Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,936 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live (5941 Views)

Leke Alder, Pat Utomi Storm Uyo For Mitchell & Michelle Business Summit / Planning A Cross Cultural Wedding Reception-ideas Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by snellsun(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2012
The 10th edition of theplatform live on channels tv and internet. www.theplatformnigeria.com. This edition promises to be inspiring & thought provocking with a lot of local & international speakers which include : Anil k. Gupta, magatte wade, Ibukun Awosika, Luis Alexandre Chicani, Leke Alder, Haiyan Wang, Michael Strong, Anand Giridharadas etc...

Watch live: Here
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by snellsun(m): 11:20am On May 01, 2012
Luis Alexander chicani (CEO DentalCorp Brazil) just finished his section. Leke Alder is next.
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by ayox2003: 12:07pm On May 01, 2012
Airing live on Channels.
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by mukina2: 12:48pm On May 01, 2012
some of what he said :

The future is not free. When you pay the price, life will give you the prize.
Its not about who thinks about an idea first,but about who does something about it.
Some people cant state their idea in simple terms - either in English or Portugese!
There is a difference between an idea and an idea about an idea
You can become anything you want. The only thing constraining you is you - Leke Alder

5 Likes

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by chosen04(f): 1:05pm On May 01, 2012
Platform is just a waste time. Imagine sitting down to be told what u already know?

2 Likes

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by intelligen(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2012
I tink i ve heard enof of al dis talk..making it luk as if we live in fantasy land...d few oportunities available re cönstantly being xploited by dos dat ve acess to it first hand to d detriment of d poor masses n average nigerian on d streets....n they continue telng us fables...time to ve my siesta jare..am outta here

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by Degis(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2012
chosen04: Platform is just a waste time. Imagine sitting down to be told what u already knows?

If you already know it, what have you done about?. Arrogance and Ignorance has finished you. Olodo Oshi
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by 27naira(m): 1:43pm On May 01, 2012
chosen04: Platform is just a waste time. Imagine sitting down to be told what u already knows?

See watin you don cause angry i don pour water for my keyboard angry where i dey try not to laugh sad

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by cogsej06(m): 1:46pm On May 01, 2012
intelligen: I tink i ve heard enof of al dis talk..making it luk as if we live in fantasy land...d few oportunities available re cönstantly being xploited by dos dat ve acess to it first hand to d detriment of d poor masses n average nigerian on d streets....n they continue telng us fables...time to ve my siesta jare..am outta here

My broda....U just said it as it is......dey r deceiving theirselves nt me. Just yesterday can U imagine FG telling graduates 2 create jobs rather than populating. How can dey wen dere r no good roads, electricity, access 2 loans n incentives, basic amenities etc....after selecting few youths 4 a scheme dey will annouce 2 d whole world dat dey are gonna create dis n dat, total Rubbish!!! Talk, talk, talk n dey keep depriving lots of youths dat ladder 2 step up. Well d bad news 4 dem is dat I am climbing n will definately get dere all in Gods grace. Foolish old folks who went to skool on scholarships, graduated with jobs waiting 4 dem turned Naija into a war zone n refuse bin. Mcheeeeeeew SMH.

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by kaiter: 1:59pm On May 01, 2012
The future is not free. When you pay the price, life will give you the prize.
Its not about who thinks about an idea first,but about who does something about it.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by Decryptor(m): 2:04pm On May 01, 2012
And how will "The platform 10.0" stop Boko Haram or reduce the pump-price of petrol? Will it create jobs for the teeming un-employed Nigerian youths? Another money making scheme! Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by realwale: 2:28pm On May 01, 2012
Crap and all dese talks are bullshit,most of these guys studied and do biz abroad.they have never bn harrased by corrupt civil servants while trying to earn a honest living. Have they ever bn frustrated by d ineffectiveness of govt while trying to create wealth for themselves. I know a guy who lost his job and set up a cyber cafe but all his profits goes into buying diesel and d ISP are always giving him problem.he is fed up.i know a friend who operates a bar but is thinking of closing shop because he is tired of buying fuel everyday to power d generator. I operate a transport biz,i cough out money everyday to lastma,frsc and policemen almost on daily basis.not even d cost of maintaining d vehicle as a result of bad roads.
My pple,i can go on nd on...those just talk nd talk..the reality on ground far outweigh their fantasy.. We all good ideas but until u start,u wont know how messed up dis country is. Banks and other coys are on a sacking spree yet we keep rolling out graduates everyday. Only d corrupts make it fast in dis land

