Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

How Is Your State Governor Doing? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Your State Governor Doing? (6462 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / If Old Age Is Bad What Is Serving California Governor Doing In The Office / Who Is This Governor Doing Juju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by malubia: 10:06am On Nov 23, 2007
my Governor is Peter Obi and he is doing marvelously well. He is very very transparent in his dealings, health care facilities are being provided, Onitsha General Hospital currently rated one of the 5 best courtesy my present Governor, roads reconstructed, no more strike actions by Government Schools with a whole lot more on the way. What more can i say? He's carrying his people along. He's as open as a book. I LOVE MY GOVERNOR, I AM FOR HIM grin grin grin. I rate him 99.9 tongue tongue
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Pk001(m): 11:49am On Nov 23, 2007
Murtala Nyako has done a good job so far in Adamawa State.
Workers are now Happy.

There Salaries have increase and all outstanding allowances paid.
People are given employment in the state.

Also , massive road construction all around the state capital.

I believe in him , he has a good vision for the state.

I give him 60%.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by sil(m): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2007
so far I think His Exc. Gabriel Suswam has done a great job this is because

1 He made those who sit there to share the state and local govt. allocation run away and never come to him.
2 Awarded roads, school of medicine, tomato industry, constructing a Water Dam

He is just 75 % on the way to make Benue the infrastructure development state
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by TawaTemi1(f): 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2007
[size=20pt]EDO [/size] and [size=20pt]DELTA[/size] are not doing bad now considering the high rate of corruption the previous governors engaged in.

Edo state Prof Osunbor is trying to turn the state around because he knew the poor state of the state left by Nosakare Igbinedion and he is still facing probs at the tribunal with Adams Oshiomole.

Delta state governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, I hope will perform far better than the corrupt James Ibori that used Deltans money to buy houses in UK.

Anyway am not from those states sha, just pray OGD can turn Ogun into another proposed MEGA STATE(lol after Lagos). grin grin grin grin grin

The following pix are
OGD----Otunba Gbenga Daniel
James Ibori (former gov of Delta State  that got his assets frozen by The British, )
Right---Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan (Present Delta state gov) with the VP (left) Goodluck Jonathan
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by TawaTemi1(f): 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2007
The Gov's

Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by TawaTemi1(f): 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2007
Lucky Igbinedion

'afi runmun se jogi' lol grin grin grin grin grin

Pls dont mind me oo jare.

Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by bussyankee(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2007
I am frm Ekiti, the last time i was home i saw some changes in the state the guy built new roundabouts, the streetlight is now powerd with solar technology, changed some secondary schools to boarding and I heard he awarded 22 new road contracts, i hope the guy can do more but the Action Congress in the house of assembly is giving the guy too much
headache cos of the general believe in the state that the governor is using a stolen mandate.God help my state
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by cabali(m): 11:08pm On Nov 23, 2007
Ok where I am now, the governor is owing some percentages he is yet to attain 0%. He has just been invited by the EFCC for embezzlement already.

He is renovating his country home and has given legislators Jeeps to drive in. The only thing he's done is operation No Pot Holes! What the Bleep is that for a state that gets N11bn monthly allocation?
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by omodada1: 12:02am On Nov 24, 2007
my governor knows nothing other than to sweep the whole place.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Obamedo: 9:16am On Nov 24, 2007
Congratulations to all those from states where their Governors are performing

Don't wanna burst no bubble but remember that cosmetic changes like painting the town and cleaning the streets are merely what they are at face value cosmetic changes.

We also want to see real development, hospitals that work, schools that produce results, employment and sustainable development etc

Lets also hope they do not have too many God Fathers to pay off as well

Best Wishes

Obm
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by almondjoy(f): 9:45am On Nov 24, 2007
omodada1:

my governor knows nothing other than to sweep the whole place.

As a former "house boy", what do you expect? grin
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by himmanoel(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2007
Tawa-Temi, who told you that? go to EDO STATE and see what the "PROf-TURNED-GOVERNOR" is doin.
anyway, he got there by crook and he will sustain it by crook.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by tollu: 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2007
My govenor aint bad, (Gbenga Daniel) i just have a problem with his face and name on everything he does, informing u dat dis and dat is his initiative (hin for vex no use hin initiative). Narcissism seems to be his strong suit.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by mrpataki(m): 11:05pm On Nov 25, 2007
tollu:

My govenor aint bad, (Gbenga Daniel) i just have a problem with his face and name on everything he does, informing u that this and that is his initiative (hin for vex no use hin initiative). Narcissism seems to be his strong suit.

