Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

I Want To Be Born Again. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Be Born Again. (1947 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / What It Means To Be "born Again"! / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be Born Again. by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2012
I've done a lot of stuffs that I'm really sorry for, and I want to get close to God and worship him sincerly in spirit and in truth.
I don't know how to do this. I've made up my mind to abstain from the things I use to do that are not pleasing to him but it doesn't seem enough to me. When I pray or fast it seems like I'm not doing it right. I need someone to tell me what I'm suppose to do and teach me how to pray. And also encourage me so that I don't go back to the wordly things I use to do.
Thank you.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by cooltrycia: 9:20am On Apr 27, 2012
I understand how you feel because i've been there before and we cn be friends we have some great groups on fbk to interact with christians too. I will be with you through this and with God its possible.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Jenwitemi(m): 10:33am On Apr 27, 2012
If you want to be reborn, just make sure you do not hand over your mind, body and soul to any religious doctrine. You won't get a better advice than that.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 27, 2012
You can use this Passion prayer ebook to learn how to pray
http://www.firesprings.com/passionprayerbook.pdf

Also you can visit http://www.elishagoodman.org/

Hope it helps

Wishing you better days ahead.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by nuella2(f): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2012
Whosoever calls upon the name of the lord shall be saved, when you open the door of your heart he will come and make his abode in you. Just invite him by saying this prayer from the depth of your heart.

Dear lord God, I call on you today cos I believe that Jesus died for my sins,therefore today I confess with my mouth that you are lord of my life. Thank you for saving me, thank you for eternal life in the spirit. In Jesus name. Amen.

That prayer will catapult a man from darkness to light. You are born again meaning life has come to your spirit. Just grow in the knowledge of God, as to know who you are in Christ now. Congratulations.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by cooltrycia: 12:33pm On Apr 27, 2012
Jenwitemi: If you want to be reborn, just make sure you do not hand over your mind, body and soul to any religious doctrine. You won't get a better advice than that.
i will love to understand what you mean by -religious doctrine-
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
Thank you all so much for your help
@ patricia
I'm not on facebook would have loved to join your group. Thank you.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Eben2: 8:11am On Apr 28, 2012
Good mornin poster,

I want u 2 kno dat no one can bcome born again by just moral deeds. It is not somethin u can do by ur own ability; it is somethin u obtain by faith in d redemptive power of our Lord Jesus.

Almost every man goes through wat u're goin thru now; we want 2 live a rigteous live, we want 2 be free from d boundage of sin, flesh and the devil. The Bible explain dis helpless state of man in Romans 7:14 - 24(pls read all)
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2012
go kill yourself and be reborn in next life.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Eben2: 8:46am On Apr 28, 2012
But d good news about how man can overcome came in d next chapter Rom 8:1,2. U can only become born-again thru d operation of d Spirit of God which is excatly wat Jesus said 2 Nicodemus in d book of John.
Now wat do u have 2 do, JUST TRUT in Jesus. How?
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by mabell: 9:19am On Apr 28, 2012
@poster, by now you should be born again from nuella's response I hope but I have a question. After being born again and you still do things you feel are not pleasing to God, what then will you do?
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by joe4christ(m): 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2012
@OP Let me give you an eternal advice, the best way out of this is knowing and experiencing God for yourself.
And if you must experience God after being born again is to invite the holy spirit to come into your life and teach you the ways of the kingdom, he will cos he is our guide and teacher, he knows your weaknesses and knows exactly how you feel, so he's the only one that can give u peace beyond measure and then manipulate events just to teach you the principles of God's kingdom, he will speak to you through your subconsciouce mind or through a small still voice withen your spirit, with that you would build strong relationship with him, he is real and every child of God can testify to that, if you realy want to hear his voice more frequently and audibly then you would need to spend quality time studying the BIBLE and spending quality time praying in the name of Jesus that he make himself more real to you, with this he will surely visit you and you'll surely know for yourself that we serve a true living God of pure love and not some sought of demon.

