Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,033 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1160732 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (1826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 2:22am On May 28, 2018
paroh137:

You disappoint me wallahi. I wish you would just stop typing smh

You must be mistaken if you think I'm here to impress you sir. no offense but it must take a high degree of faith in the press to accept whatever the papers are saying as facts especially contract talks that happens between the board and player's agents behind closed doors
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 2:24am On May 28, 2018
double post
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 2:27am On May 28, 2018
I think I'm done here. Keep presenting Ronaldo being promised a new contract as facts based on it being on the pages of newspapers. They can never be wrong or make things up, can they?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 2:28am On May 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Oh sheet!

1. that something appeared on pages of newspapers doesn't make it true. a lot of these speculations are sourced from one paper and quoted and mined by another so corroboration doesn't say much. so many players Madrid are linked to aren't even being considered by us

Don Balon is a massive joke of a paper that it is virtually banned on reddit, maybe visit other places before concluding what the papers are saying is a fact? https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/88off2/don_balon_coutinho_recommends_barca_to_go_for/

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/7pqkqo/marco_asensio_receives_a_phone_call_from_mourinho/

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/8hf148/express_salah_has_told_coutinho_that_he_thinks/

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/820d2j/marco_asensio_knows_man_utd_want_raphael_varane/

2. I can't believe you're using Emery to buttress a point, yes papers do get it right SOMETIMES but most times get it wrong. they make up scenarios to sell papers and get clicks then other papers pick it from there and sell the same stories. its easy to look back with hindsight and say "Look they got emery right" without looking at the massive failures in other stories. you're counting the hits and ignoring the misses then making a law from the hits.

Mind you, I'm not saying he didn't get promised or he did bit rather Newspapers aren't a good source of things like this. Things like contract talks are shrouded with high secrecy so I'd take whatever the papers say with a grain of salt rather than swallow it as fact unless someone is quoting his agent or Ronaldo himself then its safe to say Ronaldo was promised on the pages of newspapers and would be paid on its pages too

Oga, stop typing nonsense.

Did you even read my post?

Who is saying Don Balon is a reputable source? Can't you read and understand. If you're not giving fake stats, you're contradicting yourself, or you're just typing things that don't sound right.

You were the one who was talking about overpaying people in the pre-Calderon era. Then when I reminded you of the Makelele incident, you somehow extrapolated that to saying a CR7 loss is equivalent to Di Maria and Pepe leaving.

Now you're asking why am I using Emery to buttress a point. And then you conveniently ignored the point where I said Perez never discusses new contracts in the media before signing them. Yet you're asking for proof that Perez said something about the contract. You asked for a reputable source, I gave you; now you're saying not all sources are true. No sh*t sherlock!

Oga is Sky Sports a reputable source or not?

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 2:28am On May 28, 2018
I think I'm done here
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 2:31am On May 28, 2018
paroh137:

You disappoint me wallahi. I wish you would just stop typing smh

Very funny fellow. I wonder what his issue is really?

Talk from left to right, compare apples to oranges, make shocking statements.

What exactly did he mean by let CR7 play for 3 years and leave. Like he never thinks his statements through.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 2:33am On May 28, 2018
LordAdamX:

Oga, stop typing nonsense.

Did you even read my post?

Who is saying Don Balon is a reputable source? Can't you read and understand. If you're not giving fake stats, you're contradicting yourself, or you're just typing things that don't sound right.

You were the one who was talking about overpaying people in the pre-Calderon era. Then when I reminded you of the Makelele incident, you somehow extrapolated that to saying a CR7 loss is equivalent to Di Maria and Pepe leaving.

Now you're asking why am I using Emery to buttress a point. And then you conveniently ignored the point where I said Perez never discusses new contracts in the media before signing them. Yet you're asking for proof that Perez said something about the contract. You asked for a reputable source, I gave you; now you're saying not all sources are true. No sh*t sherlock!

Oga is Sky Sports a reputable source or not?

-Lord

If he never discusses with newspapers then its not a fact that he "promised" him contract! doesn't matter the number of papers that are saying it, it doesn't make it fact!! don't you still get it? papers try to get clicks and would make stuff up to get it when they need to and some speculations are taken from one paper and used in others or quoted

Basically newspapers are known for making stuff up most of the time so they're not reliable, since they're not then a paper saying Perez promised Ronaldo a contract shouldn't be presented as fact!!

