Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Turkey Moves Against Iraq - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turkey Moves Against Iraq (831 Views)

EFCC Moves Against Diezani’s Associates, Seizes Cars, Cash, Jewellery / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. / Sss Moves Against Northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkey Moves Against Iraq by berserker(m): 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2007
turkey has deployed about 100,000 men to its border with Iraq and coming at a point when the american parliament is pushing for troops withdrawal another prozy war is coming
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2007
berserker:

turkey has deployed about 100,000 men to its border with Iraq and coming at a point when the american parliament is pushing for troops withdrawal another prozy war is coming

blame the Turks.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Afam(m): 11:03pm On Nov 09, 2007
Blame the Turks for what?

They are learning from the US and Israel that waged war against nations simply because terrorists came from those nations according to them.

What is goose they say is also good for the gander.

The chicken is surely coming home to roost,
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 09, 2007
Afam:

They are learning from the US and Israel that waged war against nations simply because terrorists came from those nations according to them.

As usual . . . they just jump without reasoning. So the Turks have finally decided to move against Kurdish rebels on its border with Iraq and the US and Isreal are now to blame? That the Turks have taken this long to act militarily is simply because of pressure from the US.

There are Kurds in Turkey and the current fear is that if the Kurds in Iraq declare independence, the Kurds in Turkey would choose to follow suit . . . that would destabilise turkey which is why it has chosen military action.

It doesnt hurt to keep quiet when you are ignorant of the issues you jump into.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Afam(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2007
davidylan:

As usual . . . they just jump without reasoning. So the Turks have finally decided to move against Kurdish rebels on its border with Iraq and the US and Isreal are now to blame? That the Turks have taken this long to act militarily is simply because of pressure from the US.

There are Kurds in Turkey and the current fear is that if the Kurds in Iraq declare independence, the Kurds in Turkey would choose to follow suit . . . that would destabilise turkey which is why it has chosen military action.

It doesnt hurt to keep quiet when you are ignorant of the issues you jump into.

I pray you continue to reason like this all the days of your life. I guess this is a simple prayer you need.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Iman3(m): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2007
Afam:

So if Turkey threatens to invade another nation,it is the US and Israel's fault for "teaching" them? Never mind that Turkey has been making military incursions into Northern Iraq since the 90s and once threatened to invade Syria,mobilising troops at the border,merely because Syria harboured Abdullah Ocalan. . . . .but I guess that is Israel/US fault since they "learnt" from them.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2007
Afam:

I pray you continue to reason like this all the days of your life. I guess this is a simple prayer you need.

and to think i actually assumed you knew what you were talking about earlier.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Afam(m): 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2007
I-man:

So if Turkey threatens to invade another nation,it is the US and Israel's fault for "teaching" them? Never mind that Turkey has been making military incursions into Northern Iraq since the 90s and once threatened to invade Syria,mobilising troops at the border,merely because Syria harboured Abdullah Ocalan. . . . .but I guess that is Israel/US fault since they "learnt" from them.

Twister, stop comparing apples with oranges.

We are talking about a nation threatening another nation based on the actions of some terrorists.

US did it, Israel did it and now they don't want Turkey to do it, why?
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by ono(m): 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2007
But, what is it with this Afam chap? Must you make derogatory remarks about someone to pass your message (if any) across? Why can't we reason like adults that we are and make this forum free of rancour and strife, so that we can learn in peace?
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2007
Afam:

Twister, stop comparing apples with oranges.

We are talking about a nation threatening another nation based on the actions of some terrorists.

US did it, Israel did it and now they don't want Turkey to do it, why?

There is a clear difference between just "talking about" and knowing what you talk about. Turkey is NOT threatening Iraq over "terrorists". They are trying to protect their national integrity from Kurdish REBELS (not terrorists) intent on seceding from Iraq and forming their own nation. The Turks are aware of consequences of such an action since it also has a large Kurdish population who want to secede with their Iraqi neighbours.

Secesion of the Kurds will most likely spell the end of Iraq as a nation which is what the US is trying to prevent.

It has nothing to do with terrorists. Oga try and read before ejaculating.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Afam(m): 2:49am On Nov 12, 2007
ono:

But, what is it with this Afam chap? Must you make derogatory remarks about someone to pass your message (if any) across? Why can't we reason like adults that we are and make this forum free of rancour and strife, so that we can learn in peace?

