Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Everyone Who Just Sat For JAMB Or WASCE... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Everyone Who Just Sat For JAMB Or WASCE... (1163 Views)

Please If You Are Writing "JAMB" Or You Have Someone Writing. Read This / I Sat For WASSCE Six Times –anthonia, DELSU First Class Graduate (photo) / All Those Who Sat For 2009/2010 Sbrs ABU FUNTUA Should Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Who Just Sat For JAMB Or WASCE... by infolpf: 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2012
... What the HELL IS WRONG WITH Y'ALL?

Only 2 students in the entire Nation scored above 300 points? Last year, 75% failure rate in WASCE? Whats worse is that this seems acceptable to some. Why are we not screaming at the top of our voices? Holding "Occupy Nigerian Education" sessions? Look around you and see the evidence of half literate people being churned out by schools. I read through this forum, I see letters written by so-called graduates, I hear the spoken English, and more importantly, see the lack of work ethic, the abject lack of logical reasoning in everyday activities. It used to be funny. Now my heart bleeds. My eyes have runout of tears. I am outraged!

Please make no mistake, I am not suggesting that there is a lack of intelligence, yes we do have some really intelligent kids - however, intelligence without a properly rounded education is like a piece of paper on a wall. You might as well roll it up and wipe your butts with it. Useless certifications! Also, please do not give the usual victim excuses about "our schools are bad, our teachers dont show up". What about all the students at the elitist private schools? Do they not sit for the same exams? How many of them scored above 300?

What the hell is the matter with our students? Our educational system?? Our teachers Our parents? Our freaking government??
Where do we even begin to fix this problem? Damn.
Re: Everyone Who Just Sat For JAMB Or WASCE... by LadyAdorable: 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
so what is ur msg?
Re: Everyone Who Just Sat For JAMB Or WASCE... by infolpf: 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2012
The message is written in clear, plain English sweetheart.
Re: Everyone Who Just Sat For JAMB Or WASCE... by LadyAdorable: 8:24am On Apr 25, 2012
info@lpf:
The message is written in clear, plain English sweetheart.
oh i see dear but i ask again where is the msg in your story,hmm?
Re: Everyone Who Just Sat For JAMB Or WASCE... by infolpf: 10:39am On Apr 25, 2012
Lady Adorable: oh i see dear but i ask again where is the msg in your story,hmm?

Story?
A story is a narrative of events, fictional or real. What you see above is an editorial at best, an opinion, at worst.
LOL. Apparently you are part of the problem with the failure of the Nigerian educational system. Perhaps this is why you seem to be on the defensive.

The results are appalling, have been for several years now. The state of things with our youth is a direct reflection of the larger society, and WE HAVE ALL FAILED. Pretending like there is no problem or attempting cosmetic fixes is in large part why we are at a 25% pass rate.

This is a classic example of "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". A couple of decades ago, before all the experimenting with our educational system (6-3-3-4 etc) began, Nigeria had consistently some of the best results in the region. I am a proud product of Professor Babs Fafunwa's (RIP) tutorial college, FOUCOS, over 2 decades ago. Back then, we had an unspoken contest to see how many of us would score above 380 points. Most of us did, thanks to Mr Akpan, Mr Williams and the old staff and crew. Thanks to parents who cared about more than the acquisition of wealth and symbols of wealth. Most of us ended up in great schools in Nigeria and abroad, and were able to compete with the best of the best (That, by the way, is what you call a Story). Now kids are dwelling in failure and mediocrity, going on about scores of 242 and 263. Guys, in a four subject exam, that represents an average score of 60%. That is failure in any language. Wake up. Stop going on about TOEFL and SAT's, trying to transfer that mediocrity to a different country. If you don't take your studies and your future seriously in Nigeria, why would the visa officer at the American embassy consider you an asset to their country?

I shall now get off my soap box. Peace.
Re: Everyone Who Just Sat For JAMB Or WASCE... by LadyAdorable: 11:59am On Apr 25, 2012
now i c u are angry,passionately angry,i can see that. I lv to see peopl passionate abt somthing. D truth be told i agree wt u on evrytn u said in ur last post,i didnt actualy blv ther r ppl out there dat also unstnds d problm wt our blovd Nigeria. I totaly agree with u but there is a question i always ask my friends and family when they get so passionately angry abt d rotten Nigeria: DO U PROMISE ME U WIL MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEN U BECOME A PART OF THE GOVERNMENT? ARE YOU SURE U WILL NOT JOIN THEM? Bravo bro, u r one of d sane left nigerians,d rest are either insane or not concernd.

(1) (Reply)

Uniben 2012/2013 POST-UTME(UME) Full Application Procedure / Unizik Post Graduate Form On Sale. / Hnaub Students Lets Hook Up Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.