to Sheppard subway station, though, so it's about an hour via transit: Loxx Hair Salon, 3 Spring Garden Ave, North York, 416 226 5699

3) I got a business card with just contact numbers with this one, so I'm not sure where she is based, but she does braids: 416 285 6518

Another option to consider- if you spot anyone with braids or weaves around, just ask where they got it done.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Making Hair In Canada by talk2sindy: 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
@ifegy......thanks a whole lot, this really really helped, am so grateful.and I really appreciate your help..thanks you, will check them out
Re: Making Hair In Canada by ifegy: 11:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
No problem!
Re: Making Hair In Canada by empresshair: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
i got admission into centennial college ontario for january 2014,and i braid hair for a living (twisting,million braids)i dont know if there re customers in scarborough....
Re: Making Hair In Canada by ifegy: 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
empress hair: i got admission into centennial college ontario for january 2014,and i braid hair for a living (twisting,million braids)i dont know if there re customers in scarborough....

There are, for sure. Just talk to people that you see with braids to get a sense of the price range to charge; put up notices advertising your services, etc.
Re: Making Hair In Canada by empresshair: 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
thank you
Re: Making Hair In Canada by Mamacita007(f): 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
ifegy:

There are, for sure. Just talk to people that you see with braids to get a sense of the price range to charge; put up notices advertising your services, etc.

very true
Re: Making Hair In Canada by Mamacita007(f): 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
empress hair: i got admission into centennial college ontario for january 2014,and i braid hair for a living (twisting,million braids)i dont know if there re customers in scarborough....

When u arrive in school, tell people u braid hair & start charging low for more customers. Im making enough money from braiding every weekend than my campus job. Some saturdays i cover up to 5 heads depending on the styles. Most students cant afford braids so they always fix weaves. Dont focus on naija peeps becos they will keep pricing low. Talk to other blacks like jamaicans & co in Church, give ur number to peeps in the mall & everywhere u go. When i first started i used to charge $40 but now its $60 and up for weaving & $150 & up for braids. Bring xpression becos they don't know it. I sell 2 pcks for $16. Theres no way u won't find customers unless black people re not living there. If u have money print bizness cards for more publicity.

1 Like

Re: Making Hair In Canada by karoonaoc: 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
i live in british columbia, vancouver and i havent found a place i can braid or fix my hair. i need help cry

(1) (Reply)

Price From Warri To Port Harcourt. Info Needed / Post New Photos Of Lagos,A City on the Rise / 15 Reasons To Use A Travel Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.