Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10538947 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
coogar:

still fine margins.

same number of shots on target - same number of corners.
the only facet of the game that bayern dominated was fouling madrid players
to upset their flow of the game.

real madrid won 2-1 on the night!
bayern did not dominate the game.
in the end, aggregate of the tie was 3-3.

Fine margin is when you in all stats Bayern bested Madrid at home

Corner kicks 5-5

Attacks 41-52

Big chances 2-3

Surely you need Alomo for intravenous
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Fine margin is when you in all stats Bayern bested Madrid at home

Corner kicks 5-5

Attacks 41-52

Big chances 2-3

Surely you need Alomo for intravenous

these stats don't suggest dominance unless you dunno what the word means.
look at barca-chelsea tie - that's dominance.

what's big chances? attacks?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
coogar:

these stats don't suggest dominance unless you dunno what the word means.
look at barca-chelsea tie - that's dominance.

what's big chances? attacks?

Go and ask UEFA what big chances they wrote on their website mean

Is Barca Chelsea the only kind of dominance that exist?

Tyson beat an opponent to death

Tyson beats an opponent to coma

So we can say since he didnt beat the other to death that wasnt domination
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Go and ask UEFA what big chances they wrote on their website mean

Is Barca Chelsea the only kind of dominance that exist?

Tyson beat an opponent to death

Tyson beats an opponent to coma

So we can say since he didnt beat the other to death that wasnt domination

you're a buffoon!
so one chance more than your opponent in a tie and you're dominant?
you need a shrink!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by medjai(m): 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
BlueDiva:

It's funny when people criticize sitting back and hitting on the break.
As far as i'm concerned, doing that successfully takes a lot of tactical ingenuity.

It takes a good tactician to figure out a way of beating Barca.
What is anti-football there?

Chelsea don't play that way always, we had to dig deep into the bag to bring out a plan to beat Barca.
If Pep was a decent manager he would have come out with a strategy to counter Chelsea, after all he knew we were going to play that way.

To say that Barca will rather play in a certain way at the detriment of winning is bollocks.
Thankfully, teams are beginning to get used to their style of play now.
You're still asking what anti-football is? If every team put their men behind the ball, sat back and defended like Chelsea did, who would do the playing? The football y'all played was vomit inducing and considering how much money Abrahomovic has pumped into this team, "it's a fucking disgrace" like Drogba would say.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:31pm On Apr 27, 2012
BlueDiva:
It's funny when people criticize sitting back and hitting on the break.
As far as i'm concerned, doing that successfully takes a lot of tactical ingenuity.

tactical ingenuity? it's called surrendering.
whilst it would be hailed in england and other countries - it would provoke the white flag in spain.

It takes a good tactician to figure out a way of beating Barca.
What is anti-football there?

the spaniards consider it anti-football.
it's not like they don't have people who would take shots from 40 yards or rely on set-pieces to score.
the fact is such cowardice way of playing football is unacceptable in spain.

Chelsea don't play that way always, we had to dig deep into the bag to bring out a plan to beat Barca.
If Pep was a decent manager he would have come out with a strategy to counter Chelsea, after all he knew we were going to play that way.

pep is a world class manager. his records speak for itself. the club he manages play with a certain
philosophy and pep would not sacrifice that philosophy in the name of winning a game. how's that hard to understand?

To say that Barca will rather play in a certain way at the detriment of winning is bollocks.
Thankfully, teams are beginning to get used to their style of play now.

this is why many consider you an odious observer.
under pep, when has guardiola played any other way apart from tiki-taka?

even with few mins to play and elimination imminent, barcelona did not alter how they were playing.
they kept passing it n passing it hoping there would be an opening. they could have done it the stoke way too but to what end?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2012
El Guapo: Thats Ibime's Bestman! cheesy

Only goes to prove what Ive been saying all season long. . . Ramires is only good for running from the wings.

Since RDM took over, Ramires has not played central midfield for one minute. . . better central midfielders are doing the job.

Like I've said several times, Ramires best position is on the wings.

