Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10507618 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2431) (2432) (2433) (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
hensben:
Actually, it is 14

In a season 13 , the 14th happened to be the following season.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by stuff46(m): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
Skimpledawg:
Maduman tongue
obembe, sup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Do u have whatsapp, u need to explore this market with me man.

Nice market bro. I dont do whatsapp.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
Eden Hazard (155) has scored 50 league goals for @ChelseaFC quicker than Frank Lampard (184) and Gianfranco Zola (197). #CFC #Chelsea

Can He go on to do a Frankie?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
agrovick:
Eden Hazard (155) has scored 50 league goals for @ChelseaFC quicker than Frank Lampard (184) and Gianfranco Zola (197). #CFC #Chelsea

Can He go on to do a Frankie?
nope smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Our Belgian star talks about his one-v- one contests on the pitch and his dribbling decisions… The numbers were there in this website’s The Data Day article after last weekend game, our look at the analysis statistics from the win at Crystal Palace. One line in it read: ‘In the attacking third, Eden Hazard completed 24 of his 28 passes, at least 10 more than anyone else. Hazard was also successful with all five of his attempted take-ons.’ It certainly was not the first time figures like that for our Belgian star were published and it surely will not be the last. There in those numbers is a snapshot of the strength of Hazard's attacking game, equally dangerous when spotting a ball to a well- position team-mate as he is when choosing that familiar sudden acceleration or sharp turn past his closest marker. Hazard’s 100 per cent success rate last weekend when deciding to dribble past his opponent is not hugely higher than he has managed across the whole of this season. His success rate in all the Premier Leagues game is 76 per cent, the second highest figure from players in the top 10 for attempted take-ons, in other words, from those who are the regular dribbles. Only Middlesbrough’s young Spaniard Adama Traore has a higher percentage at 78 per cent. Hazard is the player who has completed the most take-ons in the Premier League in 2016/17. His 71 is one more than Palace's Wilfried Zaha. With the season approaching its halfway stage and with Hazard having played his full part in Chelsea’s climb to the top of the table, the official Chelsea website decided to talk to him about his decision-making. When does he pass and when does he go at someone, and how much thought in advance does he give it? Is his high level of success at beating a man because he knows the right moment to attempt that, spotting a defender momentarily unbalanced or turning the wrong way. or simply because he is very good at it? ‘It is natural, I play with instinct,’ Hazard quickly makes clear. ‘I don’t think about I need to do this or I need to do that. Once I have the chance to do something, it is instinct it depends on - sometimes I dribble, sometimes I pass the ball. I see a guy who is in the better place to shoot, I pass the ball. And when I dribble I don’t look at the balance of the opponent. ‘It is my way to play,’ he says of his high total for take-ons. 'I like to create some problems in the other defence. I like to touch the ball, I like to try to do something and sometimes I do, sometimes not but I know I am good when I go one against one, sometimes even one against two. I have got this quality so it is my style of play.’ Although natural aptitude and instinct are primary reasons why Hazard plays the way he does, and although he moved to play in France in his teenage years, he certainly would not have been discouraged by Belgium’s youth coaching system which was overhauled at the start of the millennium, and puts great value on developing dribbling skills and encouraging one v ones. The subsequent rise of that country’s football has been clear to all. ‘In football now you can see a lot of passes,’ Hazard adds, ‘but when we were young we watched a lot of video on YouTube and we wanted to watch some clips of Ronaldinho, Robinho, players like that because they liked to dribble, and we wanted to do this. ‘Now in the young teams in Belgium, they watch the professionals and we have players like me, Dries Martens who plays for Napoli, Kevin De Bruyne, a lot of small guys with technical ability and we try to teach them this. It is like Barcelona, the professional team plays one way and all the youth teams they play the same way. So in Belgium it is the same, in the young teams in Belgium we try to do the same as the professionals so we like to have the ball to dribble, we teach them that.’ Such a style of play can come at a painful price however and yet again, Hazard is the Premier League’s most fouled player (54 times this season, with Diego Costa next with 46). ‘I think every year it is the same,’ he acknowledges, without any hint of it being a big worry to him. ‘When you’ve got the ball at your feet or you keep the ball, you have to be ready to get kicked so I don’t complain about this. I just want to be protected but it is football now and sometimes you get kicked and you get a free-kick or a penalty and it is a chance to score, so I am happy to do this.’ www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/12/hazard--taking-it-on.html

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:08am On Dec 27, 2016
liveLongNprospa:
nope smiley
why
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 2:11am On Dec 27, 2016
I learnt Pedro is bossing over EPL... cool

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 3:09am On Dec 27, 2016
Nihilist:
See Luiz there Tori Olorun angry

No be calamity Luiz again? The surprise would be if it had been any other defender but David Luiz
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by knightsTempler: 3:46am On Dec 27, 2016
SailorXY:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes, i stand by what i said, Conte is one of the most versatile manager in mordern football. He knows Batshuayi can't dislodge Costa at the moment and today was a tricky game to throw Batshuayi in the "fire". People forget that Bournemouth are no mugs: they scored 2-3 goals in the last 20 Minutes against Liverpool!

