Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1144799 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) ... (1822) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

Nacho is the major reason we lost against barka and Chelsea, he wouldn’t even get any better with age, at this stage I don’t mind having a castilla guy replace him. After all Alaba would be 30 soon

It is the lack of minutes for the Rafa Marin guy that worries me. He can go out on loan next season and if he proves quality (like Diego Llorente back then) he can come back as a future CB. If not, he can't play for us. We don't need another pretender like Vallejo, Mayoral and Mariano in our squad just because of the "youth player" tag.

Hope you get me?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 11:05am On Apr 17, 2022
GoddyOra:

Nah, I will like us to get Rudiger for free. Man is tall, solid and kinda rough. If he comes we can switch Mili and Rudi as CBs, with Alaba at LB in tough games.

Nacho starting as a LB is a no no for me against quality wingers (see dembele vs Nacho or Neymar vs Nacho).

What do you think about that Vinicius Tobias boy as 2nd Choice RB next season? Can he wrestle Calvajah's back-up spot from Lord Vazquez any time soon?

I don’t really fancy this rudiger guy, yes he’s coming for free, but his salary is quite huge + he’s 29.

I’d rather prefer we go for a younger cb like bastoni or pau torres.

As for Tobias, he trained with the first team on Friday, hopefully he comes good
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

I don’t really fancy this rudiger guy, yes he’s coming for free, but his salary is quite huge + he’s 29.

I’d rather prefer we go for a younger cb like bastoni or pau torres.

As for Tobias, he trained with the first team on Friday, hopefully he comes good

If Papa Perez ready to spend 60m+ on Bastoni or Pau, me sef will prefer them to Rudiger (better ball playing CBs).

It's the free transfer of Rudiger that interest me. We give him a four years contract of 400K per week. Same deal with Alaba last summer, both were 29.

Rudiger at 29 still has 4-5 years of top football left in him if he continues to stay injury-free and keep his form.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2022
GoddyOra:

Nacho... Devvy wants him gone when we are thin at the back. That man can retire at our club for all I care. He earns low, doesn't complain about little playing time, understands his role and a true madridsta.

Let's get quality defenders before any suggestion of chasing the few we got.

Read your post i quoted. Is Mendy not a left back? Mendy is our first choice left back currently and he is quite good.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 11:32am On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

At this rate, he is not worthy of putting on a Madrid jersey, after back-to-back disaster performances he put up against Barca & Chelsea, Rafa Marin should be our fourth choice CB.

I just pray ocampos ends up having a bad day today, since nacho looks likely to play the lb position

Nacho has served us well as a back up defender and he is more than worthy to put on the Madrid shirt. Name it, centre back, left back and right back he has played them all when first choice are not available. Haba mana

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by ALEXAPLAYME: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
monerozi5590:

Read your post i quoted. Is Mendy not a left back? Mendy is our first choice left back currently and he is quite good.
Defensively Mendy is good but offensively he's very poor
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by ALEXAPLAYME: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
Purpl3:

we can convert Mendy to CB if we don't get any new CB, I think he would fair better there than he is at LB
I have this before Mendy should be converted to a CB. if we can get Theo Hernandez, bring back reguilon or promote Miguel I will be very happy.
Miguel has played less game this season with the first team but he still has more assist than Mendy.

With the modern day fullbacks in football rn Mendy is poor. He can't cross to shoot is another problem for him
Just Look at guys like Robertson, cresswell, cancelo, Hernandez.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
You mean used to be. Bro has not improved rather its getting worse.

At least we have seen what Dani and Marcelo and Nacho and others have done over time. Just a few games performance and he suddenly is nose diving in skills, ability. He has lost attacking sense. is loosing midfield brain. We should not wait till he becomes a defensive liability. before calling him to order or shipping him to another role or outta the club

hopefulLandlord:

Mendy is capable LCB in a back three. there were games last season Zidane used him as one and he held his own
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
GoddyOra:

grin grin embarassed grin grin
See as them floor "Zinedane" Mendy. His dribbling at the back dey cause heart attacks but sometimes it gives me joy too embarassed

Maybe we should put pictures of Courtois at the opponents back post to help him realise and do those magic in the opposition half

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2022
monerozi5590:

Okay yeah I misunderstood you initially.
I meant we should get a replacement for Marcelo (as our LB back-up) if Miguel Guiterrez aka Guti (our castilla lad) doesn't step up his quality next season.