Ramires could not make that Lampard pass in a million years. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by codedguy1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
Blue Diva who had lost hope and felt Barca would demolish her team is now talking about chelsea packing the bus against barca as tactical ingenuity.

Hindsight is really a B1tch. Even talking about a certain Barca playing in a certain way. SMH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
Ibime:

Only goes to prove what Ive been saying all season long. . . Ramires is only good for running from the wings.

Since RDM took over, Ramires has not played central midfield for one minute. . . better central midfielders are doing the job.

Like I've said several times, Ramires best position is on the wings.

Ramires could not make that Lampard pass in a million years. . .

and neither lampard nor drogba would score that ramires goal in a billion years.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:12pm On Apr 27, 2012
coogar:

and neither lampard nor drogba would score that ramires goal in a billion years.

they've scored much better.

Ask Barca about Lamps goal at the Nou Camp few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-yAUTtRWBg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
Ibime:

they've scored much better.

Ask Barca about Lamps goal at the Nou Camp few years ago.

this yeye goal in comparison to that ramirez's goal @ nou camp?
a man down, 2 goals down and he already knew he won't be playing in the final.
then the technique, the exact weight on the ball to chip and dip before entering the net?

ibime - this is why majority of the posters here think you are a fat imbecil[i]e[/i]!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 12:31am On Apr 28, 2012
coogar:

you're a buffoon!
so one chance more than your opponent in a tie and you're dominant?
you need a shrink!

11 more attacks, 8% lead in possesion. If thats not domination then what is?

You need Gurumaharaji
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 12:38am On Apr 28, 2012
coogar:

tactical ingenuity? it's called surrendering.
whilst it would be hailed in england and other countries - it would provoke the white flag in spain.

Jose played his first few classicos in that exact manner and still didnt get any white handkerchief
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 28, 2012
LOL. . .look at them criticizing.
Chelsea is in the final and not Barca, that's all that matters.

With all the free flowing football played in Spain, the English league still shits on the Spanish league.

Anti- football my foot. There is no such thing as anti-football.
What sense is there in playing free flowing game against Barca and conceding 8 goals?

Figure out a way to beat your opponent as long as it is done fairly.
All is fair in love and war.

Blue Diva who had lost hope and felt Barca would demolish her team is now talking about chelsea packing the bus against barca as tactical ingenuity.

Hindsight is really a B1tch. Even talking about a certain Barca playing in a certain way. SMH

Yes, i never thought we would beat Barca in a million years.
I underestimated the ingenuity of RDM and overestimated the football sense of Pep tongue

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2012
In two years, Tito Villanova will be being hyped for the Chelsea job.

Barca makes the manager, not the other way round.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2012
Disturbing news that Cahill may be out of the final with his hamstring.

Who will handle Mario Gomez aerial threat?

Guys, lets pray for Cahill's quick recovery.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2012
dayokanu:

11 more attacks, 8% lead in possesion. If thats not domination then what is?

You need Gurumaharaji

attacks like shooting haphazardly from 20 yards? that's domination?
dayo - go and sit down. stop bigging up rubbish. bayern won via penalty shoot-out.
the aggregate was 3-3. you no sabi jack for football.

i heard you were arguing the other night that torres was offside and his
goal shouldn't have counted. is it true?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisical(m): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2012
Marko Marin?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:33pm On Apr 28, 2012
I am not enthused by our signing of Marko Marin - with Lukaku going on loan in opposite direction.

Dayo,

What do you reckon of Marin's progress in the last 2 years. He has not come on as expected IMO.

I've never liked the guy - too small, gets bullied off the ball, and doesnt make the difference in the final third. However, looking at the price - £7m, its not too bad.

If we can isolate him in space where defenders cannot physically impose him, he can be more effective.

Fingers crossed, he will do better at Chelsea.

Dayo, please give us the final word on this signing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:33pm On Apr 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Jose played his first few classicos in that exact manner and still didnt get any white handkerchief

dayokanu, stop embarrassing yourself.
jose's first classico ended up in a disaster, he lost 5-0 and he did not deploy catenaccio.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2012
Good to know that Lukaku will not waste on the bench next season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2012
Ibime: I am not enthused by our signing of Marko Marin - with Lukaku going on loan in opposite direction.

