Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Chinese TV Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese TV Phones (7516 Views)

How A Chinese Billionaire (village girl) Built Her Fortune / Chinese Mobile Phone Company Tecno Explains Why It Only Does Business In Africa / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese TV Phones by dragnet: 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2007
If u're truly surprisd then u dnt knw Nigeria dt much, M0st of d latest stufz ( I didnt say all) are br0ught ova here 'c0s they knw us to0 wel ! An extravagnt Nigerian wuld 0wez wnt 2 b in t0uch wt d latest stufz either clean ,ho0k or cro0k, An average Nigerian wuldnt mind saving half of his pay 4 a few m0nths in order 2 gt d feel to0 . . . . So either way there wuld 0wez be buyerz as long as d pr0duct is available & they knw abt it !, Remembr Govern0r Alameiseigha's wristwatch ?
Re: Chinese TV Phones by memento: 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2007
could you believe that when i brought my chinese TV phone to SA it was eyepopping. I instantly sold it for R1500 (used) i.e about N30k. You should know that was how Taiwan was initialy critisicised. The phones may not have upgradable operating system, they didnt produce it to be smart phones (not all phones are smart phones) its a multimedia phone and it sure live up to its purpose. Its all over ebay, not only in niger. Kudos to chinese on these ones jare.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by dragnet: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
All they need do is impr0ve n brand it .& they g0na c0s cha0s 4 our dear f0ne companies
Re: Chinese TV Phones by texazzpete(m): 12:18am On Nov 17, 2007
Jokes apart.
the mere fact that these phones are a knock-off of established brands (Nokia) means they aren't officially supported by any Chinese authority. And that means the phones are made with slave labour.
That's why i can never buy a phone like that. TV and dual-sim support may be fine, but i DO have a conscience, and i'll be damned if i sell out for TV on the go.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by kollyp2000(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2007
I bought one and found it good. It has drropped several times and has not died. The TV reception is clear and it came in handy the other day when my wife wanted to watch Catalina and Sebastine and we were held up in a traffic jam. Mine has a USB port and I connect directly to my laptop for downloading and even recharging the phone. I think it'a nice effort from the Chinese. Maybe we Nigerians can take up a challenge to develop the features of the phone better.

I agree totally with Nuru, My boss is using one here, and it is really good, we used to see football match on it
Re: Chinese TV Phones by destiny111: 11:20am On Nov 17, 2007
I HAVE A PLOT OF LAND @ KABALA WEST , KADUNA STATE CALL ME ON THIS LINE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED 08052297640 DESTINY MOKI IS THE NAME
Re: Chinese TV Phones by topeteadr(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2007
Those phones sucks. The jerks making the phones should hv tagged an expiry date on them. The longest chinese cell phone i hv ever seen lasted up to a year and blew (BLEW). Those phones should all be thrown to d bottom of d river.
And what's up texxapete, still waiting 4 u to tell me if u hv seen a s40 phone been flashed or not.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by wham(m): 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2007
Ajoke's Chinese TV phone suddenly became mute a week ago

NO MORE SOUND cry
Re: Chinese TV Phones by kulex2k1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2007
4d 1st time tope i like ur post. U culd b cool afterall. I totally agree wit u
Re: Chinese TV Phones by texazzpete(m): 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2007
@tope
Can't remember when that challenge was tossed at me. Refresh my memory.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by dragnet: 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2007
.texazzpete. . .when u guys where talkn abt d OS of 5140 , 6500 I supp0se
Re: Chinese TV Phones by mellow(m): 9:52am On Nov 19, 2007
Chinees phones don't last more than one year cannot be flashed bla bla bla.

Lets have a Nigerian phones even if they last for one week.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Chinese TV Phones by Memunah(f): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2007
some chinese tv phones culd be terrible,a friend bought the N80i model(nokia)started aving problems within two weeks of usage.Personally i hate it wen phones have too much facilities on it.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by rowlandwhy: 11:30am On Nov 19, 2007
Memunah:

Personally i hate it when phones have too much facilities on it.
You will still hate it when phones have little or no facilities
ingrats shocked
Re: Chinese TV Phones by Memunah(f): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2007
HEY!!!What u mean?who is an ingrates?'different strokes for different folks' so u ve got no right to insult me!
Re: Chinese TV Phones by kwoseb(m): 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2007
Well, me I used my tv fone in New York and it worked, TV and radio. I tried it on my way home at Heathrow and it worked too. So what if i didnt watch Shower Hour?
cry
Re: Chinese TV Phones by Mango26(f): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2007
Why are you guys knowcking chinese tv phones now? those of us who stay for hours in traffic think its the best thing since sliced bread. i can watch tv while I wait and those who want them to set up shop, no one will set up shop here except business is booming. so, go and buy and the more we buy the earlier theuy will bring hardway and shops.
meanwhile, why are they knocking off nokia? me i no sabi.
talking about phones does anybody have info on Visafone? i hear they are coming out soon and they are smoking hot.