If Chelsea failed to win today and Batshuayi missed 2-3 chances due to a lack of match sharpness, both him and Conte would have been savaged in the media. Conte may have just been trying to protect him while putting the team in the best condition to win: Hazard, Pedro and Willian are familiar with each other and also know the midfielders very well. The fluidity and creativity was a joy to watch today. It was a masterclass in counter attack! Michy will get his chances in January; just got to be patient. We have multiple league winners in the team that are currently sitting on the bench...

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:51am On Dec 27, 2016
coded01:
I learnt Pedro is bossing over EPL... cool

Yes, he's starting to settle in EPL unlike Laliga that he was bossing straight from youth team.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godstraight(m): 7:37am On Dec 27, 2016
Ibime:

Yes, he's starting to settle in EPL unlike Laliga that he was bossing straight from youth team.
you don still talk another rubbish
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2016
hensben:
Actually, it is 14

13 in one season.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 8:21am On Dec 27, 2016
Ibime:

And what of that pensioner in Manchester United that is currently the 2nd highest goal scorer in EPL?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atebesunny: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2016
#quick fact

Antonio Conte is the first Premier League manager to win 15 of his first 18 games in the competition.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atebesunny: 8:32am On Dec 27, 2016
#quick fact

Cesc Fabregas has provided 98 assists in the Premier League; only Wayne Rooney (101), Frank Lampard (102) and Ryan Giggs (162) have more in the competition's history

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:35am On Dec 27, 2016
timbros:

13 in one season.
Oh I see now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 8:52am On Dec 27, 2016
raumdeuter:

airmark, Patrickmuf, pkasso Na every game dem dey complain about Luiz ni?

Opelope community defence
Get the fvck out of my mentions, geriatric phool. I won't be this nice next time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LoRdCaT(m): 9:51am On Dec 27, 2016
timbros:

Arsenal’s record is 13.
We will equal it in our next match.
Arsenal's record is 14!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2016
stuff46:

obembe, sup
I Dey baba... Merry xmas
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LoRdCaT(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2016
We will be right here when the complaints starts pouring in. This same so-called "best manager in the league" will soon become the worst chelsea manager ever. No be fans again? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:55am On Dec 27, 2016
LoRdCaT:
Arsenal's record is 14!
no be quarell na grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LoRdCaT(m): 10:05am On Dec 27, 2016
Skimpledawg:

no be quarell na grin
Bros i no dey quarrel oo grin, i have even learnt that the 14th win was in the next season so the other bro was correct cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:33am On Dec 27, 2016
knightsTempler:
Yes, i stand by what i said, Conte is one of the most versatile manager in mordern football. He knows Batshuayi can't dislodge Costa at the moment and today was a tricky game to throw Batshuayi in the "fire". People forget that Bournemouth are no mugs: they scored 2-3 goals in the last 20 Minutes against Liverpool!

If Chelsea failed to win today and Batshuayi missed 2-3 chances due to a lack of match sharpness, both him and Conte would have been savaged in the media. Conte may have just been trying to protect him while putting the team in the best condition to win: Hazard, Pedro and Willian are familiar with each other and also know the midfielders very well. The fluidity and creativity was a joy to watch today. It was a masterclass in counter attack! Michy will get his chances in January; just got to be patient. We have multiple league winners in the team that are currently sitting on the bench...
grin grin grin grin grin grin why the seriousness na?
Actually this post made more sense than I give a fück about.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by stuff46(m): 10:36am On Dec 27, 2016
Skimpledawg:
I Dey baba... Merry xmas
same baba,
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 27, 2016
pkasso:
Get the fvck out of my mentions, geriatric phool. I won't be this nice next time.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 11:13am On Dec 27, 2016
For the first time in 128 years of English top flight history, a team has won 12 straight games while conceding just 2 goals #cfc

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 27, 2016
Look at these Lames quoting facts and shìt...Doesn't mean you getting the League.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2016
All of a sudden scummies are united in one madness like mou....win couple of games and start having erëct1ons everywhere.....

Scumwats....! we don't give a flying fvck....we are enjoying our games and hoping we win the league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:31am On Dec 27, 2016
NickleTheory:
Look at these Lames quoting facts and shìt...Doesn't mean you getting our 6th

Corrected

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
Godgay:
you don still talk another rubbish

I would really advice you to change your moniker. One is addressed as he is dressed and it's very stupid of you to display such obnoxious intolerance. Whether you're agnostic or an atheist, bearing such moniker on a public forum portrays you an an unreasonable fellow.
Merry Xmas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
donjazet:

I would really advice you to change your moniker. One is addressed as he is dressed and it's very stupid of you to display such obnoxious intolerance. Whether you're agnostic or an atheist, bearing such moniker on a public forum portrays you an an unreasonable fellow.
Merry Xmas.

cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2431) (2432) (2433) (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StarchAndBanga and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.