Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Can Anything Original Come Out Of China - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Anything Original Come Out Of China (536 Views)

Black Monday: Great Fall Of China Sinks World Stocks, Dollar Tumbles / Think Of Doing Business? Think Of China! / Beware Of China! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Anything Original Come Out Of China by ebamma(m): 7:07am On Apr 23, 2012
i was in an argument with a friend that i have not seen anything original produced by the chinese except essential balm,but he told me that china produce goods according to a buyers prescription, and i asked me if this igbo importers didn't see them produce substandard goods,why will the order them to do same, i bought a china phone and it did not last 4 even two month and started developing faults.The chinese know that the only way to compete with american and european manufacturers is by manufacturing cheap and substandard goods that can easily be sold to africans(especially nigerians),because the know that we value price over quality.
Re: Can Anything Original Come Out Of China by chrishenzo: 8:55am On Apr 23, 2012
Before you asked such question,you need to check the back of any iphone. You will see something like "Design in Us; manufactured in China" You need to check where they manufacture the iphone, ipad, phone accessories you are using. Most of car companies are located in China.

Most of the Italian shoes are all made in China. Check how many manufacturing companies in USA now. Most of them have their companies in China.

You friend is right. China manufacture original but the problem is that most of the importers, in order to make profit ask them for low quality. But even if the importers import the original products, many people will still prefer the low quality since it can do almost the same thing that original ones do.

Regarding the case of importers(don't make your poster look childish by mentioning Igbos alone) in Nigeria, the problem is that the government don't regulate the quality of the goods one can import.

Don't put the complete blame on the Chinese. You should also blame the sellers, buyers, and users.

(1) (Reply)

Golden Opportunity / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! / Have A Great Business Plan Or Creative Concept But No Capital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.