Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing (18617 Views)

Get 1gb Data Plan Internet Browsing On Your Zain Sim For Just #1,100 / Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo / Surf The Web Anonymously! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing by upnaijaDRN: 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2012
Y'ello! Introducing MTN Simple Surf, Hourly Internet Plans for your Laptop & PC, Choose From 2hrs, 20hrs, 100hrs or 300hrs Bundle. The New Internet Plan from MTN (Just Like a Cafe Timing System).

This is a Great Move and a Good Strategy to beat off other Networks, This is a very Suitable Bundle for those that Download Much Online as they can now Download without the Fear of exhausting their Data Bundle or MB, Now you only have to be Time Conscious. Cheers!!!

Checkout the Bundle Plan, Validity Period, Price, Keyword.

Bundle Plan (Time) Validity Period Price Keyword
» 2 Hours 2 Days N250 2H
» 20 Hours 7 Days N1,500 20H
» 100 Hours 30 Days N5,000 100H
» 300 Hours 90 Days N13,000 300H

To Subscribe to your Preferred Bundle Plan, Load in the Required Amount, Then Text the Keyword to 131 e.g Text 20H to for 20 Hours Data Bundle

NOTE:- From Observation, This New Plan is not Suitable for Mobile Users because you won't enjoy Unlimited Downloads on Mobile within the Bundle Time Frame. The Best for PC Users.

» Keep Downloading but don't forget to keep your eyes on the time!
Re: Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing by samir101ng(m): 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2012
Hmmm !!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That's a great marketing strategy from MTN. But however, how sure are we that its really unlimited ?! angry angry Coz, these people will always trick you into subscribing to a plan and then discreetly write a fair usage policy at the end which people don't notice. However, if its truly unlimited, then MTN go suffer be that. Download freaks will just line up their downloads and go to sleep. Was getting consistent speeds of over 600KB/S on my 7.5Mbps HSPA modem. Imagine what i will get on a 28.8 Mbps modem with a Rapidshare Premium Account. Na God save MTN am in a place with no 3.5G coverage. Only Airtel 3.75G is available. Anybody try the plan ?

1 Like

Re: Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing by Smartdoy(m): 7:11pm On May 01, 2012
MTN! MTN! MTN! Dem n0 go die well! I subscribed 4 dt 2hrs to test run, c0uld u believe dat as i plug am 2 my pc, he n0 c0nnect buh if i use am wit ph0ne operamini he go go! Na like dat i l0ok am til d wh0le tin expire
Re: Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing by jamace(m): 5:34pm On May 05, 2012
Hmnn. MTN network and indeed most networks in Nigeria disappear at will, so how can one enjoy this?.

I remember subscribing to MTN 3O Days 5GB Data Plan for 8k only for network to disappear for one week, and fluctuated for the remaining period. At the end of 30 days, I was only able to use I.2GB out of the 5GB. And the most annoying thing is that I went to their service centre to complain and was only told, "we are sorry about that. there is nothing we can do". Osanobuwa!!! >:

Seriously, why can't these network providers roll over unused data for next subscription?

They are OVER exploiting Nigerians, I tell you.
Re: Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing by Lansky(m): 8:47am On Aug 15, 2012
It is not unlimited download oh...There is a FAIR USAGE POLICY applied to the time-based plans...and they don't state what exactly is the limit on the fair usage policy.
Re: Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing by joyfu: 10:38am On Aug 15, 2012
...when you're on the 2H plan, once you your downloads reaches 100MB, they'll start shutting down the speed of the connection making you think it is network problem. To bypass this, just disconnect and reconnect again to gain back the speed. You'd have to repeat that process when they block the speed anytime.

Hopes that help.
Re: Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing by melvinu: 2:31am On Nov 08, 2012
Mtn. Na just scam kai, this is rubbish estisalat is the best
Re: Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing by justi4jesu(f): 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
Smh to Mtn, this is the 4th time I subscribed for 2h on Mtn. I used just 25mins and disconnected the internet but after 30mins I received a text that my data bundle has been exhausted. Thieves mtn.. They always find a way of stealing from customers.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 8460p Intel Corei5. 320gb 4gb Fingerprint. / How Can I Use My Computer As A Router / Charles O'rear's World Most Viewed Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.