Mendy position as our number one LB is certain.
Na about the back-up options I dey talk about in my initial post, we don't need Nacho to be Mendy's back-up after Marcelo farewell.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

Camavinga??

Camavinga that came on for kroos and played more as a box-to-box midfielder, while casemiro was still on the pitch??

Nacho was the the worse player on the pitch, his positioning was so bad, he was nowhere to be found when Alonso scored the goal that goal that was ruled-out. If he ended that game, chelsea would have qualified
Then you're talking about 2 different goals. I was talking about the Werner goal. As for the Alonso goal that was ruled by off, blaming Nacho for that is like blaming Antarctica for terrorism in Nigeria lol. just say you hate Nacho. watch the goal again. Nacho was the one that passed to Mendy and he was still one of the fastest to track back and follow Werner when Mendy had his brainfart. even at that he still had the awareness of when to leave his marker and mark the ball as he was the one that made the last ditch effort to block the second Alonso shot that found its way into the net.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
monerozi5590:

Nacho has served us well as a back up defender and he is more than worthy to put on the Madrid shirt. Name it, centre back, left back and right back he has played them all when first choice are not available. Haba mana

Nacho has served Madrid well as a backup defender, but right now, he’s not serving Madrid well.

Insisting that nacho should keep playing because of what he has done, is just like saying ASSensio should stay at Madrid because of how influential he was in the 2017 Ucl or because he scored 8 goals this season.

Nacho is a complete disaster in our defense RN, and he need to leave
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Then you're talking about 2 different goals. I was talking about the Werner goal. As for the Alonso goal that was ruled by off, blaming Nacho for that is like blaming Antarctica for terrorism in Nigeria lol. just say you hate Nacho. watch the goal again. Nacho was the one that passed to Mendy and he was still one of the fastest to track back and follow Werner when Mendy had his brainfart. even at that he still had the awareness of when to leave his marker and mark the ball as he was the one that made the last ditch effort to block the second Alonso shot that found its way into the net.

Yes he was highly responsible for Werner’s goal, wtf is a cb doing so high up in the pitch close to kante?

The camavinga you talked about was busy trying to close down on pulisic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2XnyEJc5M

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

It was carvajal, you sure say you watch the match so?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

Nacho has served Madrid well as a backup defender, but right now, he’s not serving Madrid well.

Insisting that nacho should keep playing because of what he has done, is just like saying ASSensio should stay at Madrid because of how influential he was in the 2017 Ucl or because he scored 8 goals this season.

Nacho is a complete disaster in our defense RN, and he need to leave

He is a back up defender and not a starter bro. Get it.

How many quality defender will agree to be a back defender?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

It was carvajal, you sure say you watch the match so?
Guy, you dey fall hand o! didn't you read "second Alonso shot that found its way into the net"? did the shot Carvajal blocked find it's way into the net? was it the second shot? now go watch the replay again and see who attempted to block that shot that went in
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

Yes he was highly responsible for Werner’s goal, wtf is a cb doing so high up in the pitch close to kante?

The camavinga you talked about was busy trying to close down on pulisic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2XnyEJc5M

Football is a team game. When a CB tracks and pressures upfeild it's the responsibility of a midfielder close to the zone to track back and fall into his position and cover. Camavinga was in absolute no man's land once he lost total track of Werner and put pressure on the ball having seen his CB track his man. watch the goal again and see. No doubt Nacho had a poor game but only the first goal was his fault and even that was a luckily deflected ball that found its way to mount
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
monerozi5590:

He is a back up defender and not a starter bro. Get it.

How many quality defender will agree to be a back defender?

Backup or starter, I don’t care, his brain fart nearly made us bottle a solid 3-1 away victory.

The only reason why issues were not brought up was because we qualified for the semis.

The fact that he’s not starter doesn’t mean he should be this bad
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Football is a team game. When a CB tracks and pressures upfeild it's the responsibility of a midfielder close to the zone to track back and fall into his position and cover. Camavinga was in absolute no man's land once he lost total track of Werner and put pressure on the ball having seen his CB track his man. watch the goal again and see. No doubt Nacho had a poor game but only the first goal was his fault and even that was a luckily deflected ball that found its way to mount

Man you really want to defend nacho(a cb) staying as high as Modric(an am) on the field and blame camavinga for real?? shocked shocked

We were not even in possession of the ball and this nacho guy is already in the midfield yet camavinga is the fault, really??

