Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,569 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1152467 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (1824) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
monerozi5590:
FergieRaww since you brought 10 up. Please can you name ur 10 greatest Madrid players. I want to check something. Some past players might just be draged this night.

Lol i wanted to bring this Topic itself up in the nearest future but now you've asked okay!

but Top 10 based on Generally in the history of the club or only players one has watched play in Madrid?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
FergieRaww:

Lol i wanted to bring this Topic itself up in the nearest future but now you've asked okay!

but Top 10 based on Generally in the history of the club or only players one has watched play in Madrid?

Let start with the those you have watched played/playing for Madrid
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
monerozi5590:

Let start with the those you have watched played/playing for Madrid

for sake of uncertainty in my rating, my list will be in no particular order

Cristiano Ronaldo

Sergio Ramos

Zinedine Zidane

Luka Modric

Iker Casillas

Raul

Marcelo

Karim Benzema

Roberto Carlos

Xabi Alonso
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
FergieRaww:

Cristiano Ronaldo

Sergio Ramos

Zinedine Zidane

Luka Modric

Iker Casillas

Raul

Marcelo

Karim Benzema

Roberto Carlos

Xabi Alonso

But why is Xabi and Zidane above guys like Kroos, Carvajal and Casemiro?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
monerozi5590:

But why is Xabi and Zidane above guys like Kroos, Carvajal and Casemiro?

For one Xabi is the DM with more flair we wished Case is (not taking anything away from Casemiro cause i love him as a player but we all know Alonso is a better DM that can give you more going forward)

I didn't watch Zizou in his first and half season here with us but the other 3/½ i saw that Magician play for this team, i confirmed where the hype was coming from when people older than me then was talking about him (i haven't even started supporting any team then but i was amazed of such player Zizou was) ... so Kroos isn't that person

As for Carvajal, it's same reason Marcelo isn't in my top 10 is due to no space grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:54am On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

For one Xabi is the DM with more flair we wished Case is (not taking anything away from Casemiro cause i love him as a player but we all know Alonso is a better DM that can give you more going forward)

I didn't watch Zizou in his first and half season here with us but the other 3/½ i saw that Magician play for this team, i confirmed where the hype was coming from when people older than me then was talking about him (i haven't even started supporting any team then but i was amazed of such player Zizou was) ... so Kroos isn't that person

As for Carvajal, it's same reason Marcelo isn't in my top 10 is due to no space grin

Alonso as a lone DM is a disaster. Even Mourinho didn't trust him there. Maybe when Casemiro leaves you will start appreciating him.

Zidane spent five seasons with us. His last three seasons were shit. The team was horrible.

Bale had more successful Madrid career than Zidane in all areas. But no Bale in ur list
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:59am On Jul 18, 2022
Fergie, if Kroos is sluggish/slow as some of you have said. Alonso was what?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

Cristiano Ronaldo

Sergio Ramos

Zinedine Zidane

Luka Modric

Iker Casillas

Raul

Marcelo

Karim Benzema

Roberto Carlos

Xabi Alonso

Remove Xabi Alonso and put Bale there
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
monerozi5590:

Alonso as a lone DM is a disaster. Even Mourinho didn't trust him there. Maybe when Casemiro leaves you will start appreciating him.

Zidane spent five seasons with us. His last three seasons were shit. The team was horrible.

Bale had more successful Madrid career than Zidane in all areas. But no Bale in ur list

Show me the disaster in a match with Alonso as a lone DM then i'll point a few of Case too.. i already appreciate Case 100% and he'll be in my top 20

Trophy wise the galatico era was shiitt... don't say what you don't know regarding Zizou's performance in his final 3yrs in Madrid cause of Bale illustrious trophy career with us (which was even the sole help of CR7, Modric and Ramos) ... you think na to ghost all season and come and score in a UCL final that'll make Bale a superhero in my eyes lol

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2022
monerozi5590:
Fergie, if Kroos is sluggish/slow as some of you have said. Alonso was what?

You've come again lol

Alonso is slow? someone covering the defence and also adding in ball progression from the CDM position for you and y'all compare that with Kroos?

