Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,558 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

The Best Option For A First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Best Option For A First Car (1043 Views)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? / Advice On First Car To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Option For A First Car by 2ceSharp(m): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2007
A friend of mine wants to buy his first car. He's strongly inclined towards getting a Montero Sport Jeep but i told him he should pick a toyota camry first since he intends to drive a lot and fuel consumption is pretty cool with any toyota. What do you think? got any other good first car in mind?
Re: The Best Option For A First Car by vigasimple(m): 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2007
That is a nice advice you have given him there.

Depending on why he has choosen to buy the vehicle in the first place. Usually people don't buy a Jeep as their first car except for the reasons I will set down below

(But if has got the money it his call, but if he has no Home of his own, it is not a good idea, car is a diminishing asset whilst home is an increasing one.)

He may however not listen to you for several reasons

1. He may want to show that he is a big boy that have arrived as an 'oppressor' (may even need a Driver for the Jeep)

2. He may have awoof money and need to blow it ( easy come easy go)

3. He has got a misplaced piority.

4. He is yet to have experience of Repairs and mechanics costs including Dodgy spare parts

5. It may be his dream car that he has always wanted that he had promised himself to buy once he has the money ( Even to you and I, it may not make any sense economic or otherwise)

OR

On a positive note he may use it to attract Business because the Business people might actually see him as a comfortable person.

Again like I said it his call let us leave him to his decision once you set out the Advantages and disadvantages to him.

Good Luck

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ground Opens In Chicago...swallows Three Cars / Most Expensive Car, August 2015 / Volvocars - Pros And Cons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.