Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? (1263 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by LogicMind: 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2012
I mean i have everything i need. Why would i want to complicate my life by going to church, praying, giving thites and more other hypocrisies?
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by Joagbaje(m): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2012
Logic Mind:

didn't i just tell you i have everything i want?

What about your soul?

Mark 8:36-37
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

1 Like

Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by LogicMind: 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2012
Joagbaje:

What about your soul?

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

i already have my soul.
question is what do i gain that i don't already have?
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by Snowwy: 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2012
Abundant and Eternal Life
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by buzugee(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2012
Logic Mind: I mean i have everything i need. Why would i want to complicate my life by going to church, praying, giving thites and more other hypocrisies?
you will gain your sanity which you are currently bereft of. grin

seriously though ? ermmm you gain nothing by following religion
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by ijawkid(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2012
@bÙzugee.....
Do u use a bb
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by buzugee(m): 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2012
ijawkid: @bÙzugee.....
Do u use a bb
sup my brethren ijawkid, trust all is well with you brother. nah i aint on that bb craze grin never had one, probably never will. who knows right lol
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by LogicMind: 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2012
Snowwy: Abundant and Eternal Life

i don't want eternal life. this one is already too long. (and abundant)
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by Image123(m): 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
@OP, Forgiveness of sins and Eternal Life.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by LogicMind: 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2012
Image123: @OP, Forgiveness of sins and Eternal Life.

i don't sin and don't want eternal life.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by Ngwakwe: 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2012
@Logic Mind
Don't try becoming a Christian but in your heart of heart say this:
Jesus, I believe you died to set me free from sin, I accept you as my Lord and personal saviour. Please forgive my trespasses and from now henceforth lead my life and guide my soul through your Holy Spirit, Amen.

If you do this sincerely you will witness incomprehensible joy in your soul as evidence of your Salvation.

It happened to me not under compulsion by anybody but needed inner peace.

Just do it and testify.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by Image123(m): 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2012
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by harakiri(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
Logic Mind:

didn't i just tell you i have everything i want?

ROFLMAO grin grin cheesy
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by ea7(m): 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2012
dunno about gaining but you lose 50 Iq points by default.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by harakiri(m): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
Joagbaje:

What about your soul?

What is a "soul"? Do you have one? Have you "gained" one? What does it look like? Define exactly what a "soul" really is in your own terms.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by harakiri(m): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
ea7: dunno about gaining but you lose 50 Iq points by default.

Wicked!!! grin grin cheesy
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by ijawkid(m): 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2012
Lol@buzugee....

We need chat small...make we discuss some issues....

Oya nak me ur email make we chat on yahoo........

Mine is jboy2jboy@yahoo.com
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by God2man(m): 11:02am On Apr 23, 2012
I disagree with the owner of this thread, how can you say you have everything? Are you deceiving us that you don't have any problem or you are not facing any challenges in life, i believe that it is an error.
However, when you give your life to christ, the first thing you gain is eternal life , that is when you die, your name is written in the book of life, you will be counted among the redeemed of the Lord.
The peace of God which cannot be described, the one that is beyond your understanding will flow into your heart.
There will be a great change in the spiritual realm, you have been moved from the Kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light, that is you have been reposioned to obtain victory over every works of darkness, through the power in the name of Jesus and the blood of the lamb.
God will send his angel to guide you and protect you in all your ways.
When you begin to work for the expansion of the kingdom of God on earth, God will rain his blessing on you, not only that you now have the privilege to ask God anything you want in prayer and he will answer you according to his will. God bless you. God2man.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by LogicMind: 12:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
God2man: I disagree with the owner of this thread, how can you say you have everything? Are you deceiving us that you don't have any problem or you are not facing any challenges in life, i believe that it is an error.
However, when you give your life to christ, the first thing you gain is eternal life , that is when you die, your name is written in the book of life, you will be counted among the redeemed of the Lord.
The peace of God which cannot be described, the one that is beyond your understanding will flow into your heart.
There will be a great change in the spiritual realm, you have been moved from the Kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light, that is you have been reposioned to obtain victory over every works of darkness, through the power in the name of Jesus and the blood of the lamb.
God will send his angel to guide you and protect you in all your ways.
When you begin to work for the expansion of the kingdom of God on earth, God will rain his blessing on you, not only that you now have the privilege to ask God anything you want in prayer and he will answer you according to his will. God bless you. God2man.

I said i have everything I need.
Oh! Life in itself is a challenge. I handle my problems myself; better than any unseen god could ever.
The rest of your post are either things i don't want or things that make no sense.

pray harder.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by brainpulse: 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2012
Logic Mind: I mean i have everything i need. Why would i want to complicate my life by going to church, praying, giving thites and more other hypocrisies?

Its like you just needed attention. And you got it LO.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by angayejuni: 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2012
Logic Mind:

i already have my soul.
question is what do i gain that i don't already have?
Đǿń 'ț be Å fool God owns ur soul. The bible tells of the foolish farm who said ♓ε was resposible for his soul . As much as i am not perfect but i acknlowledge God for my life. I have nothing but God
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by Image123(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2012
angayejuni: Đǿń 'ț be Å fool God owns ur soul. The bible tells of the foolish farm who said ♓ε was resposible for his soul . As much as i am not perfect but i acknlowledge God for my life. I have nothing but God
Don't say "Don't be a fool", instead say "You're a foolish fool".
"The FOOL says in his heart, "There is no God". They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good." (Psalms 14:1).
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by milkme(m): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
To be a Christian is to be Christ-like,if u are not,then all u think u have will be fuel for 'ur abode in Hell fire soon.May God deliver u from spiritual blindness.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by LogicMind: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2012
angayejuni: Đǿń 'ț be Å fool God owns ur soul. The bible tells of the foolish farm who said ♓ε was resposible for his soul . As much as i am not perfect but i acknlowledge God for my life. I have nothing but God

you still haven't answered the question.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by LogicMind: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2012
milkme: To be a Christian is to be Christ-like,if u are not,then all u think u have will be fuel for 'ur abode in Hell fire soon.May God deliver u from spiritual blindness.

you still haven't answered the question.
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2012
You have absolutely nothing to gain but a lot of things to lose, starting from 10% of your income, your sense of reasoning, like my guy ea7 said '50 IQ points by default' grin
Re: What Will I Gain By Becoming A Christian? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
you will gain [size=16pt]SALIVATION[/size].

[img][/img]

(1) (Reply)

Religious Dog / Who Is The Most Humble Servant Of God You 've Ever Seen ? / Is The Invention Of COMPUTERS Satanic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.