I think this is simple enough and if you still don't get it then I'm sorry I can't help any further
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 2:41am On May 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
I think I'm done here. Keep presenting Ronaldo being promised a new contract as facts based on it being on the pages of newspapers. They can never be wrong or make things up, can they?

Don't think. Continue.

When I said let's let this lie fallow and discuss something else, you were forming IGG. Whether you think you're the only one who has data to contest a point I don't know.

Coman explain how Sky Sports is not a reputable source. Also tell us how many times Perez has given pending contract information to the media before it was signed. All of a sudden we should wait for all stories to be corroborated by execs before talking about them.

I'm sure we are not trying to sign Neymar. We did not make overtures for Kane. Yet, you'd cherry pick the speculations you want to use (a la Mbappe wage) and dismiss the ones you don't like (a la CR7 new contract).

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 2:41am On May 28, 2018
And its also funny how you keep using the one single stat u got wrong with the image rights to discredit what I'm saying but you ignore that you said Ronaldo was promised a new contract in 2016 when he signed in November of that same year

I guess its easier to see the dust in another person's eye than the wood in our own eyes
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 2:47am On May 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
And its also funny how you keep using the one single stat u got wrong with the image rights to discredit what I'm saying but you ignore that you said Ronaldo was promised a new contract in 2016 when he signed in November of that same year

I guess its easier to see the dust in another person's eye than the wood in our own eyes

What single stat?

You were the one who said Messi's image rights sharing ratio is 50:50 and Ronaldo's sharing ratio is 100:0. I blew that statement out of the water and you're clutching onto straws, after admitting you are not current.

Oga he was promised concessions in 2016 while signing the new contract. Is it that you can't understand English or are you just deliberately trying to be mischievous.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 2:53am On May 28, 2018
LordAdamX:

What single stat?

You were the one who said Messi's image rights sharing ratio is 50:50 and Ronaldo's sharing ratio is 100:0. I blew that statement out of the water and you're clutching onto straws, after admitting you are not current.

Oga he was promised concessions in 2016 while signing the new contract. Is it that you can't understand English or are you just deliberately trying to be mischievous.

-Lord

give me Just one source of any paper saying he was promised such in 2016 while signing the new contract

I now know what your problem is
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 3:00am On May 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

If he never discusses with newspapers then its not a fact that he "promised" him contract! doesn't matter the number of papers that are saying it, it doesn't make it fact!! don't you still get it? papers try to get clicks and would make stuff up to get it when they need to and some speculations are taken from one paper and used in others or quoted

Basically newspapers are known for making stuff up most of the time so they're not reliable, since they're not then a paper saying Perez promised Ronaldo a contract shouldn't be presented as fact!!

I think this is simple enough and if you still don't get it then I'm sorry I can't help any further

Not all newspapers are known for making stuff up. That's why I gave you a reputable link written by a reputable journalist with dependable sources.

Perez promised him a contract. Whether you accept it or not is immaterial. A reputable journalist with credible sources reported it in a reputable sport paper. I'd take that over you saying Perez did not promise him a contract. That is how we follow the happenings in the club.

I asked you to tell us how many times Perez has talked about pending contracts in the media before signing them. All of a sudden you forgot how to type. But that is the proof you are looking for. Then you want us to dismiss the second best thing because it hurts your feelings. Why have Sky Sports, AS et al not reported Isco asking for a raise since "all newspapers are known for making stuff up."

Just be typing whatever comes to your mind before thinking it true.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 3:02am On May 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

give me Just one source of any paper saying he was promised such in 2016 while signing the new contract

I now know what your problem is

The other one I gave you, have you accepted it?

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 3:04am On May 28, 2018
LordAdamX:

The other one I gave you, have you accepted it?
-Lord
Give this one, any rubbish source is allowed no matter how unreliable it is
I'm almost 100% certain you made that up
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 3:06am On May 28, 2018
LordAdamX:

Not all newspapers are known for making stuff up. That's why I gave you a reputable link written by a reputable journalist with dependable sources.

Perez promised him a contract. Whether you accept it or not is immaterial. A reputable journalist with credible sources reported it in a reputable sport paper. I'd take that over you saying Perez did not promise him a contract. That is how we follow the happenings in the club.