6 Likes

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by eprynce(m): 2:47pm On May 01, 2012
It's all a show of wealth and arrogance...they should jettison their ill-gotten monies and connections and try to start like the ordinary guy, then they can tell us how. shioooooooooooo
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by miqos02(m): 2:59pm On May 01, 2012
realwale: Crap and all dese talks are bullshit,most of these guys studied and do biz abroad.they have never bn harrased by corrupt civil servants while trying to earn a honest living. Have they ever bn frustrated by d ineffectiveness of govt while trying to create wealth for themselves. I know a guy who lost his job and set up a cyber cafe but all his profits goes into buying diesel and d ISP are always giving him problem.he is fed up.i know a friend who operates a bar but is thinking of closing shop because he is tired of buying fuel everyday to power d generator. I operate a transport biz,i cough out money everyday to lastma,frsc and policemen almost on daily basis.not even d cost of maintaining d vehicle as a result of bad roads.
My pple,i can go on nd on...those just talk nd talk..the reality on ground far outweigh their fantasy.. We all good ideas but until u start,u wont know how messed up dis country is. Banks and other coys are on a sacking spree yet we keep rolling out graduates everyday. Only d corrupts make it fast in dis land
on point
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by snellsun(m): 3:00pm On May 01, 2012
Decryptor: And how will "The platform 10.0" stop Boko Haram or reduce the pump-price of petrol? Will it create jobs for the teeming un-employed Nigerian youths? Another money making scheme! Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww
Decryptor:

[quote author=Decryptor]And how will "The platform 10.0" stop Boko Haram or reduce the pump-price of petrol? Will it create jobs for the teeming un-employed Nigerian youths? Another money making scheme! Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww
Decryptor: And how will "The platform 10.0" stop Boko Haram or reduce the pump-price of petrol? Will it create jobs for the teeming un-employed Nigerian youths? Another money making scheme! Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww
[quote author=Decryptor]

some pple tink wit dere yanch.
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by BBDelta(m): 3:06pm On May 01, 2012
Best Presentation of Enterprenuership I have heared in many year, infact I am at the guys website now, I have to google the guys out, wheather it is just knowledge he read and give out to us, I appreciate, at least someboy is reading giving it out, insteading nobody reading out all.

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by snellsun(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2012
miqos02:
on point

wat's on point about dat crappy comment? is platform d cause of corruption in nigeria ? or are the organiser d cause of inadequacy of the government. dis pple are tring 2 open ur eye 2 d various opportunity around u & u ar her chanting shit. ode olodo...
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by snellsun(m): 3:16pm On May 01, 2012
miqos02:
on point
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by chosen04(f): 3:17pm On May 01, 2012
After listening to Thelma Ekiyor, CEO of Theoplius Danjuma's Foundation lecture people on the need to be corruption free during Platform5.0 i noticed that these platform events are all charades . . . . . . .
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by chosen04(f): 3:20pm On May 01, 2012
27naira:

See watin you don cause angry i don pour water for my keyboard angry where i dey try not to laugh sad

If u are wise, you will know that this site changes someone's original post to whatever suits it.

Its high time you wake up to reality dude.
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by festuskol(m): 3:42pm On May 01, 2012
WOW! i feel very sad 4d
future of dis country, going by d comments above of sad,dejected,confused n unmotivated youths. Some of d comments above shows how hopeless many youths hav become. It further shows dt even if these youths see sth dt can help them develop,they wil stil reject it.
No.1 d platform is free. But d most of d speakers, were flow in.
2. If u kip on waitin 4dis govt 2create jobs n electricity 4u 2start a biz, then it shows how shallow n dumb ur thinkin is. Stay there n ur kids wil curse in future when u start givin excuses 4not tryin ur best ,irrepective of d environment.
Now b4 u insult me, pls name 1 man dt u trust 2change dis country. Just one.
Cos personaly i belv we nid 2build a crop of new leaders wt new minds. Innovators, not pple waivin on tins 2b 100percent b4 takin a step(cos any fool can start a biz in an ok environment).
D platform is one of such platform 4buildin great leaders. Remain in fada's house,sleep,eat n point d blamin finger(but rememaer dt 4finger points back 2u at)

2 Likes

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:46pm On May 01, 2012
chosen04: Platform is just a waste time. Imagine sitting down to be told what u already know?

Could not have said it any better grin
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by bros12345: 3:57pm On May 01, 2012
Hopeless comments. People are trying to encourage you to do something about your life and you sit in your computer and home selling your dejection. Sorry. Does GEJ or look like someone that will do your road for you? Stay there and continue crying.

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by 27naira(m): 4:04pm On May 01, 2012
chosen04:

If u are wise, you will know that this site changes someone's original post to whatever suits it.

Its high time you wake up to reality dude.

Na sorry wey you go tell me be this?

Take your time o
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by realwale: 4:18pm On May 01, 2012
chosen04: After listening to Thelma Ekiyor, CEO of Theoplius Danjuma's Foundation lecture people on the need to be corruption free during Platform5.0 i noticed that these platform events are all charades . . . . . . .

i am speechless, for over 30yrs now, Danjuma has been of d pple piloting d affairs of dis nation,plundering our wealth while enriching their pockets at d expense of our economy.d man donated one of d two oil blocks he got from abacha to charity.d despot;abacha was giving oil blocks to his cronies in a corrupt,danjuma was one of d many beneficiaries,he confessed to this himself sometime in 2010 and he gave out one of d blocks to his foundation because he said his children were over depending on his wealth. So i am surprised someone from his camp can be talking of a corrupt free nigeria.