The spirit of the lord be with you always and guide you to your place in christ Jesus. Amen!
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by joe4christ(m): 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2012
@OP Let me give you an eternal advice, the best way out of this is knowing and experiencing God for yourself.
And if you must experience God after being born again is to invite the holy spirit to come into your life and teach you the ways of the kingdom, he will cos he is our guide and teacher, he knows your weaknesses and knows exactly how you feel, so he's the only one that can give u peace beyond measure and then manipulate events just to teach you the principles of God's kingdom, he will speak to you through your subconsciouce mind or through a small still voice withen your spirit, with that you would build strong relationship with him, he is real and every child of God can testify to that, if you realy want to hear his voice more frequently and audibly then you would need to spend quality time studying the BIBLE and spending quality time praying in the name of Jesus that he make himself more real to you, with this he will surely visit you and you'll surely know for yourself that we serve a true living God of pure love and not some sought of demon.

The spirit of the lord be with you always and guide you to your place in christ Jesus. Amen!
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by jmoore(m): 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2012
mabell: @poster, by now you should be born again from nuella's response I hope but I have a question. After being born again and you still do things you feel are not pleasing to God, what then will you do?

After being born again we have to work out our salvation. The Apostle Paul tells the Philippians in Phil. 2:12,13 to "work out their salvation." Now be careful as you read these words. He is not telling us to work FOR our salvation The call for salvation in this context is total obedience to God. If you are already born again, then the next step is to obey his commandments and flee from all lust of the flesh.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Ayomivic(m): 6:59pm On Apr 28, 2012
Dlyna: I've done a lot of stuffs that I'm really sorry for, and I want to get close to God and worship him sincerly in spirit and in truth.
I don't know how to do this. I've made up my mind to abstain from the things I use to do that are not pleasing to him but it doesn't seem enough to me. When I pray or fast it seems like I'm not doing it right. I need someone to tell me what I'm suppose to do and teach me how to pray. And also encourage me so that I don't go back to the wordly things I use to do.
Thank you.
permit me to say something concern this. To be born again, is to accept Jesus as your lord and savior,and to agree that you will no longer do as you wish but as God wishes. That is to say, you are ready to follow the commandment of God as God said to Abraham "walk before me and be perfect" For you to do this you need to know what God want from you and the only way to know this, is to read the bible time to time, human being can decieve but bible can not decieve. If someone tells you something diffrent to what you read in the bible, you will know that you need to regect that.
Someone said you need holy spirit to guide you, that is true, you can not do without holy spirit, make sure you ask for the gift of holy spirit in your prayer,aske God to guide you in his way.
Also, you must know this, been born again does not mean you are free from problems.This is a period that satan will do anything in is power to draw you back to himself ,he would want to say you are not serious and to mock you by setting some test for you,this test is know as problems or live enjoyment for non-christian but to christians, problems is nothing but temptation. But i must say this, that temptation is good in the live of christians or how will you say you are good in your course of study if you can not pass the test and exam giving to you by your lecturer or examiner?How will you prove that you are obedient child of God?The more you overcome temptation the more stronger you are in chritianity
Someone ask that what wil you do if you find yourself comitting the sins you have left again? If this happened, it means you are defeated once again by satan ,this can happen to any christians but the foolish one, is someone that accept defeat from satan and do not rise up again but the wise one we go on his/her knee,ask God to help him or her, then fight back his enemy and ensure he/she conquer him.Jesus had promised not to leave us alone.
Don't allow anybody to decieve you,son is son be it last born or first born,they all have right to speak and to collect from their father.The elderly son can only advise the younger one base on his expirence and to suport the younger one to defeat his enemy (sins). so, take heed of wolf that disguide like sheep.
Lastly,i will advise you to protect the law.Don't wear trouser or indecent dress, if you do not want to be molest by men etc
i pray that God would help you and count you to be among his elect as you continue to be his obedient child (amen)
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Callotti: 6:26am On Apr 29, 2012
*Deleted with the UTMOST desirable pleasure*! cool
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2012
Callotti: Just like wishing to BE a NL virgin!
Very possible till you "lay" you fin-gers "down" below.
Open Sesame! cheesy
Do you mind getting yourself off my thread? I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Callotti: 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2012
Dlyna:
Do you mind getting yourself off my thread? I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Easy request. But on ONE CONDITION! YOU MUST erase my post from yours! Then I will erase this one too.kiss

*Slams door on both poster and poster's post*. . . as in *ONE LESS REETARDED, OGBONI-OKIJA, BOKO-HARAM, PHOCK-AND-REPENT, NL CHRISTIAN TO DEAL WITH*! kiss

Please, make sure you let ME know ALL your other 'stinkin' NL IDs. . .so I don't have to smell this your useless azzzze around this section OR OTHERS!