I asked you to tell us how many times Perez has talked about pending contracts in the media before signing them. All of a sudden you forgot how to type. But that is the proof you are looking for. Then you want us to dismiss the second best thing because it hurts your feelings. Why have Sky Sports, AS et al not reported Isco asking for a raise since "all newspapers are known for making stuff up."

Just be typing whatever comes to your mind before thinking it true.

-Lord

I like how you pulled a false dichotomy by saying I said he was not promised a contract in order to add some credibility to your swallowing what papers said

FYI I never said he wasn't promised, don't dishonestly put words in my mouth again
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 3:16am On May 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Give this one, any rubbish source is allowed no matter how unreliable it is

I'm almost 100% certain you made that up

Stop typing nonsense!

How can you be 100% certain about something you haven't even researched.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/07/real-madrid-cristiano-ronaldo-not-my-last-deal-want-to-go-until-41

Ronaldo's comment:

“No one knows what the future holds but I would like to end my career at this club. This is my penultimate contract. I want to be here for many years to come.”

In case you don't know, penultimate means second to last. So why would CR7 call the contract he signed in 2016 his penultimate if he wasn't given any concession promises?

Arguing blindly!

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 3:18am On May 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I like how you pulled a false dichotomy by saying I said he was not promised a contract in order to add some credibility to your swallowing what papers said

FYI I never said he wasn't promised, don't dishonestly put words in my mouth again

"I never said he wasn't promised," yet you have been disputing the fact that he was promised despite the report coming from a reputable source.

Oga stop confusing yourself! It is embarrassing.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 3:23am On May 28, 2018
LordAdamX:

Stop typing nonsense!

How can you be 100% certain about something you haven't even researched.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/07/real-madrid-cristiano-ronaldo-not-my-last-deal-want-to-go-until-41

Ronaldo's comment:

“No one knows what the future holds but I would like to end my career at this club. This is my penultimate contract. I want to be here for many years to come.”

In case you don't know, penultimate means second to last. So why would CR7 call the contract he signed in 2016 his penultimate if he wasn't given any concession promises?

Arguing blindly!

-Lord

You really are lord at twisting!

So your proof that he was promised another contract is from his saying he still has one other contract and he's going to play in Madrid till he's 41?

Never mind, I know people like you cuz I was once like you. Take care bro
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 3:42am On May 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You really are lord at twisting!

So your proof that he was promised another contract is from his saying he still has one other contract and he's going to play in Madrid till he's 41?

Never mind, I know people like you cuz I was once like you. Take care bro

You asked for a link, I gave it to you, now a cat has got your tongue?

I asked a very simple question there. Answer it.

This is not a reporter. This is not a newspaper "making things up." That is his comment to the press after signing a new deal. The exact type of proof you say you want.

Now you're withdrawing after saying you're "100% certain" I made that claim up.

There's absolutely nothing you've disputed that's held up to scrutiny, from the image rights to this one.

Now you're disappearing. Where are you going? Continue. Someone can't say "it's enough" again; as if you're going to get a CL medal if you continue arguing.

-Lord

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:45am On May 28, 2018
Igboid:
You want to mess with CR7 and build your team around the likes of Bale?
Same injury prone Bale with tendency to go missing in matches?
Had Bale ever had a 40 goals plus season throughout his football playing career? Just two goals in a final and he's now the best thing since sliced bread?

Tell me where else you are going to get a 40 goals plus per season player the whole Europe if you piss off CR7, you say he is declining, yet peeps had been saying same trash since 2015, even when dude keeps banging in goals.

Every season, he must have to re prove himself to a bunch of ungrateful people.

A labourer is worth his wages, give him a pay rise as a motivational stimulus and reap them all back in goals.

Hala Madrid.

You See how people like twisting someone's word.

Who is talking about building the team around Bale.
What i am saying is that the spotlight should be on Bale and how he won us the cup, the goals and not on CR7 exit talks.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:54am On May 28, 2018
.....Besides they is Madrid before CR7 and they will be Madrid after CR7 leaves.

I love CR7, he is a legend already in Madrid. He has done remarkably well. There is time for everything, CR7 will not continue to play for Madrid forever.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 6:39am On May 28, 2018
CR7 scored the overhead kick goal against Juventus and it went viral.The Media were measuring the height and all of that.