Only fools like you will accuse me of making derogatory remarks about someone to pass my message because you are blinded by your stupidity.

I respond in kind to posts so learn to live with it.

@davidylan,

It is very clear that your problem is fundamental. When you are not lying about something you are basing your comments on poor understanding of issues. Do you really have a part of you that has respect for truth?
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 12, 2007
Afam:

@davidylan,

It is very clear that your problem is fundamental. When you are not lying about something you are basing your comments on poor understanding of issues. Do you really have a part of you that has respect for truth?

Its funny how EVERYONE except you has a "fundamental problem". Unfortunately you spend so much time insulting others and very little time attempting to articulate your point of view neither do you bother to point out what you consider wrong in other posts you seem to get hung up over.
Sometimes it makes me wonder, is your problem because you know something the rest of us dont know or are you seriously allergic to being corrected and shown up for the ignorant oaf you really are?

You cry about "poor understanding of issues" when in the real sense of it that is exactly what you have exhibited on this thread and on others where you have been exposed for posting a hoax!
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by debosky(m): 3:04am On Nov 12, 2007
Turkey is not moving against Iraq

Turkey supplies most of the electricity and water supplies used in Northern Iraq and is a conduit for most of the US aid coming in.

Turkey is simply going into Iraq solely for the elimination of the PKK which is designated as a terrorist organization due to some of its attacks, but primarily because of the incessant attacks on Turkish Army troops in the Kurdish region of Turkey.

Public Opinion in Turkey demanding the end of these incursions and the deaths of Turkish soldiers, as well as the drive to protect its territorial integrity are the main causes behind this attack.

Iraq as a nation is not being attacked, this is a focused and specific military operation against a rebel organisation using a neighboring state as a launch base for attacks.

To give an analogy, Pakistan making incursions into Afghanistan to attack rebel bases used for launching attacks against it does not constitute moving against Afghanistan, and I don't think the Afghan govt would view it as such. As long as the organisation is not a government based/supported body, the ordinary people of Iraq have nothing to fear - don't be used by others as an attack base and you will have no problems.

This goes right down to the right to defend yourself against aggression from across your border - a right enshrined in the universal body of rights.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Afam(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2007
Certainly not against Turkey attacking the terrorists in Iraq but can a country go into another country to fight terrorists if the 2 countries are friendly? I think not.

Why is the US against such attack when it carried out complete illegal invasions into other countries that did not harbor terrorists?

It seems that the truth hurt so much that many find it hard to live it. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

The double standards of the US is high and there is certainly no end in sight.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by ettehgate(m): 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2007
@afam,
try to understand that there are people here
that are too sentimental anytime time you mention
almighty USA1 america and USA 2 Israel.

in some peoples opinion these 2 great coutries are
above others in all ramisfication.

WHAT IS GOOD FOR THEIR GOOSE, IS NOT
GOOD FOR THE GANDER OF OTHERS.   
       GOD HELP US
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Afam(m): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2007
I wonder how people are able to sleep at night after telling lies like mad during the day.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Mariory(m): 1:33am On Nov 13, 2007
*Yawn* Next!
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by denex: 6:17am On Nov 13, 2007
When will this Turkish version of the war begin? please I haven't seen raw war action on CNN for a very long time. the USA war is getting monotonous. we need a new player jare. I can't wait. bought a new microwave for the popcorn.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by pisces20: 10:02am On Nov 13, 2007
denex please be condiderate
so what will happen to the inhabitants
people will be suffering and dying
and you'll sit back at home at home
watching and eating popcorn
abeg i dnt pray for such.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by ono(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2007
Afam:

Only fools like you will accuse me of making derogatory remarks about someone to pass my message because you are blinded by your stupidity.

I respond in kind to posts so learn to live with it.
Christ! you haven't changed Afam. See man, you need to grow up. Why call me a fool after reading my entry. You'd be better off with a shrink by your side to vet your post before putting it in here for all to read. Stupid man.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Afam(m): 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2007
ono:

Christ! you haven't changed Afam. See man, you need to grow up. Why call me a fool after reading my entry. You'd be better off with a shrink by your side to vet your post before putting it in here for all to read. Stupid man.