I have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LIST OF NL UNDESIRABLE ELEMENTS WHOSE THREADS I DO NOT FEATURE IN. SO RESPECT YOUR COWARDLY SELF AND STICK TO ONE ID.kiss

You will not be missed BY MOI. Trust me.

Happy S-I-nday to you darling. . . . I hope you succeed in your 'recurrent, misadventure of a born and dead again Christian life'. . . like YOUR JESUS CHRIST OF A FAILURE.

You attention-seeking, miserable, Satan+God-human forsaken, DAMNED hypocrite! kiss

BTW, people who TRULY wanno go 'straight' after being 'gay' do not announce it to the world. It shows in their DIVINE ability to forsake ANUS-SNIFFING!

Phocking LOOOZA! Na for NL your mates dey come find who to phock? cheesy Born-Again ko, Dead-Again ni! Omo-Oshi!

Like I stated earlier. . . STICK WITH YOUR ORIGINAL NAUSEATING NL ID and I will not miss stepping into YOU or YOUR useless threads!

Take kia! kiss
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 07, 2012
Callotti:

Easy request. But on ONE CONDITION! YOU MUST erase my post from yours! Then I will erase this one too.kiss

*Slams door on both poster and poster's post*. . . as in *ONE LESS REETARDED, OGBONI-OKIJA, BOKO-HARAM, PHOCK-AND-REPENT, NL CHRISTIAN TO DEAL WITH*! kiss

Please, make sure you let ME know ALL your other 'stinkin' NL IDs. . .so I don't have to smell this your useless azzzze around this section OR OTHERS!

I have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LIST OF NL UNDESIRABLE ELEMENTS WHOSE THREADS I DO NOT FEATURE IN. SO RESPECT YOUR COWARDLY SELF AND STICK TO ONE ID.kiss

You will not be missed BY MOI. Trust me.

Happy S-I-nday to you darling. . . . I hope you succeed in your 'recurrent, misadventure of a born and dead again Christian life'. . . like YOUR JESUS CHRIST OF A FAILURE.

You attention-seeking, miserable, Satan+God-human forsaken, DAMNED hypocrite! kiss

BTW, people who TRULY wanno go 'straight' after being 'gay' do not announce it to the world. It shows in their DIVINE ability to forsake ANUS-SNIFFING!

Phocking LOOOZA! Na for NL your mates dey come find who to phock? cheesy Born-Again ko, Dead-Again ni! Omo-Oshi!

Like I stated earlier. . . STICK WITH YOUR ORIGINAL NAUSEATING NL ID and I will not miss stepping into YOU or YOUR useless threads!

Take kia! kiss
Pls what are u saying? Please I am a SHE.
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by MrAnony1(m): 2:50pm On May 07, 2012
......Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ [give yourself up to Him, take yourself out of your own keeping and entrust yourself into His keeping] and you shall be saved....... Acts 16:31(AMP)
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Image123(m): 10:08pm On May 07, 2012
Dlyna:
Callot is a possessed and deranged hallot with internet access. That's why it's better to go to a Bible church and see the pastor on issues like these, instead of a forum
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Callotti: 10:28pm On May 07, 2012
Image123:
Callot is a possessed and deranged hallot with internet access. That's why it's better to go to a Bible church and see the pastor on issues like these, instead of a forum

Good advice. NL must be boring to you these days to resurrect this una ye-ye thread wey not get head. grin

Please, explain to her again. Thank you sweerie. Hope you had a fantastic weekend like I did? Have a super-duper week like I plan to have.
Off to work. You get busy darling. Life is short. . . phock and play harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd. kiss
Re: I Want To Be Born Again. by Callotti: 10:29pm On May 07, 2012
Dlyna:

Please, no barry cares. To hell with you and your useless thread.
Time to make some dolllance! cool

(1) (Reply)

Topic. Understanding The Miracle Power Of Praise. / Can One Lie Disqualify A Truth ? / Modesty Vs Immodesty: What Is God Saying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.