OGD pikin! I hear you. Welcome.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Ndipe(m): 11:43pm On Nov 25, 2007
What of the governor of Akwa Ibom state?
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by alafin(m): 11:35pm On Nov 26, 2007
bussyankee:

I am frm Ekiti, the last time i was home i saw some changes in the state the guy built new roundabouts, the streetlight is now powerd with solar technology, changed some secondary schools to boarding and I heard he awarded 22 new road contracts, i hope the guy can do more but the Action Congress in the house of assembly is giving the guy too much
headache because of the general believe in the state that the governor is using a stolen mandate.God help my state

You know nothing about your state, you only hear say. For your information those solar street light are dead working now so stop blabing.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by cabali(m): 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2007
@ Ndipe I thought I spoke about the Akwaibom state governor??

cabali:

Ok where I am now, the governor is owing some percentages he is yet to attain 0%. He has just been invited by the EFCC for embezzlement already.

He is renovating his country home and has given legislators Jeeps to drive in. The only thing he's done is operation No Pot Holes! What the Bleep is that for a state that gets N11bn monthly allocation?
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Orobert: 2:32am On Dec 02, 2007
Guys, most of you re not tellin us your state.
I presume most Nigerians know the infamous Orji Uzor kalu of 1999-2007?, he not only looted my state he imposed his prototype( but with a much lesser reasoning ability) to lord over my state.  you people talk of development, that is as alien as it sounds. In Abia state WE ARE SERIOUSLY IN THE DARK(it appears that the light God created on the first day didnt reach here).

Governor T.A Orji should perform but for the benighted cult headed by the Queen mother herself - Madam Eunice Orji
plz help us pray that God would send His light before we be runned down by darkness!!
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by xgbovo: 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2007
My state Governor did break his leg while playing lawn tennis couple of weeks ago and since then he has been kind'a inactive, Omo we dey suffer while our Governor dey shop large so tey him go play lawn tennis. well I kind'a happy with God's justice nowadays.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by TawaTemi1(f): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2007
Can u guys just tell us at least the name of the [size=40pt]state ?[/size] sad sad sad sad Haba!!!
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by landu(m): 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2007
I would Rate Jonah Jang 60% he is working hard to undo the damage done by Dariye. He seems committed especially to construction and repair of our horrible roads, crime reduction and prompt payment of slaries , reduction of ghost workers. My only problem with him is that even though i don't live in plateau, I had a headache when i went there for one weekend, he talks too much. He went on and on for almost an hour on a radio show

1.on the issue of workers in Plateau, i agree he pays well
2.but what roads are being repaired please let me know so i can go and see them,
3.is it closing down of plateau state university working hard to undo what the past governor has done, ?
4.is it removing the "Mama Tapgun" the sculpture we all know to differentiate  the  burnt down terminus market working hard,
5.is it relocation of Jos north local government secretariat working hard, 
6.is it stoping okada riders by 7pm working hard? what happens to night school student who close by 8pm, e.g plateau poly getting home is usually a thug of war ,

i leave in jos plesae help me answer these  qxns

1 Like

Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by TawaTemi1(f): 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2007
thresa8:

how is cross River state Governor Doing?

The name of your Governor is Liyel Imoke and I think he is doing well.

Trying to build on the legacy Donald Duke left behind.

He is trying sha. smiley smiley smiley

Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by landu(m): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2007
how is kwara state Governor Bukola Saraki doing? can someone tell me pleassssseeee!!!
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Miketomi: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2007
Delta State

I am not from Delta State but I live there, precisely in Warri.
Uduaghan is not doing badly at all. He looks like he will perform wonderfully well.
With his street lighting project, Funding of Dessopadec, he has also being able to calm the militants of Delta state.
Hostage taking is gradually being phased out in Delta State. His ability to reconcile with most of his opponents especially the Delta Elder Forums.
These are some obvious parameters that show the guy is a great guy.
Make we still dey watch sha.

Kogi State:
My darling state grin
Folks, we no get governor o.
Nothing to write home about especially in my own senatorial district (kogi west).
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by TawaTemi1(f): 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2007
landu:

how is kwara state Governor Bukola Saraki doing? can someone tell me pleassssseeee!!!

Well cant talk much on Dr Bukola Saraki but hope this can help u sha! undecided undecided undecided

But I guess those in the state can talk better about him. Got this info from the state official website.