No one is saying d Platform is a bad idea but u guys shud understand dat a biz plan dat worked in d UK may fail here because our situation is different.what obtains here is not d same as over there. There is nothing like merit here but who u know and how much u can part with.
I am a Biz Adm graduate and read a lot of motivational books too but i still dont run away from reality. How many of dese so called authors/speakers ideas have u been to put to practise successfully. Theory is not most times d same thing as d practical itself.

2 Likes

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by bros12345: 4:29pm On May 01, 2012
realwale:

i am speechless, for over 30yrs now, Danjuma has been of d pple piloting d affairs of dis nation,plundering our wealth while enriching their pockets at d expense of our economy.d man donated one of d two oil blocks he got from abacha to charity.d despot;abacha was giving oil blocks to his cronies in a corrupt,danjuma was one of d many beneficiaries,he confessed to this himself sometime in 2010 and he gave out one of d blocks to his foundation because he said his children were over depending on his wealth. So i am surprised someone from his camp can be talking of a corrupt free nigeria.

No one is saying d Platform is a bad idea but u guys shud understand dat a biz plan dat worked in d UK may fail here because our situation is different.what obtains here is not d same as over there. There is nothing like merit here but who u know and how much u can part with.
I am a Biz Adm graduate and read a lot of motivational books too but i still dont run away from reality. How many of dese so called authors/speakers ideas have u been to put to practise successfully. Theory is not most times d same thing as d practical itself.

Do you really believe the books you have read? Me think they are not working for you because you are fighting against yourself. The books will tell you to start small, ignore shame and disappointment, be persistent, believe it, say it, so which one again is reality that you are talking about? Wake up bro
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by realwale: 4:35pm On May 01, 2012
snellsun:

wat's on point about dat crappy comment? is platform d cause of corruption in nigeria ? or are the organiser d cause of inadequacy of the government. dis pple are tring 2 open ur eye 2 d various opportunity around u & u ar her chanting shit. ode olodo...

what is crappy about d comment. I am talking from exprience,i have worked in a very good bank for almost 5yrs now.i started doing biz 2yrs ago and i know what i am talking about. I started my biz because i knew one day an end will come to paid employment because of d mergers.i lost my job in february but i was prepared for it...so dont think u are talking to a LOSER.
Over 800 pple lost deir jobs last week alone. D other guy said GEJ wont fix d roads,maybe ur dada can help us fix it and ur mum fix d electricity issue too. You can ask pple in d manufacturing sector how much is expended on diesel,plants maintenance etc.many of dem are moving to ghana. Ask d hairdstylists and barbers how they are coping? No one is saying we shud wait for d govt to provide jobs but d ones dat are using their initiatives and ideas are bng frustrated out of biz.
Most of u guys can ask dose already there,u will know it is more than IDEA CONCEPTION ND BIZ PLAN. U must consider d external factors too. All d Peter Drucker nd Prof Potler books do not guaranty ur biz success.

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by realwale: 4:35pm On May 01, 2012
snellsun:

Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by realwale: 4:37pm On May 01, 2012
snellsun:

what is crappy about d comment. I am talking from exprience,i have worked in a very good bank for almost 5yrs now.i started doing biz 2yrs ago and i know what i am talking about. I started my biz because i knew one day an end will come to paid employment because of d mergers.i lost my job in february but i was prepared for it...so dont think u are talking to a LOSER.
Over 800 pple lost deir jobs last week alone. D other guy said GEJ wont fix d roads,maybe ur dada can help us fix it and ur mum fix d electricity issue too. You can ask pple in d manufacturing sector how much is expended on diesel,plants maintenance etc.many of dem are moving to ghana. Ask d hairdstylists and barbers how they are coping? No one is saying we shud wait for d govt to provide jobs but d ones dat are using their initiatives and ideas are bng frustrated out of biz.
Most of u guys can ask dose already there,u will know it is more than IDEA CONCEPTION ND BIZ PLAN. U must consider d external factors too. All d Peter Drucker nd Prof Potler books do not guaranty ur biz success.
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by Decryptor(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2012
[quote author=snellsun][/quote]some pple tink wit dere yanch.[quote]
Just like you do Mr SMELLsOn
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by Decryptor(m): 4:45pm On May 01, 2012
realwale:

Dont mind that SMELLSON SOnofabiatch talking s.hiT...he is one of those type of losers who sit at home doing nothing but feeding out of his aged parents' pension
Re: Leke Alder: Theplatform 10.0 : Cultural Innovation Live by bros12345: 4:56pm On May 01, 2012
so because u hav done business 2 yrs and have not succeeded and people lost their jobs that's why the message the platform speakers are teachin are false. maybe u should find out how many years it took microsoft,sony,facebook,apple and other companies to succeed. find out how many people lose their jobs in the US and europe evry year. if u dont accept the message of hope u may soon find urself washin plates elsewhere. crying monkey

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From Nigerian Youth Achievers Award In Lagos / Happy Super Sweet 16 Birthday Mother And Happy Birthday To Me. / Mobile Tent/marquee For Your Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.