Dayo,

What do you reckon of Marin's progress in the last 2 years. He has not come on as expected IMO.

I've never liked the guy - too small, gets bullied off the ball, and doesnt make the difference in the final third. However, looking at the price - £7m, its not too bad.

If we can isolate him in space where defenders cannot physically impose him, he can be more effective.

Marin is a player that has stagnated over the years, He is one of the teenage sensation but without a well developed football brain, He is pacy he takes on players Only Gotze can match his dribbling abilities but his decision making is still teenage.

But since he would be only 7m I dont see anything wrong in the move, Since he would be a bench warmer and comes in to provide width in those drab games, He has the potential to cause problems in some static games where everyone is playing drab football
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2012
Ibime: I am not enthused by our signing of Marko Marin - with Lukaku going on loan in opposite direction.

Dayo,

marko marin is a brilliant player on playstation. one of my most trusted foot soldiers when it comes to the crunch.
yes, he's a lightweight but so are david silva and juan mata and we know how those spaniards turned out in the english league.
i think marin is talented but he hasn't reached the dizzying heights of 2010 when he was playing alongside mesut ozil.
he cannot be worse than malouda/kalou - i would say he's a very good acquisition.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2012
coogar:

marko marin is a brilliant player on playstation. one of my most trusted foot soldiers when it comes to the crunch.
yes, he's a lightweight but so are david silva and juan mata and we know how those spaniards turned out in the english league.
i think marin is talented but he hasn't reached the dizzying heights of 2010 when he was playing alongside mesut ozil.
he cannot be worse than malouda/kalou - i would say he's a very good acquisition.

Size is not an issue.

The likes of Messi, David Silva and Mata hustle tenaciously on the ball despite their size.

Marin just gets swatted off the ball like a fly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nastydamus(m): 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2012
Meanwhile, Wigan Athletic seem to be drubbing Newcastle. shocked shocked grin
We might not need the UCL trophy (not that we don't want it o) to secure a champs league spot next season, considering the fact that Newcastle still need to play Chelsea and Man City.
The match is only about 50 minutes gone though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nastydamus(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2012
52 mins: Wigan 4 - 0 Newcastle tongue tongue tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2012
Ibime:

Size is not an issue.

The likes of Messi, David Silva and Mata hustle tenaciously on the ball despite their size.

Marin just gets swatted off the ball like a fly.

I am not too worried about the size sef.

But the guy just doesnt make right decisions with the balls either runs too much or hold the ball for too long
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2012
dayokanu:

I am not too worried about the size sef.

But the guy just doesnt make right decisions with the balls either runs too much or hold the ball for too long

i would say the same for nani as well. would you then say nani is not talented?
marin cannot be worse than malouda/kalou so he's a plus.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2012
Hmmm...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 29, 2012
The gods seem to be favouring RDM.
Newcastle has been spanked, the ball is our court.

I say win all the remaining fixtures and we might even finish 3rd.
As usual we all know Arsenal is wanked at the business end of the season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 7:06am On Apr 29, 2012
BlueDiva: The gods seem to be favouring RDM.
Newcastle has been spanked, the ball is our court.

I say win all the remaining fixtures and we might even finish 3rd.
As usual we all know Arsenal is wanked at the business end of the season.

Dream on Diva! grin grin

RDM may have done well in Europe but his record in the league is even worse than AVB in terms of both performance and results. Chelsea have even slipped form 5th to 6th under Di Matteo's guidance.

(H) Stoke 1-0
(A) Man City 1-2
(H) Tottenham 0-0
(A) Aston Villa 4-2
(H) Wigan 2-1
(A) Fulham 1-1
(A) Arsenal 0-0

Chelsea were pretty rubbish in ALL these games and have 42% win ratio compared to AVB's 48% cheesy

If you want to make top-four, bring AVB back!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jskelly11, iamoyindamola(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.