Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,706 members, 7,865,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:09 AM

... The Glory I Had With You ... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ... The Glory I Had With You ... (651 Views)

I Had This Very Fearful Dream! / Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? / Shiloh 2011 "waves Of Glory" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... The Glory I Had With You ... by Alylola: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
Hello everyone!

huh...there's an interesting verse in John 17 that says:

5 "And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."

Here, Jesus is asking God to glorify him with the glory he used to have long time ago before the world began shocked why only the glory he had before the world began? does that mean that since the world began to the time Jesus spoke in this verse, Jesus has not been glorified like he used to be before the world began? where were that glory and Jesus himself all that time?
Re: ... The Glory I Had With You ... by vincent1234: 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
wow. that's a good insight into that verse . i never thought of it that way . But i believe Jesus was always there with God the Father in glory before the world began so that may be what Jesus was referencing.
Nice thread smiley
Re: ... The Glory I Had With You ... by tpia5: 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
nice verse.
Re: ... The Glory I Had With You ... by Goshen360(m): 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
When you deal with John Gospel, you have to be prepared for some heavy study of mysterious and powerful statements that you have to break down in order to understand it. I will expand that single verse by tomorrow when I wake up, God willing but before then, kindly do some work by yourself if you will get it as I give you the key to understand that verse. If you don't get it, we will look at it together tomorrow. Okay. The key to understand this very verse is tied in the previous verse, verse 4. So go back to verse 4 and tie it to 5. See if you can solve the mystery. I will be back tomorrow friends.

(1) (Reply)

God Wants To Make His Home In Us / Zim Pastors Says ‘TB Joshua Is Not Welcome In Zimbabwe’ / God Will Prove To You Today That He Has Not Forgotten You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.