Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Will Nigeria Be Better Divided? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Be Better Divided? (934 Views)

Poll: Will Nigeria be better divided (North and South)?

Yes: 100% (3 votes)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Division will not change anything: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki / Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB / In Event Of World War 3, Would Nigeria Be A Safe Country To Reside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will Nigeria Be Better Divided? by Piyke: 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2012
This is a thread open for deliberation. With the recent instability here is my take on the above question:

There is no doubt in my mind that if a northerner were to become the president of Nigeria BH will die a natural death, I think virtually all nairalanders would agree on this. I do not understand why the north (Hausas)should lay such claim to power. For all the years that Hausa ruled us non of the other tribes started this kind of revolution. I also agree that PDP caused part of this problem with their so called zoning formula, however with the turn of things after the last elections I doubt that a mere doing away with zoning in PDP will solve this recent menace.

I therefore think that a good solution would be a division: North and south. Since the north cannot bear having another rule. This way everyone will always be in power.

Other enlightening comments are welcome. I do not intend to start up a tribalism war but if the truth must be told then somethings must be said.

Or do you not agree that if a northerner were to become president that BH attacks would cease?

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Better Divided? by ak47mann(m): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2012
i think referendum will be needed cool cool
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better Divided? by Piyke: 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2012
ak47mann: i think referendum will be needed cool cool

This is indeed needed though I doubt the powers that be will allow it come to pass. Scotland should be voting on one to decide if they remain part of the UK or not.

(1) (Reply)

Violence in Ibadan. / Poverty Amidst Plenty In Nigeria / For The Love Of Biafra :: A Protest Letter From Akanu Ibiam To The Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.