Oya bring stats let's judge
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
pu7pl3:

Remove Xabi Alonso and put Bale there

For what?! not in this my lifetime

Instead i'll fix in Marcelo or Casemiro inside my Top 10

what's a bale? undecided
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

what's a bale? undecided
lol but Bale deserves it more than Alonso in a Madrid shirt
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

what's a bale? undecided

Marcelo is there already.
Bale was immensely decisive in many of our UCL nights, That CDR goal alone sef is legendary af
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

You've come again lol

Alonso is slow? someone covering the defence and also adding in ball progression from the CDM position for you and y'all compare that with Kroos?

Oya bring stats let's judge

He was so slow that some people started calling him Alonslow.
Kroos was to too accurate in passing the ball. I remember a match we played against Valencia. Kroos didn't misplace a single pass. He had 100 percent pass completion. That was unreal. Kroos is one of the most intelligent players i hv ever watched
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

Show me the disaster in a match with Alonso as a lone DM then i'll point a few of Case too.. i already appreciate Case 100% and he'll be in my top 20

Trophy wise the galatico era was shit... don't say what you don't know regarding Zizou's performance in his final 3yrs in Madrid cause of Bale illustrious trophy career with us (which was even the sole help of CR7, Modric and Ramos) ... you think na to ghost all season and come and score in a UCL final that'll make Bale a superhero in my eyes lol

I watched Zidane's last three seasons with us. That team was shit. That was the era people started calling us pensioner's club.

Bale is above Zidane in Madrid as a player. Anyhow you want check am, Bale pass am.

Bale was never a passenger. You don't forget BBC so quick!
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
When i hv the time i will write about Carvajal. Dude is somehow not appreciated enough.

Since i started watching Madrid, i have not watched a RB as good as him. He has held that position for 8 seasons or so. One of the reason i hated Benitex was he trying to bench him for Danilo. Thank God he didn't last
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
Yeah! Zidane with all of his majic on the ball he won one Laliga in five seasons with us. As if na majic we go chop.

He won one Champions League in his entire club football career and i am not sure he would hv won one had it been he didn't come to Madrid.

Yeah, let keep dragging them.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by airmark(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Can Hazard serve Raumdeuter and all that foolishly ridiculed him, their deserved Ls?

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
monerozi5590:
When i hv the time i will write about Carvajal. Dude is somehow not appreciated enough.

Since i started watching Madrid, i have not watched a RB as good as him. He has held that position for 8 seasons or so. One of the reason i hated Benitex was he trying to bench him for Danilo. Thank God he didn't last

Dani is a pure beast, his work rate is exceptional, good in attack and in defense, so sad people underrates him, probably due to fitness issues.

He is definitely better off than the likes of Dani alves and lahm, I haven’t seen a RB better than him
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2022
airmark:
Can Hazard serve Raumdeuter and all that foolishly ridiculed him, their deserved Ls?

Ancelotti said he will be like our new signing
I'm still skeptical but I'm quite hopeful
He would have to really fight for his place though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
Devvy4:

Dani is a pure beast, his work rate is exceptional, good in attack and in defense, so sad people underrates him, probably due to fitness issues.

He is definitely better off than the likes of Dani alves and lahm, I haven’t seen a RB better than him
Carvajal is as good at Dani, Lahm, Walker but not better biko

He has had his poor periods o, he may currently be the best CB but if u want to go back a decade to them Dani and Lahm time, common na
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Devvy4:

He is a beast no doubt. Will never forget 2013/2014 UCL Semi Finals second leg against Bayern. He frustrated Ribery to the extend that Ribery wanted to fight him.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
monerozi5590:

Kroos should't be a starter in what planet?

Lol. I said sure starter. While I love Toni, I will love to see Carlo give the younger lads more minutes especially in Laliga. Just want to get a glimpse of how our midfield will look post-Kroos&Modric era. Cos I still feel we need someone like Barella to join Cama-Touchy-Valverde for our midfield to look elite come next 2-3 years.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
monerozi5590:
Yeah! Zidane with all of his majic on the ball he won one Laliga in five seasons with us. As if na majic we go chop.

