Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Is Jamb turning into Fraud scheme? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Jamb turning into Fraud scheme? (851 Views)

Is Jamb Still Adding 40 Marks / What Is Jamb Marking Scheme / Is Jamb Direct Entry(de) Form Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jamb turning into Fraud scheme? by Thatdave(m): 1:20am On May 01, 2012
Its been many years i took my jamb, and am through with school too.
But just the other day, i was helping a friend fill their jamb(direct entry) form online.

These are the latest fraudulent development i found out:
1. I couldn't login, because they had used javascript to make the login button unclickable!
From what i feel, they don't want laymen to ever register jamb by themselves.
To confirm my suspicion i beat that blockade by disabling java on my browser and bravo! It became clickable!
So i logged in with the card details (this card was bought for N4500)

2. On logging in, i continued with the registration, but found out i cant even complete the first phase because
there is a field for Jamb Accredited registration center access code.
A little Google search showed me that Jamb requires Cyber cafes to register as jamb centers (with some fee i suspect)
This will in turn force the cyber cafe operators to charge extra for the registration!
You see the loop?

4. Plus the Jamb result checking card can only be used 3 times, for what?
Its just like telling someone their ATM will work for 3 tries! So you have to buy another one, again?

5. Unlike they instructed in the direct entry card. There is no link at www.Jamb.org.ng leading to the Direct entry registration page
Maybe this was supposed to be secret(Known only by the accreditation centers)

I thought Jamb is a government owned institution and should not be that greedy and capitalist?

I used google to find out the Direct Entry Registration Page http://www.jamb.org.ng/DirectEntry/
Its not anywhere he re www.jamb.org.ng/

Please guys air your contributions, forgive my grammatical mistakes if i made any.
Re: Is Jamb turning into Fraud scheme? by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On May 01, 2012
Where is the Online application form to be found?
Re: Is Jamb turning into Fraud scheme? by Thatdave(m): 1:33am On May 01, 2012
Kobojunkie: Where is the Online application form to be found?

I used google to find out the Direct Entry Registration Page http://www.jamb.org.ng/DirectEntry/
Its not anywhere he re www.jamb.org.ng/
Re: Is Jamb turning into Fraud scheme? by Kobojunkie: 1:46am On May 01, 2012
Thanks. Also, do you have a sample copy of what the receipt is supposed to look like? I want to know what I should expect given that this the form is meant to be transmitted back to some weird email address, after filling, I am guessing, with payment information included.
Re: Is Jamb turning into Fraud scheme? by Thatdave(m): 9:05am On May 01, 2012
Kobojunkie: Thanks. Also, do you have a sample copy of what the receipt is supposed to look like? I want to know what I should expect given that this the form is meant to be transmitted back to some weird email address, after filling, I am guessing, with payment information included.
Which of the reciepts? The one got from Jamb office on purchase of the form?

(1) (Reply)

Ansu 2nd Choice Post Utme 2012/2013 / Please I Need A Study Partner For Acca F2 And F3 / Types Of Girls In Skools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.