Ilorin Ultra-Modern Market not abandoned
Contrary to media reports that the on-going Ilorin Ultra-Modern Market had been abandoned, Kwara State Governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki yesterday, Read
Tribunal Rulings good for our Democracy - Governor Bukola Saraki
Kwara State governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has appraised the recent judicial intervention in the nation’s political process, which has, Read
Communiqué issued by The Nigeria Governors’ Forum at the 3 Days 1st Gubernatorial Retreat held International Conference Centre, Abuja
The 36 States of Nigeria under the aegis of Nigeria Governors’ Forum desire to re examine themselves, share common ideas and chart a new course to face developmental challenges in their respective States towards, Read
ADDRESS BY DR. ABUBAKAR BUKOLA SARAKI, HIS EXCELLENCY, THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF KWARA STATE AND CHAIRMAN, FORUM OF GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA AT THE 2007 GOVERNORS’ RETREAT, OCTOBER, 2007.
The success of every country that has achieved development can be traced back to a date, and a place; when and where individual actors, political elite, people like us, decided to re-examine themselves, question orthodox , Read
Kwara State Government signs a N2.5billion Equity Participation Agreement with Shonga Farm Holdings Nigeria Limited to boost food production in the State
In furtherance of its giant strides in agricultural development, the Kwara State Government has signed a N2.5billion Equity Participation Agreement with Shonga Farm Holdings Nigeria Limited to boost food production in the State, Read
Governor Saraki preaches committment and zeal to public office holders at Salah celebration
Political office holders in Kwara State have been advised to serve the people with commitment and zeal as everybody would one day give account of his stewardship while on earth, Read
Governor Bukola Saraki tasks NIA for lasting Development in the State
Kwara State Governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki has called for collaboration between the State Government, the Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA) and the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) in the task of developing the State, Read
Kwara State Government launches Air Transport Service Project
The Kwara State Government in collaboration with the management of Overland Airways on Wednesday launched the Essential Air Transport Service Project to restore flight services on Lagos- Ilorin route, Read
Conference Tourism and Kwara State
There is an exciting new mood in Kwara State, as the Executive Governor, His Excellency Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, looks to tourism to generate further economic growth, Read
FG charges others to emulate Governor Bukola Saraki
he Federal Government has charged other states of the federation to emulate the vision of governor Bukola Saraki by introducing Youth Farm Training centre schemes in their respective states with assurance to give the graduands all necessary support, Read
100 Students Graduate from Malete Farm
The Federal Government is to put in place necessary policies and articulated action plan to remove all impediments to commercial agricultural production in the country with a view to promoting public-private partnership, Read

Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by TawaTemi1(f): 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2007
thresa8:

thanks, my sister.

U r welcome wink wink wink
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by sholashola: 12:57am On Dec 19, 2007
My state governor sad embarassed Can I rank him 0.2%?? He does not have the slightest idea who a governor should be. After stealing 11 months from His boss' tenure. Harassing the peace loving people with Fadageri thugs, beating up workers who are protesting,, should I go on? He doesn't even appear anywhere anymore we onl see his omoise(deputy) He has no single idea.Thinks being a governor is all about embezzling!!! angry angry sad sad Haa, Alao Alakara!!! embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by ahuramazda(m): 7:26pm On Dec 23, 2007
Ye shall know them by their website. Check it out.

http://www.oyostategov.com

Achievements: Biograghy in html format; Speech in .doc format. All for downloading for comprehensive reading.

Rating - 100% Social Function

grin grin grin"AKAKA JUST DEY KALA KALO KOLO" grin grin grin

grin grin grin IM PAPA DEY DABA DABO DUBU FOR MOLETE grin grin grin

cheesy PDP!!!    pronounce - PIN DIN PIN !!! cheesy (Share Deduct Share)

POWER!

Once again, PIN DIN PIN!!! POWER!!!
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Ezinwannem: 3:53am On Dec 26, 2007
@rati ken , lol, u r so funny, well in regards to ur question, Andy Uba is the elder broda to Chris Uba. Yes, Andy uba was the governor 4 a short period, 2 weeks or so b4 he was kicked out and Peter Obi who is da current governor took office. Before that, Obi was the governor and Mrs Virginia Etiaba the deputy governor den Obi was impeached and Etibaba became the Governor until another election was held in which the first senerio occured, lol.

Obi and Etiaba r doing very well
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by dammybee(f): 10:37am On May 26, 2009
Ogun State Gov. Gbenga Daniel is the most worst Gov we have in the country, plz help me tell him to come and see what is His Excellency Gov. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) is doing in his state.

Just try to go to Sango and see the work of our state Gov. I pray may God pay him back fully what he has done to Sango People.

I have spoken. yeye man. (Shimu the Gov.).
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by dammybee(f): 10:39am On May 26, 2009
sad sad sad
angry angry angry
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by wanitas(f): 4:12pm On May 26, 2009
my governor, hmmm, Akwa Ibom state gov, hmmm
all my gov knows how to do is talk, and try his best to disparage his predecessor,

his high point is the latest order that no commercial okada ater 6.30 pm, creating hardship or his citizens in a state with no other means of transportation apart frm okada.( no buses, no town drop, or any thing of d sort, people r just suffering,

he compares his state to cross river and rivers with established means o public trans, its really sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Seek Revocation Of Oil Bloc Licences Awarded Without Due Process / Ogun: Abiodun Restates Commitment To Complete Roads Abandoned By Amosun / PDP Crisis: Why Secondus Can't Be Removed From Office Till December - Enoidem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.