He won one Champions League in his entire club football career and i am not sure he would hv won one had it been he didn't come to Madrid.

Guy rest. Kroos is a top5 GOAT midfielder for Madrid no cap. But Zidane is his daddy no matter the level of his achievements. Zidane came in as a 28yo (soon to be 29yo) and in the few years left in his prime, brought out greatness in our club. Most of the galaticos of that era didn't produce their best years here but Zizou did.

Kroos team trophies doesn't make him better because it wasn't Kroos that won us those trophies. Geez, we had fvcking Ronaldo (the GOAT), Ramos (our GOAT CB), Modric (one of the GOAT midfielders) and the 2/3 of BBC! There is a reason why this era is the greatest for our club except for maybe De Stefano/Puskas era.

In what planet is Toni fit enough to lace Zidane's boot. Zidane did more in his first two years than Toni will ever do in all his Madrid career. Put some respect to that man's name!

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
Also there is a reason why Zidane enter the GOAT debate (easily top7) in anybody's list. Greatest ain't only about trophies reason why Maradona with zero UCLs and few league titles is in everyone's GOAT Top3/4 while a Toni with 5 UCLs can't even be considered the best midfielder in his own team!

E get some mumu takes wey no make sense. A madridsta shouldn't be spitting out trash when you nor be barkabot grin

4 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
GoddyOra:
Also there is a reason why Zidane enter the GOAT debate (easily top7) in anybody's list. Greatest ain't only about trophies reason why Maradona with zero UCLs and few league titles is in everyone's GOAT Top3/4 while a Toni with 5 UCLs can't even be considered the best midfielder in his own team!

E get some mumu takes wey no make sense. A madridsta shouldn't be spitting out trash when you nor be barkabot grin

I was still very young when i watched Zizou play and was totally mesmerized as a kid then that the memories are still fresh in my head, that someone will want to downplay The GOAT of all midfielders

Ahswear if it was a barkabot that brought this blasphemous take ehnn.. i for lose my manners play dirty with am

I just lock up shake my head cause it's very obvious monerozi didn't watch Zizou play, he just heard stories like most fans this days

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
GoddyOra:

exactly cool
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Kilishihunter: 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
GoddyOra:

Very good, Very very good

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by paiporte: 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
monerozi5590:

not a Madrid fan,
Sorry to say this your take about zidane is rubbish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 4:55am On Jul 19, 2022
GoddyOra:

Guy rest. Kroos is a top5 GOAT midfielder for Madrid no cap. But Zidane is his daddy no matter the level of his achievements. Zidane came in as a 28yo (soon to be 29yo) and in the few years left in his prime, brought out greatness in our club. Most of the galaticos of that era didn't produce their best years here but Zizou did.

Kroos team trophies doesn't make him better because it wasn't Kroos that won us those trophies. Geez, we had fvcking Ronaldo (the GOAT), Ramos (our GOAT CB), Modric (one of the GOAT midfielders) and the 2/3 of BBC! There is a reason why this era is the greatest for our club except for maybe De Stefano/Puskas era.

In what planet is Toni fit enough to lace Zidane's boot. Zidane did more in his first two years than Toni will ever do in all his Madrid career. Put some respect to that man's name!

We are talking about Madrid great. Please comprehend. What greatness did Zidane brought out of Madrid.

Five seasons. Two trophies.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:11am On Jul 19, 2022
GoddyOra:

You are misinterpreting the discussion to suit your narrative. You are the one comparing ZZ and Kroos.

FIVE SEASONS
TWO TROPHIES.

The Era where small teams where running past our midfield like no tomorrow. How is he Madrid great?

If you don't know. Maradona did more for Napoli. Don't even go there.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:20am On Jul 19, 2022
paiporte:

not a Madrid fan,
Sorry to say this your take about zidane is rubbish

Don't want to call you names but can you please hightlight the rubbish you quoted.

Reminder. The discussion is Top Ten Madrid Greatest Player Fergie has ever watched.

Zidane might be France Great but certainly not Madrid. I saw nonsense watching that team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (1824) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.