Bale scored the overhead kick goal in the biggest stage of European Football and we are talking about CR7 exit talks nobody is measuring Bale's height and all of that.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Eyedea(m): 6:56am On May 28, 2018
Abeg Ronaldo doesn't need a pay rise, he is already earning a massive wage
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 7:35am On May 28, 2018
HopefulLandlord
LordAdamX

2 lords chatting all through the night. Una don try.

The way I see it is its neither black nor white.

Look at it this way since it seems we all agree its all about business.

Whether we realise that Real Madrid FC is not the only business in this matter is another discourse for another day.

For those of us working in target or budget driven environments, we work with KPI's (key performance indicators). If you meet it you get FULLY MET or EXCEED EXPECTATIONS scores and a promotion and/or salary raise and/or bonus at the end of the company year end.

So the question is;
Has the club met expectations?
Has the squad met expectations?
Has CR or Bale met expectations?

You can argue for or against. But in both sides what will be taken into cognisance is the dependencies to achieving the set targets, the unexpected events that occurred hampering meeting those targets and the feasibility of those targets.

If any one of us delivers for our companies we all want a promotion+salary increase+profit sharing at the company year end.

However what level of promotion and/or salary increase and/or profit sharing we deserve is weighed and decided. If we don't agree with it we as employees can choose to move to other companies and often times competition.

The truth is IF and WHEN we move the company has lost valuable experience, expertise of how things work for the company as well as loyal customers, ideas and initiatives, and secrets of the company to competition.

If the company feels they can do without us they gladly accept the resignation. However if they don't have a viable alternative they sit us down and renegotiate us staying to continue working for them.

Now the questions;

Has the club revenue improved ocer the years and this year?
Has the squad been successful this year and past years?
Has CR delivered this season and other seasons?

I think we all agree YES for the above.

Now the next questions:

Do we have an alternative for CR?
Can the club comfortably thrive as at today if he leaves?

A double YES to the above is the only instance that the club should call his bluff.
If any of the 2 is a NO or a DOUBT then Perez just has to give him an improved contract.

Hala Madrid

6 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 7:47am On May 28, 2018
by the time Perez buys Kane or lewandoski all this noise will stop. I doubt this will happen with Ronaldo playing 9 for us (and still better than Kane and lewandoski) we should focus on giving him a new contract to appease him while he is still here.

for one, ronaldo is a source of motivation to the team and a great X factor in games (a mentor to Asensio)

I still suggest we buy Icardi (or dybala or Kane) to play along side Ronaldo, and use Benzema as backup, UCL, cup games. atleast those other players can step up the amount of our goals in a season (wins)
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 7:50am On May 28, 2018
monerozi5590:

You See how people like twisting someone's word.

Who is talking about building the team around Bale.
What i am saying is that the spotlight should be on Bale and how he won us the cup, the goals and not on CR7 exit talks.

You cannot force who the spotlight should be on.
You can't tell people what to focus on.
And you certainly can order the media to analyse Bale's goal like they did Ronaldo.

Bale is not Ronaldo. Ronaldo has paid his dues and along with Messi is the face of mordern football.
They have singlehandedly defined 21st century football.

Anyone who wishes to steal the spotlight completely from them has to dwarf their achievements and become a record breaker that way.

Bale was amazing. Pundits even called his bicycle kick the greatest goal in a final even better than Zidane's
He is an amazing player but he is not quite there yet. undecided

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 7:53am On May 28, 2018
monerozi5590:
.....Besides they is Madrid before CR7 and they will be Madrid after CR7 leaves.

I love CR7, he is a legend already in Madrid. He has done remarkably well. There is time for everything, CR7 will not continue to play for Madrid forever.

It's fans like you that whistle players.

But I really can't believe people here are totally writing Ronaldo off. grin grin

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 7:53am On May 28, 2018
usbcable:
HopefulLandlord
LordAdamX

2 lords chatting all through the night. Una don try.

The way I see it is its neither black nor white.

Look at it this way since it seems we all agree its all about business.

Whether we realise that Real Madrid FC is not the only business in this matter is another discourse for another day.

For those of us working in target or budget driven environments, we work with KPI's (key performance indicators). If you meet it you get FULLY MET or EXCEED EXPECTATIONS scores and a promotion and/or salary raise and/or bonus at the end of the company year end.

So the question is;
Has the club met expectations?
Has the squad met expectations?
Has CR or Bale met expectations?

