Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Hollywood-rockmond Dunbar Is A Nigerian - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hollywood-rockmond Dunbar Is A Nigerian (1384 Views)

Hollywood Actor Killed By Train / Hollywood Actor, Eddie Murphy’s Daughter Posts HOT Bikini Shots (LOOK) / Most Beautiful Hollywood Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hollywood-rockmond Dunbar Is A Nigerian by scopusng(m): 7:25am On Apr 30, 2012
Hollywood A-list actor, Rockmond Dunbar who last year traced his African roots to Yoruba race was full of life at the just concluded 8th edition of AMAA.

Rockmond Dunbar in his Yoruba native attire

The actor, best known for playing Benjamin Miles ‘C Note’, Franklin on the thrilling and dramatic series ‘Prison Break’ (FOX, 2005- ) stormed the event in the company of his mother.

According to him, he brought his mother to Nigeria to link her up with his ancestral home. “I came to this event with my mother, I want to show her that this is where we come from,” Dunbar said excitedly.

For the actor and his mother, it was a kind of homecoming to their ancestral land. Only recently, Dunbar was welcomed to the Yoruba community at the Egbe Omo Yoruba Convention held in New York, where he was re-christened Omobowale Adunbarin.

Dunbar was one of the Hollywood top stars that graced this year’s AMAA. Others were Morris Chestnut ,Lynn Whitfield, Maya Gilbert and Jimmy Jean Louis who hosted the awards night alongside OC Ikeje.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/homecoming-for-rockmond-dunbar-and-mother/

Welcome home my brother.
Re: Hollywood-rockmond Dunbar Is A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 30, 2012
can someone pls send the memo to this guy that YORUBA ethnic group also has roots in Togo and Republic of Benin.
Re: Hollywood-rockmond Dunbar Is A Nigerian by scopusng(m): 7:52am On Apr 30, 2012
MRbrownJAY: can someone pls send the memo to this guy that YORUBA ethnic group also has roots in Togo and Republic of Benin.

Abeg, forget Togo and Benin matter.
Re: Hollywood-rockmond Dunbar Is A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2012
scopusng: Abeg, forget Togo and Benin matter.

are you saying that these people are NOT as much Yoruba as Nigerians are? what if his ancestors actually came from there?
Re: Hollywood-rockmond Dunbar Is A Nigerian by scopusng(m): 8:19am On Apr 30, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

are you saying that these people are NOT as much Yoruba as Nigerians are? what if his ancestors actually came from there?

They are NOT as much Yoruba as Nigerians are. They are fake
Re: Hollywood-rockmond Dunbar Is A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:59am On May 01, 2012
^^^ you should educate yourself bro, what was known as Yorubaland back in the days is part of Nigeria, Togo and republic of Benin (and even some parts of Ghana)........ here, let me help you: https://www.nairaland.com/721396/who-yoruba-benin-republic

no need to thank me!
Re: Hollywood-rockmond Dunbar Is A Nigerian by semid4lyfe(m): 11:56am On May 01, 2012
Vanguard Newspaper:
Hollywood A-list actor, Rockmond Dunbar who last year traced his African roots to Yoruba race was full of life at the just concluded 8th edition of AMAA.

When did Rockmond Dunbar become a Hollywood A-list actor? undecided

D-list doesn't even begin to describe that guy grin

(1) (Reply)

Wale Earned $5 Million Last Year, Deemed A “cash Prince” By Forbes / Photos: Beyonce In Show-stopping Half Time Super Bowl Performance / 2face And Ani Going Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.