Abeg watch that video I posted, pulisic gave the ball straight to Werner and not mount which opened the defence.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Purpl3: 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
GoddyOra:

Nah, I will like us to get Rudiger for free. Man is tall, solid and kinda rough. If he comes we can switch Mili and Rudi as CBs, with Alaba at LB in tough games.

Nacho starting as a LB is a no no for me against quality wingers (see dembele vs Nacho or Neymar vs Nacho).

What do you think about that Vinicius Tobias boy as 2nd Choice RB next season? Can he wrestle Calvajah's back-up spot from Lord Vazquez any time soon?

The boy is an offensive Juggernaut, I see Achraf Hakimi without experience whenever I watch him play... hopefully with alot of game time he will develop his defensive positioning.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

Man you really want to defend nacho(a cb) staying as high as Modric(an am) on the field and blame camavinga for real?? shocked shocked

We were not even in possession of the ball and this nacho guy is already in the midfield yet camavinga is the fault, really??

Abeg watch that video I posted, pulisic gave the ball straight to Werner and not mount which opened the defence.

He wasn't "staying high". he pressured and tracked a player high and didn't stay but started falling back immediately
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

He wasn't "staying high". he pressured and tracked a player high and didn't stay but started falling back immediately

Guy you’re just making excuses for nacho’s failure & error.

No reasonable defender will be found so high up the pitch all in the name of “pressure”, there by leaving the defence so vulnerable.

He’s 100% responsible for werner’s goal, simply!
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Purpl3: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
ALEXAPLAYME:

I have this before Mendy should be converted to a CB. if we can get Theo Hernandez, bring back reguilon or promote Miguel I will be very happy.
Miguel has played less game this season with the first team but he still has more assist than Mendy.

With the modern day fullbacks in football rn Mendy is poor. He can't cross to shoot is another problem for him
Just Look at guys like Robertson, cresswell, cancelo, Hernandez.

I'll be the happiest man on the planet of we bring back Theo Hernandez...
Should never have even sold him, I like him more than Achraf and I like Achraf very well
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

Guy you’re just making excuses for nacho’s failure & error.

No reasonable defender will be found so high up the pitch all in the name of “pressure”, there by leaving the defence so vulnerable.

He’s 100% responsible for werner’s goal, simply!
okay
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
Purpl3:

I'll be the happiest man on the planet of we bring back Theo Hernandez...
Should never have even sold him, I like him more than Achraf and I like Achraf very well

Theo and achraf are very good, but at this stage, I think we only “need” 1 CB and 1 MF and a couple of attackers.

Hopefully next year we focus on guys like Theo.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
Purpl3:

The boy is an offensive Juggernaut, I see Achraf Hakimi without experience whenever I watch him play... hopefully with alot of game time he will develop his defensive positioning.

One thing I love about Guti is the kind of crosses he makes to the box, he had the most assist in the castilla team b4 that injury struck.

He’s so good, he can be our Arnold
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Purpl3: 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

Theo and achraf are very good, but at this stage, I think we only “need” 1 CB and 1 MF and a couple of attackers.

Hopefully next year we focus on guys like Theo.

If there is even a small opening to get him please let's take ut cry
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Purpl3: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

One thing I love about Guti is the kind of crosses he makes to the box, he had the most assist in the castilla team b4 that injury struck.

He’s so good, he can be our Arnold

I was talking about Tobias...but you're right, Guti has everything to be a legend at this club I don't know why Ancelotti binned him.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
Purpl3:

If there is even a small opening to get him please let's take ut cry

He would really fit in, considering the fact that we are going for tchoumeni. A midfield of tchoumeni, Cama and verde should allow our FB to attack high up the pitch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Searchingvictor: 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
How's tonight's match going to be?

It's a must to win
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
Devvy4:

He would really fit in, considering the fact that we are going for tchoumeni. A midfield of tchoumeni, Cama and verde should allow our FB to attack high up the pitch

This tchoumeni you are clamouring for, have you really watch him play? The way you are shaping the midfield for next season as if Casemiro, Modric and Kroos no be our players again d suprise me oh!
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Bacteria8: 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
Searchingvictor:
How's tonight's match going to be?

It's a must to win

Yes we must win. If we do win then we Don carry league 95% already... because other fixtures are easy.

But if we draw or lose tonight angry sad angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) ... (1822) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.