Nope, I haven't changed from good to bad if that's what you meant. So, you can't figure why I referred to you as a fool? You surprise me, it is because you are one.

Do you still wish the Igbos dead because they were doing well before the war? The type of idiotic mindset some deranged human beings have here is disgusting.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2007
pisces20:

denex please be condiderate
so what will happen to the inhabitants
people will be suffering and dying
and you'll sit back at home at home
watching and eating popcorn
abeg i dnt pray for such.

The Problem turkey has been having with the kurds has been going on for about a century now.During that time people have been dying to. I think the turks just want to deal with the problem once and for all. It is unfortunate that this is the time they choose to do it but I do believe they have a right to defend their people from these terrorists who have been troubling them. What would we rather they do? Sit back and continue watching turks get killed by the PKK?? If they feel this is the best way to deal with the problem, then it is there decision to make in this.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Afam(m): 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2007
It seems that common sense is now returning to some people on this forum, this is really good news.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by ono(m): 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2007
Afam:

Nope, I haven't changed from good to bad if that's what you meant. So, you can't figure why I referred to you as a fool? You surprise me, it is because you are one.

Do you still wish the Igbos dead because they were doing well before the war? The type of idiotic mindset some deranged human beings have here is disgusting.

Hmn. Well, since you have an axe to grind with me on the Igbo civil war palava, why not just go to that thread and bring up whatever it is that's bothering you there? Must you go all over the place, even in threads that have no relevance of any sort to the Igbo war, to display your stupidity and warped sense of understanding of issues?

I insist, you need see a shrink asap. slowpoke of the Forum.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by OEPHIUS(m): 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2007
considering the fact that america has been pusuading the turks to exercise restraint for a long time and this is comming at a time when big arrogant BUSH if under fire to withdraw his boys and he probably needs someone he can trust to keep an eye on saddam's imaginary WMD then something smells fishy no sorry this stinks
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Afam(m): 7:40am On Dec 02, 2007
ono:

Hmn. Well, since you have an axe to grind with me on the Igbo civil war palava, why not just go to that thread and bring up whatever it is that's bothering you there? Must you go all over the place, even in threads that have no relevance of any sort to the Igbo war, to display your stupidity and warped sense of understanding of issues?

I insist, you need see a shrink asap. slowpoke of the Forum.

Axe to grind with a complete fool? Nope. It's just that you never disappoint when it comes to displaying your stupidity. People like you that wish others dead simply because you felt they were doing well should be dismissed as misguided and hateful lot.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by ono(m): 8:32am On Dec 02, 2007
Afam,
Well, I read a bit of your responses to sane people's entries in this thread and some others. It seems to me that somewhere, somehow you deviated from the reasonable fellow I used to know and became very much full of yourself. I quite appreciate how difficult things could get when people with opposing views to yours justify their reasons with concrete evidence and you're left with nothing but the vague imaginations of your warped mind to buttress your claims.

Keeping quiet and reading others' response will be taken as wisdom in such instances.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by denex: 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2007
war please.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by OEPHIUS(m): 10:09pm On Dec 02, 2007
can we keep to the topic please
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by OEPHIUS(m): 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2007
i think the cause of the problems in the middle esat is america they are the ones supporting turkey
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2007
OEPHIUS:

i think the cause of the problems in the middle esat is america they are the ones supporting turkey

America has been the sole reason Turkey is yet to move against Kurdish rebels in Iraq.
Re: Turkey Moves Against Iraq by OEPHIUS(m): 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2007
America has been the sole reason Turkey is yet to move against Kurdish rebels in Iraq.

that is sensible if you have your troops there

considering the fact that america has been pusuading the turks to exercise restraint for a long time and this is comming at a time when big arrogant BUSH if under fire to withdraw his boys and he probably needs someone he can trust to keep an eye on saddam's imaginary WMD then something smells fishy no sorry this stinks

(1) (Reply)

2007 Marks The Deadliest Year In A Decade For Journalists Globally / Nigeria Won't Recognise Mauritania Rulers After Coup / Mikel Obi Arrested For "drink-driving" In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.