Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Synthetic Oil - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Synthetic Oil (1864 Views)

Synthetic Oil, ATF, CVT And Coolant 08090885065 / MOBIL-1 and castrol , 5w-20,5w-30 Full Synthetic Oil Available In 5 Quartz / Zic Motor Oil (semi & Fully Synthetic) For All Japanese & European Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Synthetic Oil by Yink99(m): 9:10am On Nov 11, 2007
can synthetic auto oil be shipped in a container to nigeria from america?
Re: Synthetic Oil by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 11, 2007
Yink99:

can synthetic auto oil be shipped in a container to nigeria from america?

No reason why not. Unless anyone can tell any different?
Re: Synthetic Oil by Ivvie: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2007
Why don't you just buy it from home instead of shipping?  Basically, the question in analogy is as asking if you can buy a bottle of water abroad and have it shipped.  That for sure needs a second opinion.

Monetarily, it makes no sense.  You are better buying it directly from mobil or shell than doing the hassle yourself. It's even cheaper at home than what's on the shelf.
Re: Synthetic Oil by Yink99(m): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2007
If i could find it in Nigeria, i'll buy it. When i was in Nigeria last (Jan 07), never saw it, no one even knew what it was. Please let me know where i can buy it. It will save me alot of money. And also have you seen it in Nigeria and have you personally bought it in nigeria for your vehicles?
Re: Synthetic Oil by Ivvie: 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2007
I have seen them in lagos. I think they refer to them as reformulated. They might be called something else. When I resided in Lagos, my Dad used Mobil Synethics (we never had to buy it). It's almost twice or three times the conventional one but good. Try looking for Mobil 1 with Supersyn or Advance Syn technology. Those are synthetic oils. They might be branded at something else. Combining the abroad with nigeria, my Dad has been using synthetic oil since the mid 70's. Go around and ask.

You can also have synthetic oil shipped to Lagos. Anything short of Mobil 1 or Amsoil would definitely not be wise. Nothing outperforms those two brands. I do my oil changes almost every two years and I never have problems.
Re: Synthetic Oil by Tats(m): 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2007
Yink99:

If i could find it in Nigeria, i'll buy it. When i was in Nigeria last (Jan 07), never saw it, no one even knew what it was. Please let me know where i can buy it. It will save me alot of money. And also have you seen it in Nigeria and have you personally bought it in nigeria for your vehicles?

I have seen and bought it in Nigeria for my car while living there. Used to buy it in Mobil but it was quite expensive compared to others.
Think I bought it for around N6000 per gallon and its called Mobil 1. Lasts very much longer and its very good for car engines.
Re: Synthetic Oil by Ivvie: 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2007
There is a Mobil head office at Victoria Island (don't really know where). Look for the mini mart. They stock Mobil synthetic oil. I strongly suggest you go for the Mobil1 brand since it's engineered for extended interval changes. Cautionm try getting the Mobil1 filter. There is no point fitting your vehicle with such oil and then regular filter. The filter cannot keep up with the extended stay of the oil.
Re: Synthetic Oil by Tats(m): 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2007
Ivvie:

There is a Mobil head office at Victoria Island (don't really know where). Look for the mini mart. They stock Mobil synthetic oil. I strongly suggest you go for the Mobil1 brand since it's engineered for extended interval changes. Cautionm try getting the Mobil1 filter. There is no point fitting your vehicle with such oil and then regular filter. The filter cannot keep up with the extended stay of the oil.

Thats where I used to get mine from. Its just at the begining of the way to Lekki from VI (before the Palms shopping mall).
Re: Synthetic Oil by Ivvie: 7:53pm On Nov 14, 2007
Tats:

Thats where I used to get mine from. Its just at the begining of the way to Lekki from VI (before the Palms shopping mall).

I guess two testimonies are better than one.

(1) (Reply)

For Car Experts.Inspired Seinna Jenju Viperman and Others / 2002 Nissan Maxima , Very Neat / Toyota Camry Pencil Light Vs Honda Accord Baby Boy Vs Nissan Altima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.