Now the questions;

Has the club revenue improved ocer the years and this year?
Has the squad been successful this year and past years?
Has CR delivered this season and other seasons?

I think we all agree YES for the above.

Now the next questions:

Do we have an alternative for CR?
Can the club comfortably thrive as at today if he leaves?

A double YES to the above is the only instance that the club should call his bluff.
If any of the 2 is a NO or a DOUBT then Perez just has to give him an improved contract.

Hala Madrid

let's be honest our team will struggle in a season without Ronaldo, even this season look at our la liga defence with Ronaldo missing no one steps up to fill that gap properly.

ronaldo is a pure threat, a threat factor that isn't easily replaced, now based on how Zidane plays if Perez takes the risk of calling ronaldo's bluff then HE MUST GET HARRY KANE.

HARRY KANE IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN STEP OUT OF RONALDO'S REIGN INTO A NEW ERA.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 7:59am On May 28, 2018
MoR2:
let's be honest our team will struggle in a season without Ronaldo, even this season look at our la liga defence with Ronaldo missing no one steps up to fill that gap properly.

ronaldo is a pure threat, a threat factor that isn't easily replaced, now based on how Zidane plays if Perez takes the risk of calling ronaldo's bluff then HE MUST GET HARRY KANE.

HARRY KANE IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN STEP OUT OF RONALDO'S REIGN INTO A NEW ERA.

This is the same Ronaldo that anytime he declines the team performance delcines concomitantly.

He played so poorly in Laliga especially towards the end of last year and we were 17 points behind Barca.
17!!! Even as bad as he played, he's still our highest goal scorer.

Ronaldo's problem right now is motivation. He plays best when he's playing with anger or vengence.
An angry Ronaldo is the true GOAT.

I'm sure if he scored two goals in the final like he did last year all these people talking about him leaving and how he's not Madrid won't have shiiit to say. undecided

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 8:07am On May 28, 2018
Yonce:

This is the same Ronaldo that anytime he declines the team performance delcines concomitantly.

He played so poorly in Laliga especially towards the end of last year and we were 17 points behind Barca.
17!!! Even as bad as he played, he's still our highest goal scorer.

Ronaldo's problem right now is motivation. He plays best when he's playing with anger or vengence.
An angry Ronaldo is the true GOAT.

I'm sure if he scored two goals in the final like he did last year all these people talking about him leaving and how he's not Madrid won't have shiiit to say. undecided
am telling you, Perez should give him a pay raise not so as to keep Ronaldo, because even the chickens in Spain know he isn't leaving Madrid but Perez should give him that pay raise for the good of the team or just be silly and sell him

imagine scoring 44 goals this season after scoring 42 the season he won ballon d'or and this should be his worst season so far cheesy

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LosVikingos: 8:11am On May 28, 2018
LordAdamX:

Oga, pay him what he deserves and stop talking about overall income, like it's the club paying him that extra income.

He plays less because he is being conserved for the UCL. And while playing less, he outscores younger players who play more matches.

Total games this season

Messi: 45
Ronaldo:44
Salah:44

Zidane begged him to play less, so it's not like he is physically unable to play substantially. It's a tactical decision. Moreover, the club is looking to reduce our reliance on him as we transition to a post-CR7 future, so it makes sense for us to play him in only the most important games.

You say he should play for 3 years and leave. So you are willing to risk featuring an unhappy superstar of CR7's stature in the RM dressing room. You think an unhappy CR7 will score 10+ goals per season in the UCL. You want an unmotivated CR7 to lead the team. All this penny wise, pound fool suggestions.

You think the club will save money with an unmotivated Ronaldo. Better sell him. The crisis at the beginning of the season was partly due to this. Now you want it to continue for 3 years. That trophyless haul you think you're avoiding is what you are guaranteeing; and you'd pay 21m to him annually to keep failing.

After the Leganes game, when we were playing like crap, and everyone had already written the season off, when Zidane was taking blames, and tempers were flaring; this was Ronaldo's tweet:

Cheer up team. Cheer up madridistas. We still have many battles to win.

Now we have won the UCL in a 3 peat; and all of a sudden he should play for 3 years and leave. The arrogance! Myopia par excellence!

-Lord

Bro... You think so logical and reasonable
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:15am On May 28, 2018
I don't even know who to quote again

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (1826) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.