grin kiss grin kiss grin kiss grin kiss grin kiss grin

I agree with Kwoseb,  They are pretty good. It's just that the companies down here invest in the cheapest chinese phones, which are usually not the best quality. But naijas will buy the cheap phones and complain about the bad quality,  You get what you pay for.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by kwoseb(m): 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2007
I agree with Kwoseb, They are pretty good. It's just that the companies down here invest in the cheapest chinese phones, which are usually not the best quality. But naijas will buy the cheap phones and complain about the bad quality, You get what you pay for.

mango, well i hear Visafone will change all that. some one says they are coming with the coolest fones ever. Does anyone have any info abt them, where their office is and whether they are recruiting? A little bird says they are really paying the best right now in the telecom industry.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by Mango26(f): 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2007
mango, well i hear Visafone will change all that. some one says they are coming with the coolest fones  ever. Does anyone have any info about them, where their office is and whether they are recruiting? A little bird says they are really paying the best right now in the telecom industry.

Yeah Visafone is a new Nigerian telecoms company. I've been hearing stuff that their network  and rates are going to be better than MTN's, Glo's and Celtel. I've seen the company's sign on this red and white building along Ajose Adeogun, almost at the end of the street. So I'm guessing that's one of the offices. I suggest you try there first.  There is also an article in today's Thisday about them.   cool
Re: Chinese TV Phones by omodada1: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2007
all na risk o. the N90 wey i dey use don fall like 100 time and it still working P. i still need a recomendation for a good T.V phone to trade forex. @ sesanomodada@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Chinese TV Phones by texazzpete(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2007
@tope_teadr
Are you high? i posted that challenge. go find me a s40 phone that has been flashed to s60.

Also i hope now you've learnt the difference between s40 and s60.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by rowlandwhy: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2007
omodada1:

all na risk o. the N90 wey i dey use don fall like 100 time and it still working P. i still need a recomendation for a good T.V phone to trade forex. @ sesanomodada@yahoo.co.uk
I have  good looking and portable brand new ones  for sale. the prices goes for 22K. i have been using one of them since 5 months now no shaking, i don't mind stupid PHCN if i want to watch any programme on tele. contact me or 08063448853
Re: Chinese TV Phones by Appearance(m): 12:27am On Nov 20, 2007
None of my phones has ever lasted over a year, so its no big deal.

Bought one of these sleek phones in march and fell in love with it.

Just compare the price with probably a Nokia N75 (that has no guarantee of not malfunctioning) in its first year.

Men I'll rather change my phone thrice in three years than stick to an old expensive one that long.

My phone has hit the floor about four times but still responds fine after being pieced together.

My only problem is their lack of confidence in marketing their product under their brand name. They have nothing to fear because Nigerians have come to like their products.

The era of only some highly paid dudes in their expensive cars carrying expensive looking phones have gone, even our house maid now uses a replica of Nokia N70
Re: Chinese TV Phones by texazzpete(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2007
Appearance:

The era of only some highly paid dudes in their expensive cars carrying expensive looking phones have gone, even our house maid now uses a replica of Nokia N70

um. . .some of us use those phones not for appearance but for the features. I use a HTC TyTN and it leaves this crapware phone dead in the water. i don't need to watch TV on the go, and i have far more use for my time than squinting at a dodgy phone's screen in holdup.

to each his own, sha. Most naijans can spot a fake phone a long way off.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by slimes(m): 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2007
dat fone na rubbish
Re: Chinese TV Phones by kosovo(m): 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2007
they are all bleeped.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by FBI3: 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2007
destiny, i need a land pls at kabala doki, can u pls help me with one
Re: Chinese TV Phones by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:03am On Nov 26, 2007
@topic
i won't advice anyone to go for china phones, abeg just save money and buy an original phone that your sure it would last and it comes with an international warranty.
Re: Chinese TV Phones by goodterry: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2007
hi , we are an exporter of mobilephones from China, such as brand name, tv mobile, dual models and low end, if you are interested in mobile phones, you can contact us , thanks, my email is customerbusiness@yahoo.com, mobilephone is 0086+13951625821
Re: Chinese TV Phones by alphabbey1(m): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2020
Good thread. Old but Gold
Re: Chinese TV Phones by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 08, 2020
Pretty cool n handy stuff!

I Used one years ago & it lasted for over 4 years.
Thumbs up to indusrious china.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OUKITEL K4000 Discussion Thread | The Strongest Phone Of 2015 | 4000mAh / How To Get Free 920MB Or 750mb / Jelly Bean 4.2.2 For Tecno N7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.