Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Mark Returns From Medical Trip, Says He Is Moved By Love From Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Returns From Medical Trip, Says He Is Moved By Love From Nigerians. (1601 Views)

David Mark Returns To Benue To Meet A Rousing Welcome From Supporters / President Buhari's 90 Yr Old Supporter Returns From Medical Trip Abroad ..photos / Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Returns From Medical Trip, Says He Is Moved By Love From Nigerians. by tyson55(m): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
Senate President David Mark returned to Nigeria on Wednesday after a trip to Israel for medical treatment.

Mark left the country on April 14 for medical treatment in Tel Aviv, Israel.

Speaking to newsmen on his arrival at the airport with his wife, Helen, Mark said he was moved emotionally by the show of love and support from Nigerians.

“First of all, let me just thank Nigerians and thank God that I am back and I am as fit as a fiddle. I got so many phone calls whilst I was there.

“The Senate consistently remembered me in its prayers as well as the House of Representatives, the President and his wife.

“When I couldn't answer calls, text messages came in from all Nigerians and I am simply moved by the show of love that Nigerians have demonstrated.”

He was received at the airport by the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, the Ministers of Interior, Mr Abba Moro and Water resources, Mrs Sarah Ochekpe.

Others who also received him at the airport were the Minister of State, Trade and Investment, Mr Samuel Ortom, the Israeli Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Moshe Ram, some senators, friends and well wishers. (NAN)

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/apr/26/326.html
Re: Mark Returns From Medical Trip, Says He Is Moved By Love From Nigerians. by White007(m): 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
He he he he.... I laugh in Swahili. Did David Mark really said "moved by love from Nigerians"?
Re: Mark Returns From Medical Trip, Says He Is Moved By Love From Nigerians. by Callotti: 5:16am On Apr 27, 2012
Glad to know that Nairaland Nigerians are only h-internet noise-makers!
Mu he he he he he he
Re: Mark Returns From Medical Trip, Says He Is Moved By Love From Nigerians. by djcmeon39(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2012
the next delibration at nass will be how much money will be allocated for thanksgivin service including the members allowances for attendance

(1) (Reply)

Seun When Are You Going To Collect National Award In Nigeria? / Urban development: Ogun plans 37,000-hectare new town / So Our President Cant Kiss?with Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.